Lineup 2018

7 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Why don't you think they'd book MGMT? no different to booking a band like Pond. As far as i can see, their touring cycle just hasnt matched up with RnL since 2008 :ph34r:

Yeah but Pond are much smaller. MGMT would probably be NME headliner size, but I just think R&L will want to book a more relevant act to their audience for such a big slot.

7 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Why don't you think they'd book MGMT? no different to booking a band like Pond. As far as i can see, their touring cycle just hasnt matched up with RnL since 2008 :ph34r:

Stylistically they’re a fair comparison but in reality Pond just got a boost in Reading circles because their brother band, Tame Impala, became one of the biggest things in indie rock. MGMT on the other hand are far past their mainstream peak and are more of a cult concern now, and seem to be playing festivals among acts of a similar vintage. Latitude is right in the middle of their tour dates and will hit the cross-section of older music fans who stuck with them and younger ones that wanna hear them play Kids live. I don’t think they’ll still be in Europe come the end of August either.

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve just watched the Song 2 for the first time and Jesus Christ. 

Honestly, how are they as big as they are? We’ve established nobody actually likes them, so how? 

Look at those streaming figures. Mental.

It's gotta just be because it's such bland, inoffensive, catchy 'singalong' music. Hardly anyone is gonna describe them as their favourite band, yet everyone knows their songs and a lot would go see them at a festival. Similar to Bastille.

Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 16.54.17.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Look at those streaming figures. Mental.

It's gotta just be because it's such bland, inoffensive, catchy 'singalong' music. Hardly anyone is gonna describe them as their favourite band, yet everyone knows their songs and a lot would go see them at a festival. Similar to Bastille.

Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 16.54.17.png

Even Bastille have the odd good song (granted, not the ones everyone knows) and actual fans. Imagine Dragons on the other hand don't have any even half decent songs and their only fan is @Gucci Piggy's flat mate. It's just shit bland pop music.

39 minutes ago, Pineapples said:

Anyone heard anything about circa waves or Rat boy. Circa waves played a cracking set last year, I know they're playing 'live at Leeds's next year but is their any news on them play the festival?

Both are at Community, which I believe didn’t share any acts with R&L last year (?), but Ratboy is certainly small enough that he could be at both. I’m not sure about Circa waves. 

EDIT: just checked, none of Community’s larger acts were at R&L, but The Hunna and Fickle Friends were at both so Ratboy’s looking more likely than Circa Waves 

Edited by smileii
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Even Bastille have the odd good song (granted, not the ones everyone knows) and actual fans. Imagine Dragons on the other hand don't have any even half decent songs and their only fan is @Gucci Piggy's flat mate. It's just shit bland pop music.

use to be a huge fan of them! but since the second album they have become a more Christian rock/pop band and meh nah not that great! first album was alright tho! but always wanted to see em' live