Lineup 2018

14 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Bigger gap as in their tour is finishing end of Jan and Arctics are likely to be playing TRNSMT 2 months before.

And Arctics I assume will be doing more than just TRNSMT in the UK while they are here, not to mention the other fests they are supposed to be doing on the continent (NOS, Mad Cool etc.) wheras Paramore aren't rumoured for anything and there aint many places they could go (tho I still think they could well be doing the Sziget > Pukkelpop > R&L run

There's also the fact that R&L will want to book AM 10x more than Paramore, so if theyre both available (neither have anything making them unavailable thus far) they'd most certainly go for Arctic Monkeys first.

Only thing is if they have Foos and don't wanna use up both in one year or pay that much money for two headliners.

10 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

It's nothing like Jake Bugg and The National ffs. I'd imagine most BMTH fans nowadays are into pop-rock like Imagine Dragons.

I'm not making a direct comparison between the two but I don't buy that. I reckon if you went to a BMTH show and asked everyone what their favourite band is it the winner be Green Day or Paramore or something. Where as most ID fans want Mumfords and Kaiser Chiefs.

Edited by Steve1000

1 minute ago, danz026 said:

I don't think both Foos and Arctics is out of the question. R&L is the biggest festival in the UK with no Glastonbury so I could see them going all out, especially if the two stage thing is true.

If the 2 stage thing is true then 5 of the headliners will likely be Royal Blood, Imagine Dragons, Kendrick, BMTH and FoB. The last one will probably be either Foos or Arctics.

2 minutes ago, danz026 said:

I don't think both Foos and Arctics is out of the question. R&L is the biggest festival in the UK with no Glastonbury so I could see them going all out, especially if the two stage thing is true.

You expect them to go all out and get double the headliners, including 2 of the most expensive headliners, on a festival that sells out anyways (at Reading at least) on a year that they are already gonna get more ticket sales due to no glasto?????

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

If the 2 stage thing is true then 5 of the headliners will likely be Royal Blood, Imagine Dragons, Kendrick, BMTH and FoB. The last one will probably be either Foos or Arctics.

Either BMTH or FoB could easily be pied off.

2 minutes ago, danz026 said:

Yeah I don't think it's likely but if one or two people popped up suggesting both were headlining then everyone would be like "oh okay, dope" rather than dismissing it as ridiculous.

17 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

It's nothing like Jake Bugg and The National ffs. I'd imagine most BMTH fans nowadays are into pop-rock like Imagine Dragons.

I just googled 'Bring Me the Horizon Imagine Dragons' and found a Now That's What I Call Rock CD with those two, Fall Out Boy and Royal Blood on it. Reading and Leeds Festival 2018 Line Up Leaked?

10 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

I'm a BMTH fan and don't like ID lol

Yes I don't expect every single BMTH fan to like ID.

5 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

I'm not making a direct comparison between the two but I don't buy that. I reckon if you went to a BMTH show and asked everyone what their favourite band is it the winner be Green Day or Paramore or something. Where as most ID fans want Mumfords and Kaiser Chiefs.

I'm not saying they're the two closest bands on the planet and everyone whose favourite band is BMTH will have ID as their 2nd favourite band, and vice versa. But they're both (in style) pretty straight up arena rock bands nowadays. BMTH will still have older fans who won't be into ID, yes, but fans they've gained from their last couple of albums will likely be into bands like ID. 

The National and Jake Bugg are a million miles apart. I can't imagine many National fans would go near Jake Bugg. One appeals to lad rock fans who love Oasis, Courteeners and Kasabian, and the other are a Primavera/Pitchfork-y band with (no offence as they're one of my favourite bands) fans who'd turn their nose up at anything of the sort.

1 minute ago, danz026 said:

They'll be there, but they needn't be headliners. 

You're suggesting they'll have 6 headliners including Imagine Dragons, Kendrick, Foos, AM and Royal Blood with FoB and BMTH playing elsewhere lower down? Come on now.