Lineup 2018

No idea how these things work but if his ban has been lifted I imagine it's too short notice for R&L to book Tyler for this year, unless they knew in advance. I'll be surprised if he's there anyway. Besides, he seems to be doing early European festivals.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

It'd be great if they got a headliner who was a surprise and maybe a bit unconventional for R&L, but still a huge name. Someone along the lines of Springsteen or The Who.

The last time they did that was The Cure in 2012. Since then, has there been a headliner booked that has genuinely surprised anyone?

Just now, VCK said:

It'd be great if they got a headliner who was a surprise and maybe a bit unconventional for R&L, but still a huge name. Someone along the lines of Springsteen or The Who.

The last time they did that was The Cure in 2012. Since then, has there been a headliner booked that has genuinely surprised anyone?

Fall Out Boy was a suprise but not in a good way....

5 minutes ago, VCK said:

The Who or Springsteen would be a terrible booking for R&L.

i’m pretty sure tyler’s not unbanned yet, i think he got an exhibition at the one star hotel cause he’s been tight with converse and he’s dropped like 3 collab shoes with them (which are fire btw). he’s also midway through a US tour with vince so he’s not gonna get to london during that regardless

favourite rapper though so hopefully the ban is lifted sooner rather than later

Edited by pepesilvia

22 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

He played three consecutive years. :P

Didn't even realise he subbed NME the year before as well. :lol: 

Would be a cool booking for me, probably a similar placement to that considering he subbed the Other Stage at Glasto 15.

Can't see that it's been mentioned but while looking around the swish new website, I noticed the stages page reads:

"Stage breakdowns will be released soon!
But you can still see all the artists here."

And then it links to the artists page where there are obviously no acts listed yet. So it seems to strongly suggest that the stage breakdowns are coming separate from the artists, and it'll be that dogshit Coachella poster style again on the first announcement.

• Upvote 1