Lineup 2018

Just now, Aech said:

Posts wireless exclusive.

Seems like all of my most anticipated acts have gone elsewhere as exclusives and this really fucks me off. Tame Impala and Vampire Weekend to name a couple. Has it always been like this? I swear its just been in the last couple years that it has become a lot more popular for promoters to tie down acts to give them that exclusivity label... however my memory could be wrong

Kasabians fake 'UK Exclusive' last year makes me want to doubt the legitimacy of these tags until we see a line-up, but maybe it's just FR who are bullshitters, and EOTR and Citadel actually care about their reputation

1 minute ago, Bromhead said:

Is he being told to put people off? Or is it a no go

Screenshot_20180208-203744.png

I frequent the AM subreddit (as you can guess by my name) an Blake (the guy who runs it) has always been a very reliable source but based off what was said previously, the guy saying it's meant to be a big surprise, then I'd assume that it's being kept under wraps very tightly and so I'm not sure if he'd really by 'in the know' about this and therefore whether to take his word here or not... Although he does sound incredibly sure and he has said in the past he NEVER likes to confirm something unless he knows it for sure otherwise it would just ruin his credibility

1 minute ago, RUMINE said:

I frequent the AM subreddit (as you can guess by my name) an Blake (the guy who runs it) has always been a very reliable source but based off what was said previously, the guy saying it's meant to be a big surprise, then I'd assume that it's being kept under wraps very tightly and so I'm not sure if he'd really by 'in the know' about this and therefore whether to take his word here or not... Although he does sound incredibly sure and he has said in the past he NEVER likes to confirm something unless he knows it for sure otherwise it would just ruin his credibility

Fair enough. I just thought the "Nope" seemed odd. Maybe reading to much into it.

5 minutes ago, RUMINE said:

Exactly what my person said. Keeping it under wraps for a red herring type act. He seems pretty sure AM are there but we will have to wait and see but it correlates well with whats been said to me.

2 minutes ago, DR OK said:

Seems like people are trying to convince themselves despite all the evidence pointing to no. Only way I can see them being there is if something has changed in he last few weeks 

I really can see both sides but I honestly think if FR don't want to absolutely shoot themselves in the foot then they would have made every last effort to book them. PLUS if they aren't playing anywhere else in the UK this year then why wouldn't TRNSMT  make a huge 'UK Exclusive' push?? 

But if Blake says 'nope' then it's looking extremely unlikely. 

Sorry guys for repeating the same AM debate as has been on here for what feels like forever.

Just now, matty13 said:

i’m trying to hold off on buying tickets until the lineup is announced, but if it’s actually AM, Foos & Kendrick then how quickly do we think they’ll sell out after the announcement??

I'm sure you'd have plenty of time honestly. Although it is a very strong lineup, weekend tickets especially haven't sold out in a very long time (I'm sure someone can give me the year they last did) 

Probably does depend on if you're planning on going to Leeds or Reading as the latter will Sell Out sooner if at all

1 minute ago, RUMINE said:

I'm sure you'd have plenty of time honestly. Although it is a very strong lineup, weekend tickets especially haven't sold out in a very long time (I'm sure someone can give me the year they last did) 

Probably does depend on if you're planning on going to Leeds or Reading as the latter will Sell Out sooner if at all

Reading sells out every year I believe, even weekend tickets. Could've sworn they sold out around May last year.

11 minutes ago, matty13 said:

i’m trying to hold off on buying tickets until the lineup is announced, but if it’s actually AM, Foos & Kendrick then how quickly do we think they’ll sell out after the announcement??

What line up could make reading sell out really REALLY quickly??? Arctics, Oasis and foos?

any other ideas? xxx

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

What line up could make reading sell out really REALLY quickly??? Arctics, Oasis and foos?

any other ideas? xxx

With Oasis on there I presume we are just ignoring any logic

The Smiths, Oasis & The Sherlocks  would do it

Edited by RUMINE
  • Like 1

Starting to have some strange hope of pearl jam being there. It just doesn't make sense why they'd leave a 11 day break in the middle of what is a fairly short tour. Remember arctics are playing firefly right in the middle of all their european festivals and they're literally flying over and back just for that- could pearl jam do the same I wonder

Edited by R Shah

Just now, R Shah said:

Starting to have some strange hope of pearl jam being there. It just doesn't make sense why they'd leave a 11 day break in the middle of what is a fairly short tour. Remember arctics are playing firefly right in the middle of all their US festivals and they're literally flying over and back just for that- could pearl jam do the same I wonder

Pearl Jam aren't playing.

1 minute ago, R Shah said:

Starting to have some strange hope of pearl jam being there. It just doesn't make sense why they'd leave a 11 day break in the middle of what is a fairly short tour. Remember arctics are playing firefly right in the middle of all their US festivals and they're literally flying over and back just for that- could pearl jam do the same I wonder

Firefly is also in the US though?

4 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

any other ideas? xxx

Unrealistic: 3 of Oasis, zeppelin, rage against machine, and stone roses

Slightly Realistic: green day, radiohead , AM with 30stm, royal blood and dua lipa as subs 

Realistic : AM, Kendrick foos with 30stm, imagine dragons and courteeners as subs 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Firefly is also in the US though?

What i meant is Arctics are playing european fests all of june and July but in the middle of june theyre going over just to do firefly then coming straight back to carry on with Europe .

Pearl jam would be doing the opposite , coming over for r+l just once in the middle of a us tour 

21 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Unrealistic: 3 of Oasis, zeppelin, rage against machine, and stone roses

Slightly Realistic: green day, radiohead , AM with 30stm, royal blood and dua lipa as subs 

Realistic : AM, Kendrick foos with 30stm, imagine dragons and courteeners as subs 

If you really think thats realistic then you're gonna be disappointed with the actual lineup....