Lineup 2018

Hi everyone, finally decided to make an account after reading these forums for years but never posting anything. If the two stages rumour is correct and so is Arctic Monkeys could they both be connected? Maybe they had the headliners already booked but then AM returning and Festival Republic knowing that Glastonbury would get them next year they decided on a second main stage. Therefore keeping the current headliners happy but also getting AM. I'm probably overthinking it but just an idea.

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

@Alfie Clayton go TRNSMT if AM they are there? Only problem is fangirls knowing DIWN? and R U Mine and no knowledge of a Humbug and a Suck it and See. Tunes like Piledriver and Pretty Visitors over there heads...

AM is a good album tho so let’s not gatekeep.

Do wonder if they never went down the route they did with R U Mine and then the album the following year, would they be like Kasabian now where their fans even struggle to get excited about them playing a festival? Maybe even not a headliner anymore?

1 minute ago, moams said:

Hi everyone, finally decided to make an account after reading these forums for years but never posting anything. If the two stages rumour is correct and so is Arctic Monkeys could they both be connected? Maybe they had the headliners already booked but then AM returning and Festival Republic knowing that Glastonbury would get them next year they decided on a second main stage. Therefore keeping the current headliners happy but also getting AM. I'm probably overthinking it but just an idea.

Maybe. Would be sly as hell. “We’ve signed up three headliners and need to fit another one in but we can’t make any coheadliners. I know...”

5 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

@Alfie Clayton go TRNSMT if AM they are there? Only problem is fangirls knowing DIWN? and R U Mine and no knowledge of a Humbug and a Suck it and See. Tunes like Piledriver and Pretty Visitors over there heads...

Not very good fangirls if they don't know nearly half of their material 

Edited by justanothername

11 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I want AM to headline just to make Alfie Clayton happy.

AWWWWW hahah!!! but tbh!! if AM do play I would probably cry!!!! but the Foos are just as amazing!!!!! im just happy to be going to reading and to be happy and well!! :* xxxx

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Do wonder if they never went down the route they did with R U Mine and then the album the following year, would they be like Kasabian now where their fans even struggle to get excited about them playing a festival? Maybe even not a headliner anymore?

Dunno if I'd go that far - Kasabian are still headlining festivals and have never been as big as Arctics.

If they had gone a different route to AM then yeah they'd not be as big, but their songwriting has always been more classy than bands like Kasabian anyway so it's difficult to say, they might have done it completely differently but still got really good reception from it.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Maybe. Would be sly as hell. “We’ve signed up three headliners and need to fit another one in but we can’t make any coheadliners. I know...”

I know it would by sly just was wondering. Make the two coheadliners headline the second stage outright and make space for Arctics. 

Just now, JSmurphy said:

Check out the set on YouTube, you can see those flags when the camera pans across the crowd.

Yeah you're probably right actually. I've realised my guess has gone out the window as flags weren't allowed last year and I thought it was Serge from last year.

21 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I can't tell who it is at all, it's too blurry when you zoom. Defo isn't Grohl, though.

It is grohl and if you zoom in on the left I can just about make out shifflett and his telecaster . I think this was the first year that the stage was converted. Also I recognise some of the flags from the millions of times I've watched the set on youtube.