Lineup 2018

1 minute ago, Jess24 said:

Leeds festival website has just been updated. I wonder if that's a sign that an announcement will be soon:blink: I sure hope so! 

Welcome to the forum :)

Yeah both the Reading and Leeds websites were updated on Thursday so we're expecting it pretty soon. I believe someone called the helpline and was told next week but I may be wrong, and they might not have had correct info either. But we should definitely have an announcement in the coming weeks I'd say :)

2 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Welcome to the forum :)

Yeah both the Reading and Leeds websites were updated on Thursday so we're expecting it pretty soon. I believe someone called the helpline and was told next week but I may be wrong, and they might not have had correct info either. But we should definitely have an announcement in the coming weeks I'd say :)

The person that called the helpline had it as Monday but I’m very doubtful about how true that is - they could’ve made their name the contact number or whatever 

7 minutes ago, C14S said:

The person that called the helpline had it as Monday but I’m very doubtful about how true that is - they could’ve made their name the contact number or whatever 

I thought that because the lass calling and the FR employee had very similar accents. Didn't wanna bring it up bc it was a bit tinfoil hat. :lol: I reckon it's a bit of an outlandish con to pull though.

1 minute ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Someone said something about tomorrow didn't they? Looking unlikely now with there being no prior announcement to back it up.

@festivalsaregood said he was 90% sure it was tomorrow (75% sure this week). Could potentially be the announcement of the announcement. 

And its not necessarily a random guess cos he did know Catfish were playing APE

4 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Latitude are announcing their line up tomorrow, I doubt they would do it on the same day as reading so probs the announcement of announcement tomorrow then xx

Yeah Id bet money we're getting an announcement of announcement first. So if anything is tomorrow I reckon it'll be that 

13 minutes ago, Lukie74 said:

@festivalsaregood said he was 90% sure it was tomorrow (75% sure this week). Could potentially be the announcement of the announcement. 

So there's a greater chance it being one day in a week than that one + six other days in a week :P

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Lukie74 said:

Other way round, 90% sure it's gonna be in the coming week, 75% it's gonna be tomorrow. Looks like I was probably wrong about tomorrow though with Latitude announcing.

31 minutes ago, festivalsaregood said:

Other way round, 90% sure it's gonna be in the coming week, 75% it's gonna be tomorrow. Looks like I was probably wrong about tomorrow though with Latitude announcing.

Oh wait yeah obviously it'd be the other way round :D

Edited by Lukie74

I reckon t'll be the announcement of the announcement of the announcement of the announcement of the announcement tomorrow announcing that the Arctic Monkeys will have an announcement of an announcement in which they'll announce they won't play Reading and Leeds and then the announcement of the announcement will be the day before the announcement 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

5 minutes ago, oscs said:

I reckon t'll be the announcement of the announcement of the announcement of the announcement of the announcement tomorrow announcing that the Arctic Monkeys will have an announcement of an announcement in which they'll announce they won't play Reading and Leeds and then the announcement of the announcement will be the day before the announcement 

No one should ever have to try this hard.

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, bradburyjames said:

Just seen Spring King and Weirds in Leeds, proper class gig. Reckon Spring King could play? mid FR slot maybe

Not sure. They already played low down the NME so maybe towards the top of the FR bill? Or opening/second main stage?

edit: oh they've played mid-FR in '15 too.

Are they playing new stuff by the way? Would be interested in a new album from them.

Edited by dentalplan

3 minutes ago, aaalive said:

Macklemore announced in Finland weekend before R&L so probably can be around. Any chances?

I'd have thought he'd more likely for V fest, but idk how big his setup is or if V fest is even being replaced this year. Don't think he'd have a place at R&L anymore (though tbh it would be the exact kind of booking I wouldnt be surprised to see R&L make)

47 minutes ago, aaalive said:

Macklemore announced in Finland weekend before R&L so probably can be around. Any chances?

Please say it ain't so, he was truly dreadful in 2014. Missed a band I really like to see him and I've lived with soul crushing regret ever since.