Lineup 2018

3 minutes ago, randlfan said:

Royal Blood, Kendrick, Foos are headlining. Royal Blood are headlining outright, not coheadlining.

Thirty Seconds to Mars, Dua Lipa, The Hunna, J Hus, Courteeners, Don Broco, SZA, Wolf Alice, Nothing But Thieves, PVRIS, Travis Scott, Krept & Konan, Faithless have all been booked.

Yep that's a completely believable lot. I see more in this than any other source that's come forward in the last couple of weeks. Probably because I was about to post a prediction with 13 of those 16 acts so it makes sense to believe it. :P

Faithless is weird tho. "Faithless (DJ set)" surely?

This is now my personal speculation - I have no idea who is playing where other than the main stage headliners.

Friday - Royal Blood / Thirty Seconds to Mars. NME headliner - The Hunna.

Saturday - Kendrick Lamar / Dua Lipa. NME headliner - Wolf Alice.

Sunday - Foo Fighters / Courteeners. NME headliner - Travis Scott.

8 minutes ago, randlfan said:

what's zombie V?

Whatever V Festival comes back as after its death. We don't know it's name yet. Might not even come back.

9 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Dua Lipa at R&L rather than zombie V tho?

We do get some surprises though. Would be a statement to have a woman who is fair crushing it at the moment in a high up place. Admittedly more pop than I've ever seen a main stage R+L booking but pop singers play the smaller stages all the time so maybe not so out of place.

edit: forgot about Daphne & Celeste. I ain't got no alibi.

Edited by dentalplan

I think given that Thirty Seconds to Mars are in Germany on Wednesday and Hungary on Thursday; it's unlikely they'll be at Reading or Leeds on Friday (maybe at a stretch Leeds Friday/Reading Sunday but I don't expect as much) so I think they'll sub whoever's headlining Saturday at Reading - be it Kendrick or Foos.

4 minutes ago, Properbigfan said:

Does this change anything 

ACE46303-AEF7-46FD-9938-8021E45AAAE7.png

If it makes any of those less likely then that’s not a bad thing, what an underwhelming line up that is. Apart from chemical brothers, friendly fires and the Amazons there isn’t much there that I would want at Reading. CATB and George Ezra headlining feels very weak, thought they would have got one of the gallagher brothers in. Went last year and it’s such a nice festival and location but I won’t return this year. Hoping for Reading to drop a blinder now!