Lineup 2018

7 minutes ago, pwe24 said:

Well I am all down for the suggestions so far - AM, Foos, RB, Kendrick etc. I just wanted to have a think of who else could possibly appear that have not been mentioned. This is just a quick off top of my head though and not done any cross checking with dates or such:

"Headliner" level:
Drake (People went mad and R+L have been hard over him since)
Jay Z (Kayne has been mentioned a few times on this thread)
Coldplay (plenty of hits that people know the words to)
U2 (Newish album - don't think anyone under 25 has forgotten the whole Apple auto download though)
The Prodigy (New album coming)

Subs/ NME:
Noel Gallagher + High Flying Birds
Vampire Weekend
MGMT
Franz Ferdinand

No way Coldplay or U2 would be booked for R&L and The Prodigy would likely be subs, not headliners.

The rest are feasible yeah but as you say I don't think people have been mentioning them because they're probably not going to be there. Think the most likely from your list would be Vampire Weekend, but even then I'd say they're more likely not to play.

5 minutes ago, Edduk98 said:

Just seeing this, springs to mind if there would be any chance of Tyler, The Creator being at reading and leeds?

He has a 3-5 year ban from the UK which started in 2015, so this is the first year it could potentially be lifted but I'm pretty sure it hasn't yet. If he was able to come to the UK then I'd definitely be predicting him to headline NME or be 3rd/4th main.

Just now, dentalplan said:

This one was announced a couple of weeks ago in a different style of poster, if you were thinking it’s repetitive. :P

Hahaha yeah probably. Still though, Eminem and The Killers seem to be at pretty much all American festivals this year.

1 minute ago, gsloth said:

Are MGMT or Cage The Elephant likely to appear? I want to sort tickets out soon, thanks :)

Cage the Elephant would be more likely but I wouldn't say either are strong rumours.

5 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

It's looking pretty likely yeah, probably coheadlining though. I think it'll be with Imagine Dragons.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yee

Awesome, so if it's Foo's and Royal Blood. Already with just those two it's an awesome lineup 

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Cage the Elephant would be more likely but I wouldn't say either are strong rumours.

why? What info is there to support this? MGMT are in Europe towards the end of July,  and i expect them to stick around through August.

CTE only have one date according to their website, and that's today in America. 

With the info to hand ATM, MGMT are more likely.

2 hours ago, Edduk98 said:

I do feel he would be at wireless rather than reading and leeds :/

If the ban is lifted after 3 years, which there's no info atm to suggest that it will be, the ban started when he arrived in this country for RnL in 2015 so the ban would still be in place in July 18. 

Just now, Hawky said:

why? What info is there to support this? MGMT are in Europe towards the end of July,  and i expect them to stick around through August.

CTE only have one date according to their website, and that's today in America. 

With the info to hand ATM, MGMT are more likely.

Aye I know, I was talking about which acts are more suited to R&L, I really can't see them booking MGMT nowadays. Also, can't see them sticking around till the end of August as you say.

If Cage the Elephant had dates in Europe in August then I'd say they're very likely, but currently there's nothing suggesting that they will or will not be around so that's why they're not a strong rumour.

5 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Aye I know, I was talking about which acts are more suited to R&L, I really can't see them booking MGMT nowadays. Also, can't see them sticking around till the end of August as you say.

If Cage the Elephant had dates in Europe in August then I'd say they're very likely, but currently there's nothing suggesting that they will or will not be around so that's why they're not a strong rumour.

Why don't you think they'd book MGMT? no different to booking a band like Pond. As far as i can see, their touring cycle just hasnt matched up with RnL since 2008 :ph34r:

Just now, Breakfast club said:

Can someone explain the hype behind Imagine Dragons? Saw them at reading at both 2014 and 2016, both times it was bland and their attempt to get the crowd interested with song 2 didn't work. 

Nobody can explain this. 

I have seen them 4 times, and I do not know why, they're festival herpes; WHEN YOU THINK THEY'VE GONE! THEY JUST KEEP COMING BACK.