Lineup 2018

You just skim through it and move one? Not make a comment to be an ass? Like the whole female act discussion, i just skimmed through it quickly as i wasnt that interested? But i dont make a comment because people are just posting what they think. No need to be a cock about it

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, Edduk98 said:

@dentalplan Look dude, im not here to argue or anything like that just posting my thoughts is all? Dont see what the problem is with that. If people are interested in it they can reply, if not just leave it? Dont get what i did wrong tbh

Those last two posts I was just pissing about tbf. No argument intended.

My post was pretty insensitive to you so I apologise but the credibility of this guy on his YouTube channel getting emails/DMs of bullshit info from his fans is just not worth defending.

7 minutes ago, Edduk98 said:

You just skim through it and move one? Not make a comment to be an ass? Like the whole female act discussion, i just skimmed through it quickly as i wasnt that interested? But i dont make a comment because people are just posting what they think. No need to be a cock about it

Prioritising Dudley over sexism in music :L

Seriously though, I don't think Dental meant to offend you. He doesn't care about your post, other people might. Respond to the people who do. 

• Upvote 1

Tbh I dont get why you need to discuss some obviously fake info here... Especially when there are so many other festival announcements going on rn/coming up soon (Lost Village, Green Man, Sziget, Oya, Victorious etc.) that probably give you a better idea of who is playing than some guy on the internet who is making stuff up to get views (which was pretty obvious after the whole "i have a source from an AM family member" video). 

At this point hes kinda pulled a bit of a boy-who-cried-wolf thing anyway, not sure I would believe him even if he did have a legitimate source nowadays anyway

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

if there's going to be a stage swaparound as rumoured, will there even be one of those?

No one can be sure but that rumour seems to have had water poured on it by its own source on here. Plus we heard on here that Wolf Alice are set to headline the NME and that seems more likely than the two stage hoopla anyroad.

36 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Tbh I dont get why you need to discuss some obviously fake info here... Especially when there are so many other festival announcements going on rn/coming up soon (Lost Village, Green Man, Sziget, Oya, Victorious etc.) that probably give you a better idea of who is playing than some guy on the internet who is making stuff up to get views (which was pretty obvious after the whole "i have a source from an AM family member" video). 

At this point hes kinda pulled a bit of a boy-who-cried-wolf thing anyway, not sure I would believe him even if he did have a legitimate source nowadays anyway

I don’t know why people are taking things he’s saying as fact anyway, he literally says to take it all with a pinch of salt

38 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Plus we heard on here that Wolf Alice are set to headline the NME and that seems more likely than the two stage hoopla anyroad.

while you might well be right, if they were booking acts for a new 2nd stage it's likely to get referred to somewhere down the line in casual mentions as the nme stage - so i wouldn't put too much faith in mentions like that as giving it certainty.

1 minute ago, stocky3000 said:

Have heard that it is the radio 1 stage going open air. Could this fit the rumour of 2 "main stages"

I suppose instead of two main stages, the traditional Reading rock and all guitar music could be focused where it normally is on the proper main stage, and then the new open air aspect of the Radio 1 tent could mean other genres are directed more towards there?

So Reading is still a festival for all different genres, and there are two main stages to give each equal distribution, but it's almost like two festivals going on at the same time.

If that makes sense.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

Have heard that it is the radio 1 stage going open air. Could this fit the rumour of 2 "main stages"

I can't see that the Reading festival site would fit two open air stages if they weren't next to each other as the field isn't massive and I think the sound clash between NME and main would be horrendous

8 minutes ago, Lukie74 said:

Surely they wouldn't remove the NME stage, if this rumour's true I expect the FR stage to take  hit and maybe the pit/lock up

not sure the numbers distribution would work very well if they did that, unless the nme line-up was downgraded to a smaller tent and lower profile bands.

(me, I think a 2nd open-air is a bit mad in the small site space of Reading, unless they did the 2-main-stages-next-to-each-other like they used to do. Sound bleed is bad enough as it is)

Edited by eFestivals

On 1/22/2018 at 7:19 PM, DownboundTrain52 said:

Unrelated note on six headliners rumour, specifically FOB; midweek sales for MANIA are in with 14,066. Think they'll be looking at around 22-23k finish on first week impact which is around par for the course of Save Rock and Roll five years ago but significantly down on Beauty/Psycho. Obviously opening frame sales is only a singular metric when addressing the size of an artist but it feels like it offers a solid estimation of current popularity - particularly when they also factor in immediate streaming figures. That of course does help contribute to a roughly 33% opening frame drop off previous peak album sales from pre-streaming era - mid-2014 - plus some typical market degradation. 

For reference (because, yes, I'm fairly boring and analytical):

Paramore - After Laughter: (21,000)
Imagine Dragons - Evolve (20,000)
Kendrick Lemar - DAMN (31,500)
Royal Blood - How Did We Get So Dark? (48,500)
Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold (61,250)
Bring Me the Horizon - That's the Spirit (43,543)*

(BMTH's is the only release from outside the past twelve months, so assessing their current popularity is a little more difficult. I feel they may have significantly plateaued.)

(Infodump over.)

Update from Wednesday figures: FOB's Mania is looking likely to track in 20,000, give or take 500 copies over/under. Factoring in typical frame drop off, that's still underperforming for where a headliner should be at.

Not to say this is a surefire metric of course; both of their last albums have gone gold in certifications. Also, with no marketable single in lead-up, underperformance is perhaps to be expected. The Killers dropped from 94k with Battle Born to 52k with Wonderful Wonderful (about a 45% drop I think) and still sold out an arena tour in a day (though granted, bigger overall sales and The Killers are also now pretty much marketable as a heritage act, given they tend to play more of Hot Fuss than any other album per show.)