Lineup 2018

4 minutes ago, Aech said:

I thought for sure Royal Blood was too big to sub, but both them and Bastille played third down in 2015. Bastille did an arena tour a year later and subbed a year after that, Royal Blood did an arena tour two years after so surely subbing a year after that isn't completely out of the picture?

But they've only got 2 albums right? There can't be that many bands that have headlined after only 2 albums. Festival trivia experts shoot me down..

Edited by Capes

Any chance for Jet? MadCool announced them, and being the same organization (LiveNation)... 

That's why I expect the lineup quite similar to LN festivals around Europe (AM, FOOs), but also something special (Kendrick would be great, FATM would be magic). I also would like to have YUNGBLUD there (in some smaller stage), young guys with great potential.

Edited by gianlpz

32 minutes ago, zak14 said:

More likely Pit headliner

No way they would do pit headliner, I think they would still get 3rd down myself....I think anything lower and they would just do a tour themselves.

What makes me wonder if that guy is correct is that I could see The Distillers playing and Reading getting them on a UK Festival Exclusive. 

1 minute ago, gianlpz said:

Any chance for Jet? MadCool announced them, and being the same organization (LiveNation)... 

That's why I expect the lineup quite similar to LN festivals around Europe (AM, FOOs), but also something special (Kendrick would be great, FATM would be magic). I also would like to have YUNGBLUD there (in some smaller stage), young guys with great potential.

Not sure on Jet but I definitely expect Yungblud somewhere mid FR Stage

1 minute ago, Capes said:

ha ha, true. They did have good fireworks though. 

I've come up with (maybe) Franz Ferdinand and Razorlight as well. 

Yep, just checked they both did it off two as well, but don't think they're too fondly remembered as headliners haha. Especially Razorlight.

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

What makes me wonder if that guy is correct is that I could see The Distillers playing and Reading getting them on a UK Festival Exclusive. 

I can totally see this happening. Preferably LU headline but can also see the slot that AOF and ATDI played.

2 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

I can totally see this happening. Preferably LU headline but can also see the slot that AOF and ATDI played.

When I saw early American dates announced for them I wondered if Reading have them. I would find it hard to resist going for the day if they were there. Put Offspring 3rd on Foos day with Distillers 4th and I'm there. Unfortunately you'll never get a day at Reading that strong again now.

1 minute ago, Steve1000 said:

I think it'd be main stage.

I'd be surprised if they didn't play, in all honesty. Both albums Brody's done since Distillers have seen her play R+L and I guess her husband (and any management/agency contacts they share) has a strong relationship with the festival too.

5 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Disclosure more recently.

4 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Yep, just checked they both did it off two as well, but don't think they're too fondly remembered as headliners haha. Especially Razorlight.

The puts to bed my two album theory then :-)

I think my view of RB is jaded slightly as I saw them play in a leisure centre in front of about 3k people only 3 months ago - seems like a big jump to Reading headliners - although I know they played much bigger venues on that tour. 

3 minutes ago, 19liam75 said:

Die antwoord playing boomtown 2 weeks before reading, didn’t think they are touring around Europe this year. Chance for r&l? They played 2014 & 2016 , not that there’s a pattern but maybe 2018? 

Pretty sure after 2016 Die Antwoord said they'll never play R&L again.

Just now, gianlpz said:

Just trying to throw some random names I'm expecting: MGMT & Justice (they're touring together), Post Malone, Dua Lipa, AM Franz Ferdinand James Bay. Unexpected: QOTSA & Underworld

QOTSA said they aren't doing any other UK shows after Finsbury Park this year. Doubt James Bay maybe the others.