Lineup 2018

4 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

5a68bca0722a0_ScreenShot2018-01-24at17_03_04.png.56bb2dfbac0e95dfe052fd4b2417f0f6.png

So a TRNSMT announcement occurs at five and you know what you think. And they announce this... does this mean the next one is imminent?

Yeah.  As I said a few days ago if they're announcing AM it would probably be the last announcmcent  - So my guess is they'll announce both the 4th and 5th headliners 5pm Saturday/Monday 

1 minute ago, R Shah said:

Yeah.  As I said a few days ago if they're announcing AM it would probably be the last announcmcent  - So my guess is they'll announce both the 4th and 5th headliners 5pm Saturday/Monday 

i'll be surprised if they do an announcement on Saturday. It does happen, tho I can't remember it happening with any of the biggests fests.

Just now, eFestivals said:

i'll be surprised if they do an announcement on Saturday. It does happen, tho I can't remember it happening with any of the biggests fests.

Yeah Monday is probably most likely. Last BST Hyde Park Announcement is later than usual I reckon we could get that next week. Also I think we could get some latitude stuff before r+l bc the festival is in July and if they're announcing r+l brits week they might not want to wait till March like previous years - unless of course they announce the whole line-up in one go.

26 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Friendly Fires and Everything Everything headlining Lost Village in Lincolnshire on R+L weekend. I dunno what that means for their chances of playing R+L, probably bad.

That’s surprising. Lost Villlage doesn’t usually have acts like FF and EE. Pretty cool seeing how it’s my local festival essentially.  

1 minute ago, w0lfalic321 said:

When do Day Tickets go on sale? Will tickets for all three days be available at once?

Whenever they announce the day splits. Whether that comes with the first announcement or not is a different matter - at this stage I'd say it's very possible that the first announcement will include day splits.

Yeah all three will be available at once.

45 minutes ago, JoeRousey said:

This made me laugh.

74338810-F328-4A9C-9395-0867928FC2AA.png

Oh dear I wonder what went down to get this geezer's account suspended. :lol: The first candidate she mentioned was correct though so it dispelled his argument pretty quickly.

Anyway, it seems that people are afraid that booking with an onus on gender means that bands with women in will be pushed up into slots they don't merit, which isn't what anyone's saying at all. Lower down the bill it will be easy to put balance the gender and that's the only thing they can do at the moment to encourage people to get behind these bands and see them rise up the lineups. I believe they did that to some extent at last year's festival anyway yet people didn't really notice or respond badly.

That's all I really have left to say on it - don't want the argument to carry on over another night.

3 hours ago, R Shah said:

Guess the announcement will be on Monday

It's the same day with Primavera, Flow and some other festival I don't remember announcements, so I guess we should expect AM (and maybe expect R&L announcement on the same day)

13 minutes ago, aaalive said:

Guess the announcement will be on Monday

It's the same day with Primavera, Flow and some other festival I don't remember announcements, so I guess we should expect AM (and maybe expect R&L announcement on the same day)

If Arctic Monkeys are at R+L I think there'll be an announcement on Monday. If there's no R+L announcement that day then I'd be confident Arctic Monkeys won't be there this year, which will probably even be confirmed by them outlining UK plans.

I know it's a Spanish festival, but since Travis Scott is seemingly headlining Benicassim I'd say he'd be a proper sub at R&L if he is playing. I was predicting him to 'sub' the coheadliners essentially making him 3rd, but I'd say that might be a bit of an understatement.

He's hard to place. In my eyes he's the same sorta size as A$AP Rocky was in 2016, and he was 4th main (3rd under subs). Can't see him subbing Kendrick even though it'd make most sense and he'd be an odd sub for Foos.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

If Arctic Monkeys are at R+L I think there'll be an announcement on Monday. If there's no R+L announcement that day then I'd be confident Arctic Monkeys won't be there this year, which will probably even be confirmed by them outlining UK plans.

Totally agree

Also may I ask, does anyone see other reasons to make the anounsment in late January (or even later)?

6 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I know it's a Spanish festival, but since Travis Scott is seemingly headlining Benicassim I'd say he'd be a proper sub at R&L if he is playing. I was predicting him to 'sub' the coheadliners essentially making him 3rd, but I'd say that might be a bit of an understatement.

He's hard to place. In my eyes he's the same sorta size as A$AP Rocky was in 2016, and he was 4th main (3rd under subs). Can't see him subbing Kendrick even though it'd make most sense and he'd be an odd sub for Foos.

I feel like his music would be best listened to in the depths of the NME tent whilst getting high off (second hand) smoke. 

Put him up against the co-headliner acts who would both probably be rock based  ;)

5 minutes ago, aaalive said:

Totally agree

Also may I ask, does anyone see other reasons to make the anounsment in late January (or even later)?

- Lines up with payday's (people were tight cause of christmas so may now have $$$ to spend)

- Also lines up with a lot of touring plans (Paramore will have finished, Kendrick's is start of February etc.)

- Also is a pretty reasonable time before a festival (between like 5 and 7 months before)

8 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I don't think the difference between subbing coheadliners and subbing headliners is as big as you're making it out to be. But yeah he was already announced as headlining Lollapalooza Paris, and he headlined Sziget last year too and I can't see why he'd be any bigger in those countries than here so he'll be around that area surely.

3 minutes ago, aaalive said:

Totally agree

The announcements as they have been the last few years didn't seem that popular compared to the poster with day/stage splits and stuff. I could easily see them holding it all back for Arctic Monkeys' benefit, if not their own redefined announcement template.

2 minutes ago, Cammers said:

I feel like his music would be best listened to in the depths of the NME tent whilst getting high off (second hand) smoke. 

Buy yr own, cheapo. :P