Lineup 2018

9 minutes ago, danz026 said:

Calvin Harris headlined TITP in 2014 and 2016

I can see how much you want arctic monkeys , but in the next 2 years it is very likely theyre going to play at least one of reading or glasto and have a stadium/arena tour so don't worry you'll have plenty of chances to see them - but it wont be every 2 years at reading .

People waited 5 years for the killers to come back and they went on the longest arena tour I've ever seen, And they played Hyde park, Brixton academy, Glasto secret set, and next year they're playing stadium shows and TRNSMT and IOW festivals. Who's to say that you won't get as many chances to see AM in the next 2 or 3 years? They will only play reading once on this cycle that's the fact of the matter.

Edited by R Shah

7 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Since when has there been a rule that "big" headliners can't return with a small gap? The only ones that happened recently are Eminem, Blink and Biffy. Not nearly enough precedent to start creating rules.

I've no idea where the "big" headliner thing came into it, as far as I can tell Mattymooz started that. Arctic Monkeys returning after 4 years would be fine, the problem is if they don't have a new album out by August they've released nothing since they last played.

17 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I've no idea where the "big" headliner thing came into it, as far as I can tell Mattymooz started that. Arctic Monkeys returning after 4 years would be fine, the problem is if they don't have a new album out by August they've released nothing since they last played.

Yeah of course 4 years is completely fine, but some guy was trying to convince me that they could do it again in 2 years purely on the basis that Calvin Harris headlined t in the park in 2014 and 2016.

Edited by R Shah

I reckon Foo's are more likely just off the BBC coverage of them at Glasto shifting tickets.

Arctic Monkey's finishing off a tour in 2020 at R&L, again after headlining Glastonbury & an album that's out for a while. It probably wouldn't make any difference but when they played Reading before their album was realised the crowd moaned & it was boring, I can't remember the year but The Prodigy subbed.

10 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Think it was more likely because it barely sold any tickets..was there in 2016 and everywhere but the slam tent was ridiculously empty.

Were you the guy in the Muse t-shirt? 

3 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Yeah of course 4 years is completely fine, but some guy was trying to convince me that they could do it again in 2 years purely on the basis that Calvin Harris headlined t in the park in 2014 and 2016.

Yeah he was also talking bollocks. 

1 hour ago, bigfish said:

Also I haven't heard much talk about the prodigy, despite them being past headliners of R+L and they look like they have a new album out this year (they've played new songs at gigs recently). Obviously they have reduced in popularity, but does anyone else reckon they'll have a slot? Maybe subbing main or headlining the 'second main stage' if that rumour is true?

+ also Vampire Weekend rumoured to have an album out this year, seems like they are a decent shout.

The Prodigy seem like they would kinda be a perfect fit, but they havent played since 2010(?) when they subbed. If I had to guess, FR wants them to sub, but they don't wanna take anything less than headliner atm (as they definitely have been around at the right time with new material over the past 8 years).

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

The Prodigy seem like they would kinda be a perfect fit, but they havent played since 2010(?) when they subbed. If I had to guess, FR wants them to sub, but they don't wanna take anything less than headliner atm (as they definitely have been around at the right time with new material over the past 8 years).

The prodigy and stereophonics co headline that would appease them both ;)

16 minutes ago, Gizzhead said:

Really?!? The prodigy are still one of the best live acts around in terms of creating energy from the crowd.

Not denying that. But they've recently had Disclosure as a co-headliner & a lot of more relevant acts about I reckon.

Our camp couldn't wait for them the last time they played, IMD was more into our D&B scene, but that's quite a few years ago now. (It was fucking brilliant)

Take Me To The Hospital, Omen & chilling out to Stand Up made for memorable, a very memorable evening before sacking off Arctics for watching a strip show

Edited by Bisque

4 minutes ago, Properbigfan said:

I think the prodigy subbing Kendrick would be a phenomenal booking which would definitely appeal to a young audience (including myself)

Aye I was predicting that not too long ago and agree it'd work really well. But as has been mentioned by others, it seems to be more than just coincidence that The Prodigy haven't been booked since 2009. Still, there's hope!

Speaking of these "rules", at least two things I thought were rules were broken in the last two years: Biffy returning after less than 4 years and 2017 being all repeat headliners (interestingly, both of these "rules" were also broken in 2005). With that in mind, do you think they'll ever do a Download 2016 and repeat two headliners from the same year? I'd say if they're going to be having double stages and 6 headliners, it would be difficult not to.

Hi, I’m new to this but been reading everything and keeping up with the thread. Found this on twitter, assuming it’s fan made after all these two stage rumours but it does help give some solidity to the rumour and makes me kinda believe it all that bit more. The proposed headliners are also a good guess at what’s been suggested on here.

B3F9C20B-68D0-413F-852C-E1E2F497E4B9.jpeg

3 hours ago, DomenicoZappala said:

Hi, I’m new to this but been reading everything and keeping up with the thread. Found this on twitter, assuming it’s fan made after all these two stage rumours but it does help give some solidity to the rumour and makes me kinda believe it all that bit more. The proposed headliners are also a good guess at what’s been suggested on here.

That would be a seriously good lineup IMO, even without AM

2 hours ago, DomenicoZappala said:

Welcome to the forum my friend, it was Dental who made it from this forum, hence the similarities. 

Were just speculating till something is announced but hope you enjoy the pain as much as us, welcome.

5 hours ago, Plussix said:

Speaking of these "rules", at least two things I thought were rules were broken in the last two years: Biffy returning after less than 4 years and 2017 being all repeat headliners (interestingly, both of these "rules" were also broken in 2005). With that in mind, do you think they'll ever do a Download 2016 and repeat two headliners from the same year? I'd say if they're going to be having double stages and 6 headliners, it would be difficult not to.

Not forgetting that the 'rule' used to be five years until Blink 182 came back after four