Lineup 2018

1 minute ago, festivalsaregood said:

I reckon announcement will be teased tomorrow for Monday at 7.30pm and it'll be all headliners plus a bunch of other stuff. You'd think they would have made an effort to book more women but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they haven't and there's hardly any on the line-up leading to more Twitter controversy.

Out of curiosity who do you think the headliners are @festivalsaregood

5 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

So who's going to end up subbing this? Tame Impala and Stormzy both out - Courteeners / Pixies / Vaccines? A Day to Remember on an exclusive? 

Vaccines are subbing Community so would be a bit below at Reading. Doesn’t look like Pixies are about and I don’t think they’d sub either. Thirty Seconds to Mars have a well cut out hole in their tour dates for R+L. Alt-J are around too.

Was kinda hoping Chance the Rapper would come back and make up for cancelled European shows but nothing to indicate that yet.

6 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

I feel The vaccines, pixies and 30stm will be subs. Just a guess. Obviously, you got acts like wolf alice and travis scott but i feel they will headline the NME more than subbing.

I’ve gone for Travis Scott, Thirty Seconds To Mars and Courteeners too. 

It wouldn’t surprise me to see The Vaccines or CHVRCHES pushed up to sub despite playing slightly lower at smaller festivals.

Anyone got ideas on what we'll see in 1Xtra stage? I'm hoping they get a few established hip hop names as headliners. Would love to see Pusha T make a return since I wasn't there when he headlined a few years ago. A Vic Mensa, Denzel Curry or Rick Ross would be incredible too, but I'm concerned they want to push grime more (which is fine, just less to my tastes)

13 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

So who's going to end up subbing this? Tame Impala and Stormzy both out - Courteeners / Pixies / Vaccines? A Day to Remember on an exclusive? 

As others have said, 30STM, Travis Scott, Courteeners. My next guess after that would be CHVRCHES, followed by The Chainsmokers (reckon they'd sub Kendrick tho and that seems like 30STM's most likely day based on tour dates).

15 minutes ago, El_Mago said:

Anyone got ideas on what we'll see in 1Xtra stage? I'm hoping they get a few established hip hop names as headliners. Would love to see Pusha T make a return since I wasn't there when he headlined a few years ago. A Vic Mensa, Denzel Curry or Rick Ross would be incredible too, but I'm concerned they want to push grime more (which is fine, just less to my tastes)

Really really hoping for Ski Mask The Slump God or A$AP Ferg. Rappers (not grime artists) currently in my prediction for the 1Xtra stage are: Smokepurpp, Mick Jenkins, $uicideboy$, Azizi Gibson, Isaiah Rashad, Noname, Denzel Curry and A$AP Ferg. Originally had Earl Sweatshirt and Joey Bada$$ but they both seem to be around early summer instead. Lil Pump is an outside shout too.

Edited by TheWaters

12 minutes ago, El_Mago said:

$uicideboy$ and Joey Bada$$ look pretty likely atm imo. The other one is up for grabs by anyone tbh

Just now, TheWaters said:

Really really hoping for Ski Mask The Slump God or A$AP Ferg. Rappers (not grim artists) currently in my prediction for the 1Xtra stage are: Smokepurpp, Mick Jenkins, $uicideboy$, Azizi Gibson, Isaiah Rashad, Noname, Denzel Curry and A$AP Ferg. Originally had Earl Sweatshirt and Joey Bada$$ but they both seem to be around early summer instead.

Saw Mick play leeds in 2016 (or maybe 2015) and he was fantastic... incidentally is your screen name a Mick Jenkins reference? I'd love Denzel and Noname

Just now, El_Mago said:

Saw Mick play leeds in 2016 (or maybe 2015) and he was fantastic... incidentally is your screen name a Mick Jenkins reference? I'd love Denzel and Noname

Haha, you're the first to pick up on that. My all time favourite artist. What a guy, would love to see him. Yeah Denzel would be great, really love a lot of stuff from his mixtapes. Same with Noname to be fair.

Just now, TheWaters said:

Haha, you're the first to pick up on that. My all time favourite artist. What a guy, would love to see him. Yeah Denzel would be great, really love a lot of stuff from his mixtapes. Same with Noname to be fair.

The Water(s) is one of my all time favourite mixtapes, although it's so coherent and intricate I think that it's a little reductive even considering it a mixtape. Props for the Cudi avi too

• Like 1