Lineup 2018

1 minute ago, Steve1000 said:

Yeah it was September though, so haven't bought it to R&L. 

I mean, they must have played mostly new stuff when they played 1 month before the album came out surely? (Also I could have sworn your post said you thought one had come out this year before your edit :P)

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I mean, they must have played mostly new stuff when they played 1 month before the album came out surely? (Also I could have sworn your post said you thought one had come out this year before your edit :P)

Only 2 songs, and yeah you got me tbf I thought the fucker was April

Edited by Steve1000

4 minutes ago, pepesilvia said:

just listened to that new fall out boy album. don’t understand why even festival republic would want to go near them now (if rumours are true). it’s pitiful at best

It's amazing how it somehow feels more dated than AB/AP and that was already not great imo

Very off topic, but I work for an events company called Festaff and we’ve just been told from our head boss we’ve got the contract for a new festival called “Cool Britannia” in Knebworth Park the weekend after r&l.

Does anyone have any knowledge on this one at all? First year of it but seems to be in decent sized grounds, line up expected end of jan like every other festival.

C836BA89-C15A-45BD-940A-A979ED50CE3E.png

Just now, DomenicoZappala said:

Very off topic, but I work for an events company called Festaff and we’ve just been told from our head boss we’ve got the contract for a new festival called “Cool Britannia” in Knebworth Park the weekend after r&l.

Does anyone have any knowledge on this one at all? First year of it but seems to be in decent sized grounds, line up expected end of jan like every other festival.

Wasn't there rumoured to be a festival at Knebworth with The Rolling Stones playing this year?

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Wasn't there rumoured to be a festival at Knebworth with The Rolling Stones playing this year?

Yeah they said they were annoyed at how stadiums were being taken up by sports events so often and this would be ideal - they hinted they were trying to book UK shows I think. Fleetwood Mac maybe also said there'd be a summer tour - If they're not announced for BST. I think ELO are around then too - I know they're touring the UK in October.

Edited by R Shah

36 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

They only played two new songs, rich man and spit it out (think that was rich mans debut aswell iirc) so haven't really played on that album.

edit: should have carried on reading

Edited by Aech

11 minutes ago, DomenicoZappala said:

You got any inside info on the line up? ;)

13 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I reckon this is it, Rolling Stones would obviously be the main headliner but who else would play? I'd imagine they'd have to be old and British.

1 minute ago, DomenicoZappala said:

Not as of yet unfortunately! Trying to find out haha

If it's knewborth then the artists will have to be huge - and the 'era' I imagine would be like 70s and 80s. I just hope it's not flooded with pop acts and has artists like the stones, fleetwood mac, ELO etc. Pink Floyd reunion ? Stone roses reunion if the 'era' is a bit later? 

3 minutes ago, Aech said:

I reckon this is it, Rolling Stones would obviously be the main headliner but who else would play? I'd imagine they'd have to be old and British.

Queen and Adam Lambert, fleetwood mac, ELO, paul mccartney, Eric clapton and there are loads of reunion opportunities :

Blur, stone roses, with extremely long shots at zeppelin pink Floyd and oasis 

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

What would be the point in booking them on their third Summer touring the album when they already had them in a decent slot on the first Summer? Just wait til next year when they will probably have a new album. They're from the UK so them being around in August doesn't really mean much.

Do you really think THAT much thought goes in to booking bands much lower down the bill like slaves, though? No one is buying festival tickets to see slaves, but they probably attract a decent enough crowd of people that are happy enough to watch them if they’re there anyway. Honestly for how much they probably cost vs how big a crowd will end up watching them I think they’re a smart booking. Bands like the view and Blossoms fall into the same category. 

3 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Queen and Adam Lambert, fleetwood mac, ELO, paul mccartney, Eric clapton and there are loads of reunion opportunities :

Blur, stone roses, with extremely long shots at zeppelin pink Floyd and oasis 

Can’t see Eric Clapton being there cos of Hyde Park but you’ve also got acts like Bob Dylan and the who etc, got the potential to be incredible if it’s got decent funding

4 minutes ago, DomenicoZappala said:

Can’t see Eric Clapton being there cos of Hyde Park but you’ve also got acts like Bob Dylan and the who etc, got the potential to be incredible if it’s got decent funding

Yeah there's so many I can't remember off the top of my head - The who, sting, rod Stewart 

Only reason I said Clapton is cos he's sold out Hyde park and it wasn't advertised as a European/uk exclusive like the cure was. David Gilmour maybe also ? 

Edited by R Shah