Lineup 2018

8 minutes ago, DomenicoZappala said:

Can’t see Eric Clapton being there cos of Hyde Park but you’ve also got acts like Bob Dylan and the who etc, got the potential to be incredible if it’s got decent funding

If it's at Knebworth then it must have some big money behind it! Three days, I wonder if it could be anything like Desert Trip, which doesn't look to be happening again this year... it's certainly fun to dream :lol::rolleyes:

IMG_2862.JPG

15 minutes ago, danz026 said:

Do you really think THAT much thought goes in to booking bands much lower down the bill like slaves, though? No one is buying festival tickets to see slaves, but they probably attract a decent enough crowd of people that are happy enough to watch them if they’re there anyway. Honestly for how much they probably cost vs how big a crowd will end up watching them I think they’re a smart booking. Bands like the view and Blossoms fall into the same category. 

It's hardly that much thought to not bring back an act until they release new material. It's how it works with most of the lineup unless they've had a big surge in popularity.

4 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

If it's at Knebworth then it must have some big money behind it! Three days, I wonder if it could be anything like Desert Trip, which doesn't look to be happening again this year... it's certainly fun to dream :lol::rolleyes:

IMG_2862.JPG

It will be AEG / Golden Voice behind if it ends up being a big event. http://www.musicweek.com/live/read/aeg-to-launch-new-knebworth-festival/069701

But it may not be the same event. As AEG promoters said they may put it off another year. 

Edited by JBarbour

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Loool think that might be the one I'm thinking of actually. That was insane.

Me and Dental, too, until he blocked us both and then used to bring up the fact he'd blocked us every time we were mentioned. He's actually started replying to me again now I've changed my name. Wondering if my name change automatically unblocked me or if he saw me on his blocked list, had no idea who I was and assumed it was a mistake so unblocked me.

Best part was when Gazza disappeared and then reappeared as thewayiam, with one of his first posts randomly complimenting Gazza for correctly predicting Eminem at R&L (in one of his thousand predictions), and we went through a massive saga where it was proved it was him on a new account and he was having none of it. Eventually Neil said he knew they were posting from the same IP address and he tried to pretend it must be two people posting from the same work computer or something ffs. That was peak eFests. Heady days.

Gazza pretending to be his cousin on another account is up there with Thetime and water bottle gate for me.

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Best part was when Gazza disappeared and then reappeared as thewayiam, with one of his first posts randomly complimenting Gazza for correctly predicting Eminem at R&L (in one of his thousand predictions), and we went through a massive saga where it was proved it was him on a new account and he was having none of it. Eventually Neil said he knew they were posting from the same IP address and he tried to pretend it must be two people posting from the same work computer or something ffs. That was peak eFests. Heady days.

Ah yeah. Gazza left the forum and a couple of hours later a "new" poster with the exact same writing style joined. :lol:

I wonder what's happened with tourette, jump, time, kaos etc. 

34 minutes ago, Aech said:

I reckon this is it, Rolling Stones would obviously be the main headliner but who else would play? I'd imagine they'd have to be old and British.

Do they have to be British? I could imagine them getting the likes of Neil Young too. I imagine it will be similar to Hard Rock Calling. 

39 minutes ago, R Shah said:

If it's knewborth then the artists will have to be huge - and the 'era' I imagine would be like 70s and 80s. I just hope it's not flooded with pop acts and has artists like the stones, fleetwood mac, ELO etc. Pink Floyd reunion ? Stone roses reunion if the 'era' is a bit later? 

'Cool Britannia' was a thing in the 90's, synonymous with Britpop and the Spice Girls and Tony Blair. The era would definitely be referring to that.

Also they've held smaller festivals at Knebworth before. One of the last festivals held there was, apparently, Eastern Electrics - a 12k capacity dance festival.

This is probably gonna be something naff headlined by The Lightning Seeds or Menswe@r or someone rather than a Pink Floyd reunion.

Edited by dentalplan

4 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

Ah yeah. Gazza left the forum and a couple of hours later a "new" poster with the exact same writing style joined. :lol:

I wonder what's happened with tourette, jump, time, kaos etc. 

Kaos still posts in the discussions section and thetime posts in international fests section. Tourette and Jump were defo the same person tbh but one of em posts in the gaming thread.

Weird how everyone's it's all changed since then. Likes of Academic Pistol, and that guy beginning with V, too.

15 minutes ago, DomenicoZappala said:

According to Radio X it is AEG that are running the event...

34D99F78-98F2-417B-BE33-34CAE2AE79FD.thumb.png.d7957f07719be29d3d1ff7f1a640dda1.png

Looks to be something else looking into it further. Who domain registered to and the business. 

After these details were release by music week and then every other publication. I'm sure the AEG promoters behind it, who are also doing All Points East as well said they were putting it off this year. 

Edited by JBarbour

7 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Kaos still posts in the discussions section and thetime posts in international fests section. Tourette and Jump were defo the same person tbh but one of em posts in the gaming thread.

Weird how everyone's it's all changed since then. Likes of Academic Pistol, and that guy beginning with V, too.

I vaguely remember Vieurophoria (or however it was spelt) got banned by Neil for admitting to using adblock or something.

Just now, R Shah said:

Okay wtf how did that guy predict that, as we all said catfish 100% didn't look like they fit the vibe of this festival at all

He won't have predicted it, must have legit known. I'd have wanted to bet more than £20 if I was him.