Lineup 2018

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

@SomeoneListeningIn out of curiosity do you think TRNSMT announcement is next week?

I've not been keeping up to date with TRNSMT stuff, but pretty sure AM are meant to be announcing a few festivals on Monday no? And they're SR for TRNSMT I think. Someone else will know those deets better than me though.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I've not been keeping up to date with TRNSMT stuff, but pretty sure AM are meant to be announcing a few festivals on Monday no? And they're SR for TRNSMT I think. Someone else will know those deets better than me though.

I would go if they are but I am going QOTSA Finsbury on the 30th June and AM would be 1st July. So it would be Manchester to London then to Glasgow then to Manchester, I will be stuffed however will be worth it. Then Foo Fighters at Leeds with the others, LG at LCCC and Killers at the Macron, decent summer. 

Hope we have information next week. Hopefully we have TRNSMT announcement, AM announcements and maybe a Leeds one but doubtful with the Download one on Tuesday.

10 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I would go if they are but I am going QOTSA Finsbury on the 30th June and AM would be 1st July. So it would be Manchester to London then to Glasgow then to Manchester, I will be stuffed however will be worth it. Then Foo Fighters at Leeds with the others, LG at LCCC and Killers at the Macron, decent summer. 

If you wanted to do manchester to london again , AM could still play BST Hyde Park on sunday 15th july as the last headliner for that was announced on the Monday of next week in 2017, and that probably will be the case next week. They usually save the biggest headliner for last and I think if AM are announcing other stuff next week they have a good chance of playing Hyde park as it fits in with their schedule with all the other festivals that they'd be announcing too . Nos Alive 12th, mad cool 13th, Hyde park 15th. 

(I'm just really hopeful this is true although it's probably gonna be fleetwood Mac or someone like that tbh)

Edited by R Shah

2 minutes ago, R Shah said:

AM could still play BST Hyde Park on sunday 15th july as the last headliner for that was announced on the Monday of next week in 2017, and that probably will be the case next week. They usually save the biggest headliner for last and I think if AM are announcing other stuff next week they have a good chance of playing Hyde park as it fits in with their schedule with all the other festivals that they'd be announcing too . Nos Alive 12th, mad cool 13th, Hyde park 15th. 

I think TRNSMT and stadium dates are pretty much a given I personally strongly doubt BST is a date they will play.

1 minute ago, R Shah said:

AM could still play BST Hyde Park on sunday 15th july as the last headliner for that was announced on the Monday of next week in 2017, and that probably will be the case next week. They usually save the biggest headliner for last and I think if AM are announcing other stuff next week they have a good chance of playing Hyde park as it fits in with their schedule with all the other festivals that they'd be announcing too . Nos Alive 12th, mad cool 13th, Hyde park 15th. 

Again no point in them playing BST at this point, would be better off just doing a one off stadium show.

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I think TRNSMT and stadium dates are pretty much a given I personally strongly doubt BST is a date they will play.

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Again no point in them playing BST at this point, would be better off just doing a one off stadium show.

You're both probably right, London stadium needs to convert to athletics venue by mid July for the anniversary games so maybe Wembley could happen. Or maybe just their own headline show in Hyde park. 

Edited by R Shah

29 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I don't see what makes them more likely other than that if they were playing that would be a better range of genres. Thats like saying they should chuck Carly Rae Jepsen in because that too would be a better range of genres (exaggeration I know but you get my point).

I aint sure saying a better range of genres is much more valid than the rabid fans on twitter saying that they think they're gonna be there. I think the rumours are just rumours tbh. It's always hard to tell whats true from "leaks" like that (tho I'm quite cynical when it comes to leaks. It either has to come from someone who seems to have a reliable source, like the Wolf Alice guy, or if Neil adds it to the rumours page I'll give it the benefit of the doubt too.)

Not really seeing as a spread of genres (within the bounds of what R&L usually books) is an obvious thing for them to try for, to sell tickets to a wider range of people. 5 of the 6 headliners being Foos, BMTH, FoB, Roya Blood and Imagine Dragons would be absolutely awful in that sense. If someone had come out and predicted a trio of Green Day, MCR and BMTH for 2019 I'd say the same, it's appealing to a small range of people.

28 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

What I'm getting at is I think they're pretty much ruled out, even if the 2 stage info is true :P

Pretty much ruled out is ridiculous. The only thing we have suggesting that is Neil's info.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Pretty much ruled out is ridiculous. The only thing we have suggesting that is Neil's info.

