Lineup 2018

2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

So who's going to end up subbing this? Tame Impala and Stormzy both out - Courteeners / Pixies / Vaccines? A Day to Remember on an exclusive? 

I reckon 30STM>>RB, Travis>>Kendrick and Courteneers>>Foos

3 minutes ago, Aech said:

You can hardly call a man who played ten years in a row irrelevant.

Aye I can. Towards the end of that 10 year run he was becoming irrelevant to the R&L audience and the last 3 appearances were as Mongol Horde, a solo set headlining FR and a special guest opener slot. My guess is that those last two happened only to get him to 10 consecutive years. I could still see Mongol Horde playing because they'd only take a small slot and probably still appeal to the Lock Up/Pit crowd. Frank Turner himself, though, is past his peak and on the slide and R&L don't tend to book acts in that situation. He'd also probably still want a slot around 3rd/4th/NME headline because of his size in general, but for the audience that now attends there are loads of better bookings.

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

The chance AM are there is increasing. If its the trio of Foo's, AM and Kendrick that would be amazing, that weekend of music is just great though I fear for the undercards...

How is it increasing? R&L wasn't in their massive drop of European festivals, the owner of this website has been told they aren't playing and the main Arctic Monkeys ITK has said they're not playing.

Well the source that told me AM, Foo Fighters and Kendrick as headliners with The Offspring  playing spoke to me again today.

Announcement is apparently definitely Monday with a good chance announced tomorrow that it is Monday.

They also said Dua Lipa, Wombats, Jungle and Distillers have been booked. 

Remember I'm sharing what they have said to me, because it's what the threads about. What they said I am sharing it with people who want to know the lineup and it's two minds whether it's right but you all should know.

As I said please don't slaughter me. I am just trying to assist and this is what I got told. @eFestivals I suppose we will see on Monday. I cannot say enough though that I am sharing what I was told and wouldn't post unless I actually believed the person.

When I quizzed about AM and potential evidence they are not playing they said it's a red herring, surprise type of thing.

I am sick of these posts as well but I thought you should know.

Thanks.

• Upvote 10

50 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

So the 30STM album is out in April, and they have the weirdest set of supports ever lmao. Walk The Moon, K.Flay, Joywave, MisterWives and Welshy Arms....

I got tickets to see them in March, looking forward to it, to see the band, not an actor ;)

6 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Well the source that told me AM, Foo Fighters and Kendrick as headliners with The Offspring  playing spoke to me again today.

Announcement is apparently definitely Monday with a good chance announced tomorrow that it is Monday.

Remember I'm sharing what they have said to me, because it's what the threads about. What they said I am sharing it with people who want to know the lineup and it's two minds whether it's right but you all should know.

As I said please don't slaughter me. I am just trying to assist and this is what I got told. @eFestivals I suppose we will see on Monday. I cannot say enough though that I am sharing what I was told and wouldn't post unless I actually believed the person.

When I quizzed about AM and potential evidence they are not playing they said it's a red herring, surprise type of thing.

Thanks.

Cheers for the drop of info. The Offspring seem an odd one but the rest seems plausible. If true I wonder where it leaves Royal Blood. If they can bag those three headliners and manage to put together a decent undercard then fair game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AG19972017 said:

Any chance of SZA being there? shes getting pretty big and she could go on with kendrick to do that "All the stars" banger from the new black paanther album, reckon she could do pretty well at reading

I'd say there is definitely a fair chance, not only for that reason but festival republic would be wise to book as many female artists as possible.

SZA has a good spread of fans, along with Dua Lipa, that I think the younger R&L fans will enjoy so I would not be surprised to see them both there with somewhat high slots. 

Edited by RUMINE
Grammar

12 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Thanks.

Reckon if this is true the tickets would sell out quickly?