Lineup 2018

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Do you expect them to be further up or down? Subbing seems about right, they must sell similarly to Major Lazer

Their Alexandra Palace show seems like it’s only just sold out four months after announcing. I’m pretty sure Major Lazer sold that out in a few weeks at the most, and had already headlined festivals over here.

I recall the worry about The Chainsmokers was predicated on headlining Coachella, which didn’t actually happen.

In 2015 people kept editing the Glasto wiki page to say that I was playing 3rd down below Foos and Florence and the Machine. I kept removing it and people kept putting it back in. Eventually the page got locked from public edits because it was being messed with so much. It got locked whilst it had my name on it, though, so for ages until the actual lineup came out it had me playing 3rd down the Pyramid Stage.

1 hour ago, ngm16 said:

Hi guys, been a member for a while but never really posted! 

My housemate has a friend who books for festivals and he’s apparently put on facebook Arctics Paramore Kanye. I’ll see if she can send some sort of screen shot but yeah just thought I’d add to the discussion :)

Any luck? 

Blake (the guy who gets all the good AM info) says (once again) he's 98.99% sure that AM are not doing R&L.

That guy knew all the tour dates for this festival tour waaaay in advance. He also knew about firefly.

I'd say this should put the last legs of the rumour to bed. But of course with AM fans they'll still be predicting them after the lineup has been announced.

Edited by Matt42

This is for information, this thread, and I have been told something that may or may not have legs. 

The headliners apparently are: Arctic Monkeys, Foo Fighters and Kendrick. Also 'The Offspring' have been booked as well.

I have been told and sharing it as this is what its about. Take it how you want, the person works for FR and this is what he told me.

Please don't slaughter me. Its just what he said and take it with a pinch of salt.

Edited by RarerThanDandyB
Spelling

24 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

In 2015 people kept editing the Glasto wiki page to say that I was playing 3rd down below Foos and Florence and the Machine. I kept removing it and people kept putting it back in. Eventually the page got locked from public edits because it was being messed with so much. It got locked whilst it had my name on it, though, so for ages until the actual lineup came out it had me playing 3rd down the Pyramid Stage.

That on your CV?

9 minutes ago, peruvianjoco said:

Wow thanks for the downvotes xD guess I'll just not comment in the future ^_^ 

Sorry, that poster has been posted a bunch of times and people are pretty bored of it now.

I made the poster and told them after they had posted it which is why it got deleted. Its not looking pretty accurate anymore either.

7 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

This is for information, this thread, and I have been told something that may or may not have legs. 

The headliners apparently are: Arctic Monkeys, Foo Fighters and Kendrick. Also 'The Offspring' have been booked as well.

I have been told and sharing it as this is what its about. Take it how you want, the person works for FR and this is what he told me.

Please don't slaughter me. Its just what he said and take it with a pinch of salt.

Be nice to see The Offsrping there! Haven't seen them live since i watched them at Reading in 96

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Blake (the guy who gets all the good AM info) says (once again) he's 98.99% sure that AM are not doing R&L.

That guy knew all the tour dates for this festival tour waaaay in advance. He also knew about firefly.

I'd say this should put the last legs of the rumour to bed. But of course with AM fans they'll still be predicting them after the lineup has been announced.

It's because if they stop predicting them they might not be there. It's like there's no other bands that can headline the festival and if they're not there it will be the end of days. 

Dont get me wrong I'm a fan but it's grinding my gears how their fan base aren't the slightest bit open minded that the festival may be good without them performing. 

Just seeing the comments 'if Arctics aren't at R+L I'm going to ...' Is just so boring now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

It's because if they stop predicting them they might not be there. It's like there's no other bands that can headline the festival and if they're not there it will be the end of days. 

Dont get me wrong I'm a fan but it's grinding my gears how their fan base aren't the slightest bit open minded that the festival may be good without them performing. 

Just seeing the comments 'if Arctics aren't at R+L I'm going to ...' Is just so boring now.

Also when have Arctic Monkeys ever done Reading first? They aren't exactly a Reading house band at all. The only time they played the festival with a new album freshly released was in 2009 and it went down horribly.

People are acting like AM would go for Reading first if they had new material and not anywhere else

• Downvote 3

52 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

so there you are ooop norf, and you're best buddies with someone who works for FR in London? :P

In all seriousness, you might be right (I don't know that you're not), but i don't think you are.

The info we’ve had from people who know sorts at Festival Republic has been pretty conflicting so far.

The Offspring have a pretty regimented tour schedule where they do early summer on ‘even years’ and late summer on ‘odd years’ so I can’t see FR passing on them in 2015 and 2017 and going on to drag them back to the UK outside of their touring schedule in 2018.

Just got out of a client meeting (another new client at the accounting firm I work at) with some festival republic big boys. I said to em “hey lads I post on efestivals and we require some info for the reading and Leeds festival” 

They told me it’s kendrick, foos and AM (Allanis Morrisette) 

take it with a pinch of salt is all I’m saying to