Lineup 2018

2 minutes ago, moams said:

I think Noel would take a sub slot but I just don't think he'll be there. Apart from the Oasis songs I don't think his music appeals to the younger generation that make up the majority of the ticket sales.

Oh yeah, I definitely don't think he'll be there. I think the fact he's headlining the big weekend as a Radio 2 headliner shows he isn't really big with the right demographic haha.

39 minutes ago, georgehorjj said:

Anyone see the Park Life lineup just released? Could this give any pointers who may/ may not be doing festivals this year - RandL in particular??

It might give us an idea of what acts we might have been overestimating or underestimating - for instance Chvrches or Sigrid - but they're quite different festivals so wouldn't take it as lore.

2 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Oh yeah, I definitely don't think he'll be there. I think the fact he's headlining the big weekend as a Radio 2 headliner shows he isn't really big with the right demographic haha.

Exactly, I mean I'm off to see him on his tour but still he generally appeals to the older generation. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

surely as there leaving the first announcement so late there obviously gonna want to sell as many tickets as possible so surely the line up will be very strong!

You would hope so. Do we think it will drop this week, cause don't they normally give us the time and day a few days before?

5 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

surely as there leaving the first announcement so late there obviously gonna want to sell as many tickets as possible so surely the line up will be very strong!

They usually want to sell as many tickets as possible whatever happens.

2 minutes ago, devilman said:

The "biggest band in the world" have failed to sell out presale at TRNSMT today. That does surprise me.

That does surprise me.

56 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

What is it you don't like about Pale Waves considering you love The 1975? Just curious, haha. I don't particularly like Pale Waves, but they do have a very similar sound.

i think it’s just the fact that every song they’ve released (that i’ve heard) sounds exactly the same and it feels very derivative of the 1975’s debut album (settle down in particular) haha. the 1975 have the benefit of a far larger discography but i’d be hard pressed to find songs that sound that similar imo

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pepesilvia said:

i think it’s just the fact that every song they’ve released (that i’ve heard) sounds exactly the same and it feels very derivative of the 1975’s debut album (settle down in particular) haha. the 1975 have the benefit of a far larger discography but i’d be hard pressed to find songs that sound that similar imo

Honestly i started listening to Pale Waves after seeing them on the Community lineup and like i never really have liked 1975 and would say i prefer Pale Waves. it hink you should listen to Backbeats ~ The Lighthouse though its really 1975y

Just now, Edduk98 said:

RIGHT! The announcement is tomorrow at 8am and the headliners are :

Foos

Kendrick

Royal blood and ID - CO Headline

Believe me or not. either way you will see tomorrow 

Come on then whats the source? 

Sounds like it's The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread to me.

2 minutes ago, Edduk98 said:

Foos

Kendrick

Replace Imagine Dragons with 30STM (either as a co-headliner or just a sub to Royal Blood) and that's what I'd go with.

1 hour ago, ryanbryans said:

it can give pointers to who's not playing

No new pointers though...

APE had already ruled out The xx, lorde and sampha

TRNSMT had ruled out CHVRCHES

Wireless likely to have ruled out Giggs

SW4 has ruled out MK

Lost Cavern ruled out Everything Everything

Liam played last year

N*E*R*D and Bonobo aint R&L demo

Justice are around again late summer

J Hus, Bugzy Malone and Skepta are probably all around late summer still anyway, they aint big internationally

6 minutes ago, Edduk98 said:

Foos

Kendrick

Let me guess you're one of DudeyRhino's sesh gremlins?

Edited by moams
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

You don't think they're way more likely for just doing Latitude this year? It's all around the same time as TRNSMT and Parklife. I guess they could do R&L, just would have expected them to be way more likely for Latitude...

Yeah but you were suggesting that CHVRCHES had already been ruled out prior to the Parklife announcement because they're playing TRNSMT, which wasn't the case at all.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn