Lineup 2018

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeh Deer Shed is a nice tiddly little family festival in the North Yorkshire countryside. Headlined by Teenage Fanclub and John Grant and the like. No place for Catfish and the Bottlemen blasting their porridge gun around the place.

Big Man With A Gun was actually written as an ahead of its time parody of Van McCann.

3 minutes ago, Alfrancis1989 said:

Think we'll see any of these at R+L??

IMG_6653.PNG

We'll probably see a lot of the british rappers, besides Giggs. We'll end up with one of the American artists I think. Either Goldlink, Big Sean, Playboi Carti or Ski Mask The Slump God imo.

Edited by TheWaters
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

What was the thing that got downvoted to like -100 in the Glasto section? I'm sure @dentalplan will somehow remember.

Oh ye! I remember that. Wasn't someone being blatantly racist /misogynistic or derrogatory in other manner towards someone? 

I remember downvoting it, and I hardly ever downvote!

Edited by Hawky

Ahh remember when the festival first announcement would be the yellow poster split in March each year on a Monday night at 7pm and the tickets would go on sale at the same time as the announcement and the festival would sell out on the night so you had to wait to see the full announcement after you had secured tickets?

What a difference a decade makes!

R&L only started announcing early because V and TITP started to announce earlier each year.  Just maybe because these two rivals are now gone, they feel as though they can get more bands together and announce in mass again as this sells more tickets?

4 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Oh ye! I remember that. Wasn't someone being blatantly racist /misogynistic or derrogatory in other manner towards someone? 

I remember downvoting it, and I hardly ever downvote!

Even worse. Someone pretended the line up had been released!

I think that's what happened anyway. I misread Gucci Pig's post at first and thought he was on about himself getting 100 downvotes so naturally assumed it was something blatantly racist/misogynistic or derogatory.

I think I only ever downvote if something is getting loads of downvotes and it'd be a laugh to throw another one on. It's generally a weird thing to do otherwise imo.

• Downvote 8

9 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

What was the thing that got downvoted to like -100 in the Glasto section? I'm sure @dentalplan will somehow remember.

Did someone not get shitloads of downvotes for one of those threads where the title makes it sound like the lineup is out then you click on it and it's just a joke?

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Even worse. Someone pretended the line up had been released!

I think that's what happened anyway. I misread Gucci Pig's post at first and thought he was on about himself getting 100 downvotes so naturally assumed it was something blatantly racist/misogynistic or derogatory.

I think I only ever downvote if something is getting loads of downvotes and it'd be a laugh to throw another one on. It's generally a weird thing to do otherwise imo.

Same here 

11 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

When I first joined the forum someone in here was taking the piss and shocked that I didn't like King Giz (think it was @dentalplan).  Just thought I'd inform I'm now a big fan after taking the time to listen to full albums.

That is all.

When I first joined I didn’t even understand how a forum worked and thought it would be a good idea to post my ideal lineup with no relevance or comment then when nobody replied I posted the same post again because I thought nobody saw it. I was then surprised when it got downvoted after.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jack w said:

When I first joined I didn’t even understand how a forum worked and thought it would be a good idea to post my ideal lineup with no relevance or comment then when nobody replied I posted the same post again because I thought nobody saw it. I was then surprised when it got downvoted after.

Think I remember that, was it oddly styled with cut outs of logos on a red background?

12 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Mattymooz got pretty slaughtered with downvotes the other day :P . Think that was the most I've ever seen, although I've been around here for less than a year.

Pretty sure Gazza/thewayiam gets downvoted whenever he posts. 

2 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I've always wondered why he's got so many downvotes. Any particular reason?

Iirc he always used to put rubbish line up predictions and people just used to down vote him all the time. Not seen him around this board for ages though lol.