Which makes them a lot less likely than BMTH, FOB, ID, Foos, Paramore, Kendrick etc. who are all apparently about around the time of R&L. I guess they could do a Muse and turn up anyway, but I doubt it

6 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Not really seeing as a spread of genres (within the bounds of what R&L usually books) is an obvious thing for them to try for, to sell tickets to a wider range of people. 5 of the 6 headliners being Foos, BMTH, FoB, Roya Blood and Imagine Dragons would be absolutely awful in that sense. If someone had come out and predicted a trio of Green Day, MCR and BMTH for 2019 I'd say the same, it's appealing to a small range of people.

Tbf though, BMTH and Imagine Dragons are pretty much opposite ends of the spectrum, and I'd say Royal Blood appeal to Arctic Monkeys and Kasabian fans more than anyone else. Especially with Kendrick, I don't think it's that bad.

5 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Which makes them a lot less likely than BMTH, FOB, ID, Foos, Paramore, Kendrick etc. who are all apparently about around the time of R&L. I guess they could do a Muse and turn up anyway, but I doubt it

If they still live in Sheffield and aren't touring another continent then they're good to go.

2 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Tbf though, BMTH and Imagine Dragons are pretty much opposite ends of the spectrum, and I'd say Royal Blood appeal to Arctic Monkeys and Kasabian fans more than anyone else. Especially with Kendrick, I don't think it's that bad.

It's a justifiable point, but I'd argue they have more of a crossover with Foos fans tbf. They've supported Foos before and definitely appeal more to a hard rock crowd than an indie crowd.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

6 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

It's a justifiable point, but I'd argue they have more of a crossover with Foos fans tbf. They've supported Foos before and are definitely appeal more to a hard rock crown than an indie crown.

Maybe, but Foos have such far reaching appeal that it doesn't matter really.

Edited by Steve1000

9 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Two pop rock bands at the opposite end of the spectrum? What?

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They're more 'about' than Paramore. :P

I'd argue they're less likely to play. Paramore don't really have any other fests in the UK they can reasonably do, and Arctics are already supposed to be doing a couple. Paramore also have been pushed real hard by FR, and they have a much bigger gap between their tour and R&L than Arctics. Paramore also could easily go on another hiatus and not come back for a couple of years, whereas we have guaranteed got at least another year of Arctics.

1 minute ago, PastRecedes said:

I'm sorry, but you can't call BMTH and Imagine Dragons similar. Imagine Dragons is the most inoffensive pop-rock possible. BMTH, even in their last album, is slightly screamo heavy rock....

Just now, Mattymooz said:

I'd argue they're less likely to play. Paramore don't really have any other fests in the UK they can reasonably do, and Arctics are already supposed to be doing a couple. Paramore also have been pushed real hard by FR, and they have a much bigger gap between their tour and R&L than Arctics. Paramore also could easily go on another hiatus and not come back for a couple of years, whereas we have guaranteed got at least another year of Arctics.

Which couple of fests are Arctics meant to be at? TRNSMT and? Also Paramore last played R&L in 2014, same year as Arctics, so they've not had a bigger gap.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

I'm sorry, but you can't call BMTH and Imagine Dragons similar. Imagine Dragons is the most inoffensive pop-rock possible. BMTH, even in their last album, is slightly screamo heavy rock....

I was taking the piss mate, I know they've got different sounds. But That's the Spirit is definitely a pop rock album, as is every Imagine Dragons album.

And haven't you heard the wailing screams in Radioactive?

• Downvote 1

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Which couple of fests are Arctics meant to be at? TRNSMT and? Also Paramore last played R&L in 2014, same year as Arctics, so they've not had a bigger gap.

Bigger gap as in their tour is finishing end of Jan and Arctics are likely to be playing TRNSMT 2 months before.

And Arctics I assume will be doing more than just TRNSMT in the UK while they are here, not to mention the other fests they are supposed to be doing on the continent (NOS, Mad Cool etc.) wheras Paramore aren't rumoured for anything and there aint many places they could go (tho I still think they could well be doing the Sziget > Pukkelpop > R&L run

6 minutes ago, PastRecedes said:

We're speaking in terms of fan bases. Your stereotypical BMTH fan is a 15 year old Rock Sound girl where as your stereotypical Imagine Dragons fan is a middle aged woman. Like how say The National and Jake Bugg are both indie, but appeal to completely different audiences.

EDIT: Didn't realise that was sarcasm. Hard to tell over the internet tbf.

Edited by Steve1000
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

We're speaking in terms of fan bases. Your stereotypical BMTH fan is a 15 year old Rock Sound girl where as your stereotypical Imagine Dragons fan is a middle aged woman. Like how say The National and Jake Bugg are both indie, but appeal to completely different audiences.

aye pal I was being pedantic, no worries

13 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

It's nothing like Jake Bugg and The National ffs. I'd imagine most BMTH fans nowadays are into pop-rock like Imagine Dragons.