Lineup 2018

1 minute ago, Aech said:

Yeah I couldn't believe it, worst band I've ever seen live. The crowd just stood there and laughed at them, the lead sticking his finger down his throat, writhing it around in his belly button then sucking on his finger again wasn't exactly a highlight.

I think shame are great but never seen them live although I'd love to. 

11 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Reckon we will see any of the bands who have been announced for download at Reading and Leeds this year? I'd like to see Less Than Jake headline the lock up or an early main stage slot. The Hives and Cancer Bats would be good fun too. IMG_4284.thumb.JPG.643d28fc800494e7836fb16d8ea730c2.JPG

Personally I'd love Rise Against and Asking Alexandria but I doubt we'll see them there.

Edit: I'm expecting to see Neck Deep there though.

Edited by Dangerbreaks

20 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Reckon we will see any of the bands who have been announced for download at Reading and Leeds this year? I'd like to see Less Than Jake headline the lock up or an early main stage slot. The Hives and Cancer Bats would be good fun too. IMG_4284.thumb.JPG.643d28fc800494e7836fb16d8ea730c2.JPG

I think the most likely ones to follow will be avalanche sharing with lock up... hard to imagine bands like Woes and Milk Teeth won't try to make an impact off the back of supporting big punk bands... On the same note (sorry to talk about the lock up so much, just seems it's not been mentioned much) Waterparks not being at download would in my opinion heavily suggest a Leeds spot after the tour and new album coming, but I think it's very hard to see who could headline after Neck Deep doing it last year? Any thoughts on a throw back like The Offspring doing it? Or any other predictions? 

14 minutes ago, throstle said:

Lily Allen is moaning about the lack of women at Wireless. No doubt she'll be planning riots if the R&L lineup isn't 100% female.

I’m guessing the lineup will be shit until someone complains about the lack of women, then for whatever reason all the shitty acts composed of males will be there bc quality.

26 minutes ago, throstle said:

Lily Allen is moaning about the lack of women at Wireless. No doubt she'll be planning riots if the R&L lineup isn't 100% female.

The SJW/PC brigade can fuck off if they're trying to ruin music now too. The line ups should be about booking the best bands, not ticking boxes. That said Reading regularly book bands with female members, if they're aren't as many around, it's not their fault. Anyway put Distillers, Arcade Fire, Pixies, etc on the line up, that should silence the moaners. 

26 minutes ago, Fast Drones said:

Lily Allen moaning about something. Shock me

I think she was born angry, possibly why she blocked me on Twitter.

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I’m guessing the lineup will be shit until someone complains about the lack of women, then for whatever reason all the shitty acts composed of males will be there bc quality.

And that folks is how you end up with a festival headlined by The Hunna & Cabbage...

3 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

The SJW/PC brigade can fuck off if they're trying to ruin music now too. The line ups should be about booking the best bands, not ticking boxes. That said Reading regularly book bands with female members, if they're aren't as many around, it's not their fault. Anyway put Distillers, Arcade Fire, Pixies, etc on the line up, that should silence the moaners. 

Couldn't have put it better myself, hate how political correctness is infecting every part of life. Quality should be the reason why acts are booked, not equality.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, throstle said:

3 minutes ago, throstle said:

I think she was born angry, possibly why she blocked me on Twitter.

How do you know what she's tweeting about if she's blocked you?

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

But if they’re not booked on quality anyway then why be up in arms?

Most of the good female acts Reading would never book and a line up with 50 Paramore types would be shit. I'd love Warpaint, Breeders, Bikini Kill on there because they'd be good, not for equality reasons. I don't want to see Reading booking Ellie Goulding, Adele etc just to tick boxes. 

5 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

Most of the good female acts Reading would never book and a line up with 50 Paramore types would be shit. 

So the only acts with females in that Reading would book are Paramore types?

7 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

I don't want to see Reading booking Ellie Goulding, Adele etc just to tick boxes. 

This would obviously never happen and you know it.

4 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

Most of the good female acts Reading would never book and a line up with 50 Paramore types would be shit. I'd love Warpaint, Breeders, Bikini Kill on there because they'd be good, not for equality reasons. I don't want to see Reading booking Ellie Goulding, Adele etc just to tick boxes. 

Shitter than 50 Catfish and the Bottlemen types? Why would it make a difference to you if you see neither?

Besides, the choices aren’t as extreme as either 90’s punk that they won’t book or mainstream pop that they won’t book. There are a fuck-ton of indie bands, rappers, rock groups, w/e that fill the gap between those two poles.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

Nobody's expecting that, but if the lineup drops and they've got FOB or Imagine Dragons headlining rather than Paramore or Florence and the Machine and either of the latter were available then that's embarrassing, and that's the point people are getting at

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Steve1000 said:

So the only acts with females in that Reading would book are Paramore types?

Most of them yes. The days of booking acts like The Breeders or Riot Grrl for example, are long gone. 

5 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

Most of them yes. The days of booking acts like The Breeders or Riot Grrl for example, are long gone. 

I don't know exactly what you mean by a 'Paramore type', but there are plenty acts no different to what Reading are currently booking with females in. They also aren't booking male equivalents to the acts you're mentioning, so what difference does it make? 

Edited by Steve1000

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Shitter than 50 Catfish and the Bottlemen types? Why would it make a difference to you if you see neither?

Besides, the choices aren’t as extreme as either 90’s punk that they won’t book or mainstream pop that they won’t book. There are a fuck-ton of indie bands, rappers, rock groups, w/e that fill the gap between those two poles.

Yes Catfish are shite too. Lad rock or scene bands fill up most of the line up and lad bands don't have females in. If they want more females, then perhaps don't ignore genres where loads of them are. But I think Reading in this climate would rather book Ellie Goulding than The Breeders. 

7 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Nobody's expecting that, but if the lineup drops and they've got FOB or Imagine Dragons headlining rather than Paramore or Florence and the Machine and either of the latter were available then that's embarrassing, and that's the point people are getting at

They should book Arcade Fire then. 

17 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

When have they gone to book Ellie or Adele? 

Tbh after halsey last year Id love to see Banks/Lorde/FKA Twigs etc. Plus more people like Sigrid and Off Bloom is fine by me. Charli XCX/SOPHIE or really any PC artists would also be great.

More electronic wise there are loads: Mollie Collins, Alison Wonderland, Rezz etc. would all be great bookings.

Female hiphop is in a pretty great place nowadays too. Ray BLK, Little Simz, Lady Leshurr would all get good receptions (plus I would love a Missy Elliot appearance tbh)

In terms of bands, Against the current, Anteros, Wolf Alice, Fickle Friends, Black Honey, HAIM, Creeper, Halestorm, The Xx, CHVRCHES, PVRIS, Yonaka, Oh Wonder, Phantogram, Tonight Alive, Pale Waves and Marmozets. Not to mention potential headlines from Florence and Paramore.

Heck, even someome like Declan Mckenna who has a female drummer and guitarist would be a good booking that also encourages diversity.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Chinaski_ said:

They should book Arcade Fire then. 

Well any of them would be fine in my eyes but Arcade Fire are the least suited to the festival and the one I'd expect least this year.

Edit: I don't get your point here, anyway. Is there only one headliner with a female in it that you think should headline? Every time an average headliner gets suggested that has no females in it do you say "No, they should book ______" (whoever your favourite headline-sized band is)? I doubt it.

Edited by Gucci Piggy