Lineup 2018

4 minutes ago, danz026 said:

Would it be feasible to attend Reading by commuting from London each day? My mates don't seem to fancy camping

yeah, train station is relatively close to the site (like a 20 minute walk ish).  Not sure what the last train time is as that's obviously a factor

6 minutes ago, danz026 said:

Would it be feasible to attend Reading by commuting from London each day? My mates don't seem to fancy camping

One of my friend tried this but it was really uncomfortable.

I once was attending Leeds and slept every night in the hotel, it also sucked

Hey i've been watching this forum for a long time and wondered what people would think about Weezer turning up? They are touring with Pixies who are a 'strong rumour' according to the site and they are being supported by the Wombats who I can definitely see turning up (maybe i'm biased because i'm a fan of them but they have got the new album) so maybe all 3 of them would turnup - perhaps on the same night even? thoughts?

Considering Foos headlined Glasto in 2017, and AM seem to have a good chance of headlining Glasto in 2019, wouldnt it be more likely for Reading to book AM for 2018, and save Foo Fighters for 2019 as otherwise they wouldn't be able to book AM till 2020? If that sentence makes any sense?

+ new to the forum so hello x

4 minutes ago, bigfish said:

Considering Foos headlined Glasto in 2017, and AM seem to have a good chance of headlining Glasto in 2019, wouldnt it be more likely for Reading to book AM for 2018, and save Foo Fighters for 2019 as otherwise they wouldn't be able to book AM till 2020? If that sentence makes any sense?

Yeah but Foos might not still be touring next Summer.

Just now, gfa said:

Hey i've been watching this forum for a long time and wondered what people would think about Weezer turning up? They are touring with Pixies who are a 'strong rumour' according to the site and they are being supported by the Wombats who I can definitely see turning up (maybe i'm biased because i'm a fan of them but they have got the new album) so maybe all 3 of them would turnup - perhaps on the same night even? thoughts?

Welcome. Probably only gonna be the Wombats, sadly. The Pixies are very tenuous for a strong rumour and it's seemingly just based on a few Facebook posts they made about old festivals - I'd actually expect Weezer to be more likely seeing as Pixies have toured really solidly over the last couple of years.

1 minute ago, bigfish said:

Hi. Some people have suggested as much so it does make sense, but there's nothing to indicate that Arctic Monkeys are likely to be at Glastonbury next year except predictions and Foos have a really well formed gap in their tour for R+L, are only playing a relative few stadium dates and aren't likely to be touring next summer. Plus Arctic Monkeys aren't certain to have an album out as far as we know and R+L would run the risk of having them headline twice on the same album.

3 minutes ago, bigfish said:

Welcome to the forum! Foos almost definitely won't be touring in 2019 as with the last few album they've tended to go on massive 1.5-2 year long tours then take a year out then come back to start work on a new album. AM only played 4 years ago whereas foos played 6 years ago and they don't necessarily have to rush AM back in as they're only making their comeback this summer. Reckon they'd use this opportunity to book foos as the standout headliner while they're free and touring, and wait till 2019 or even 2020 for AM depending on which year they play Glasto . 

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Welcome. Probably only gonna be the Wombats, sadly. The Pixies are very tenuous for a strong rumour and it's seemingly just based on a few Facebook posts they made about old festivals - I'd actually expect Weezer to be more likely seeing as Pixies have toured really solidly over the last couple of years.

interesting, thanks for the insight yeah - its only really wombats i'm interested honestly of the three not really heard much Weezer or Pixies though to be fair. Was just seeing what others thought of the idea.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Hi. Some people have suggested as much so it does make sense, but there's nothing to indicate that Arctic Monkeys are likely to be at Glastonbury next year except predictions and Foos have a really well formed gap in their tour for R+L, are only playing a relative few stadium dates and aren't likely to be touring next summer. Plus Arctic Monkeys aren't certain to have an album out as far as we know and R+L would run the risk of having them headline twice on the same album.

What would be wrong with that? They'll still shift tickets

Also I haven't heard much talk about the prodigy, despite them being past headliners of R+L and they look like they have a new album out this year (they've played new songs at gigs recently). Obviously they have reduced in popularity, but does anyone else reckon they'll have a slot? Maybe subbing main or headlining the 'second main stage' if that rumour is true?

+ also Vampire Weekend rumoured to have an album out this year, seems like they are a decent shout.

Edited by bigfish

4 minutes ago, danz026 said:

What would be wrong with that? They'll still shift tickets

I think rushing them in just a few months into their comeback where there might not even be any new music by then is a bit pointless, the demand for foos will shift tickets hugely and they might as well just keep back AM a year or two because as soon as they headline , that means they won't again for another 4 years minimum probably and then everyome will be like oh its over already. They shouldn't rush them in, let them to TRNSMT this year and then R+L 2019 and probably Glasto 2020 with some stadium/arena dates in between to spread it out a bit more

Edited by R Shah

2 minutes ago, R Shah said:

I think rushing them in just a few months into their comeback where there might not even be any new music by then is a bit pointless, the demand for foos will shift tickets hugely and they might as well just keep back AM a year or two because as soon as they headline , that means they won't again for another 4 years minimum probably. They shouldn't rush them in, let them to TRNSMT this year and then R+L 2019 and probably Glasto 2020 with some stadium/arena dates in between to spread it out a bit more

There's no rule saying that

3 minutes ago, danz026 said:

There's no rule saying that

For a huge act like AM they would never bring them back so soon . The shortest I can remember is biffy clyro once  headlined 2013 then co headline 2016. There's a reason why foos haven't played in 6 years, RHCP had a 9 year gap, Metallica had 8 years, Muse had 6 years, etc.

If they kept booking the same headliner over and over again within such short time spaces it would become predictable and other bands on their level would wait even longer to be booked.  

Edited by R Shah

1 minute ago, R Shah said:

For a huge act like AM they would never bring them back so soon . The shortest I can remember is biffy clyro once  headlined 2013 then co headline 2016. There's a reason why foos haven't played in 6 years, RHCP had a 9 year gap, Metallica had 8 years, Muse had 6 years, etc. 

And even then with Biffy they had new material since their last headline.

1 minute ago, R Shah said:

Eminem is another massive act, might not be rock but still a huge name, and he returned from 2013 to 2017, only 4 years?

Eminem is another massive act, might not be rock but still a huge name, and he returned from 2013 to 2017, only 4 years?

Yeah after biffy that's the shortest gap I can remember . Most artists on their level are 6+ years . Metallica , RHCP muse, etc 

I think in 2017 there weren't too many acts around - green day and the killers had Hyde park and radiohead had Glasto and TRNSMT and foos had Glasto so they needed someone to fill the big headliner slot.

Edited by R Shah

Yeah there isn't a set in stone amount of time for a 'big' headliner to return, but they almost always will have new material if they do. If AM don't have an album out before R&L this year then they'll have nothing new, bar maybe a single, since their last headline.

I think what @R Shah was saying is that there's not rush to get AM this summer - they will definitely still be around in 2019 and very possibly in 2020. Once they book them it'll probably be at least 4 years till they return again, so if they can drag out the AM hype for as long as they can there's no need to book them this year.

37 minutes ago, danz026 said:

Camping works out miles cheaper than the train tickets and you'll probably miss the last train back anyway .  I went for the day in 2016 RHCP finished their set at 11 which was early - reading normally have a curfew of 12 which bands like foos will play right up to 12 - and the last train was 11.30 and it took like an hour to get out so we had to get a cab.

If you're  coming from London I would recommend get a day ticket for your favourite day or try and convince your mates to camp !

Edited by R Shah