Lineup 2018

18 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Weirdly I've just realised I've never come across anybody at uni who likes Catfish. Strange considering how popular they seem to be.

I can completely understand why ppl don't like them and dont like van mccann, but I've got to say that as musicians they are pretty much one of the best guitar bands in the last few years. Their guitarist Johnny bond writes some of the best lead guitar parts I've seen since the 00s. Songs like tyrants are just amazing in the way they're composed compared to every other 2010s indie rock band. Take the hunna for example . Their music is so mediocre and it's the same chord sequencs every time. And they're annoying.

But yeah CATB can be really annoying  along with their fans sometimes.

Edited by R Shah

11 minutes ago, DomenicoZappala said:

Haha the lads in Nothing But Thieves announced the Beni line-up two days early, bet Beni are fuming...

252F5BCB-834F-449D-BC8E-68A8FD54844B.png

Wow the screen is real and this tweet is still undeleted

Guess it makes Travis Scott appearence at R&L more possible

15 minutes ago, DomenicoZappala said:

Haha the lads in Nothing But Thieves announced the Beni line-up two days early, bet Beni are fuming...

Mad how quickly Shame are growing that they're on the lineup next to NBT when their debut albums only just out. Good on them, quality band. Hoping to see them at 2000 trees and Reading.

I know APE festival is very different to R&L but The Hunna are higher on the bill than Blossoms and Blossoms played 3rd down main at R&L last year, have The Hunna really got that much bigger in the space of a year without even releasing a new album??

Edited by BeddingatReading

24 minutes ago, DomenicoZappala said:

Imagine making a poster for the fest and hyping it up with some decent acts ready to release in a couple days, only for it to be leaked by an act on the bottom line.

1 minute ago, BeddingatReading said:

I know APE festival is very different to R&L but The Hunna are higher on the bill than Blossoms and Blossoms played 3rd down main at R&L last year, have they really got that much bigger in the space of a year??

Hunna sold out two Brixton shows and their crowd at community festival , where they were 5th on the bill , was bigger than all the acts except the headliner. Their music is mediocre and all sounds the same but they're extremely popular with teenagers so I reckon 4th main stage on the day of the coheadline 

1 minute ago, R Shah said:

Hunna sold out two Brixton shows and their crowd at community festival , where they were 5th on the bill , was bigger than all the acts except the headliner. Their music is mediocre and all sounds the same but they're extremely popular with teenagers so I reckon 4th main stage on the day of the coheadline 

i reckon even higher than that they could play third down, pretty sure by r&l they will be bigger than blossoms were at r&l last year if they aren't already.

Edited by Jack w

2 minutes ago, R Shah said:

4th on the co-headline? Don't think we'll be that lucky! They'll end up being 3rd on a normal day...

Edit: beaten to it, fuck @Jack w :lol:

Edited by Dangerbreaks
Tooooo slooooow

1 hour ago, DomenicoZappala said:

Does this makes Travis Scott, the vaccines, everything, everything, wolf alice , NBT and Catfish all more likely or less likely. I know Kasabian, Liam Gallagher and Mura Masa did both last year but idk if that points towards anything. I'd say it makes Travis Scott less likely as this and R+L are over a month apart but could be argued the other way with him doing the US in June so July/August are his european appearances. Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Jack w said:

Mad how quickly Shame are growing that they're on the lineup next to NBT when their debut albums only just out. Good on them, quality band. Hoping to see them at 2000 trees and Reading.

Yeah I couldn't believe it, worst band I've ever seen live. The crowd just stood there and laughed at them, the lead sticking his finger down his throat, writhing it around in his belly button then sucking on his finger again wasn't exactly a highlight.