Lineup 2018

4 minutes ago, AG19972017 said:

Any chance of SZA being there? shes getting pretty big and she could go on with kendrick to do that "All the stars" banger from the new black paanther album, reckon she could do pretty well at reading

Yeah I have her subbing the NME on the Kendrick day so she'd finish as Kendrick starts. Would work well and can see it happening.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Properbigfan said:

Reckon if this is true the tickets would sell out quickly?

Possibly day tickets, especially for AM as they have sold out their TRNSMT day (took longer than expected though...) but I think weekend tickets aren't really in danger of selling out unless the under card is really good but even still that won't happen till closer to the time

Edited by RUMINE

5 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Cheers for the drop of info. The Offspring seem an odd one but the rest seems plausible. If true I wonder where it leaves Royal Blood. If they can bag those three headliners and manage to put together a decent undercard then fair game.

Doubt they'd be able to get RB to sub with those 3 headlining tbh, feel like the under card may be a bit lackluster but if the other stages are ok that doesn't necessarily bother me. 

@RarerThanDandyB think people are more bored of people with evidently fake posters asking if they're real and people coming out of nowhere and giving names with no source and just generally taking the piss. No reason not to believe your info and it certainly seems the most plausible of these 'leaks', but also don't have any reason to suggest you're telling the truth. I'll commend you on Monday if you are indeed spot on :).

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Doubt they'd be able to get RB to sub with those 3 headlining tbh, feel like the under card may be a bit lackluster but if the other stages are ok that doesn't necessarily bother me. 

@RarerThanDandyB think people are more bored of people with evidently fake posters asking if they're real and people coming out of nowhere and giving names with no source and just generally taking the piss. No reason not to believe your info and it certainly seems the most plausible of these 'leaks', but also don't have any reason to suggest you're telling the truth. I'll commend you on Monday if you are indeed spot on :).

Exactly thats how I feel, no reason to not believe what I have been told and to me it seems likely than whats been said. I agree, the time to applause it is of course when we get an announcement.

The source seems plausible and this is what the thread is for, so I will share it with everyone. We will know Monday it seems.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

I reckon they are too big for it. Not really sure though 

To be honest I'm not quite sure either, I think the other suggestion of 4th on main is also plausible. I just kind of put them in the same bracket as Good Charlotte and New Found Glory.

Edited by zak14

As much as I think Kendrick Foos AM would be amazing, i really wanna see RB and there’s surely no way they’d sub. 

For me their arrogant rockstariness made their set last time out

Saw them at Ally Pally and warming for Foos at the MK Bowl back in 2015, and imo they’re so great live I reckon any headline set would steal the entire weekend.

3 minutes ago, Capes said:

The don't really fit in NME to me - I think 3rd or 4th on Main is most likely. They were 3rd down in 2011. Pit would be carnage though :D

I only thought they might do it as Limp Bizkit did it in 2015. They would be quality in a tent but yeah they could well do 3rd-4th on main. 

4 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

I only thought they might do it as Limp Bizkit did it in 2015. They would be quality in a tent but yeah they could well do 3rd-4th on main. 

Fair point - although that did seem a bit strange at the time,  I guess they wanted a heavier alternative to Bumford on the main stage.

It would be nice to see them sub Foos on the main stage though. Pixies thrown in for good measure, proper old school reading lineup ^_^...showing my age now :unsure:

Edited by Capes

I thought for sure Royal Blood was too big to sub, but both them and Bastille played third down in 2015. Bastille did an arena tour a year later and subbed a year after that, Royal Blood did an arena tour two years after so surely subbing a year after that isn't completely out of the picture?

2 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

They aren't playing on the National day at ape (I'm assuming that's what you are referring to). Regardless, go alone to see them if no one will go with you. You'll still have a great time

Edit: regarding them playing Reading. Seems very unlikely with them playing ape.

Ah, you sure - APE is the other side of the festival season but yeah. I am not really keen on spending the £70 as the acts I like are really just Phoenix and Glass Animals on that date (haven't tried smaller acts yet) I think i'm going to try get a cheap resale ticket maybe.

1 minute ago, Aech said:

I thought for sure Royal Blood was too big to sub, but both them and Bastille played third down in 2015. Bastille did an arena tour a year later and subbed a year after that, Royal Blood did an arena tour two years after so surely subbing a year after that isn't completely out of the picture?

As much as I hate to say it, Bastille didn't grow much bigger during that time, Royal Blood definitely did.

With regard to imagine dragons- If they are there, does anyone think there's a chance they could sub Kendrick ? No disrespect to Kendrick- But I doubt he'd sell his day ticket as well as foos or am. Imagine dragons haven't really declined or increased in their mainstream popularity with this album and they appeal just to fans of mainstream pop - who Kendrick appeals to quite a bit too. In the eyes of pop fans and teenagers that would be quite a good day for them right? 

Edited by R Shah