Lineup 2018

One thing about the AM thing. Would they play Glastonbury in 2019, I'd thought since they played following the fallow year last time it might be a little uninspired to pull the same tricks twice. I know rolling stones were the real surprise then, but i'd think they might go for someone else. 

just a thought 

6 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Jack white for secret set? Seems to be the right size...

or how likely is he to play reading!? My dream is to see jack white and foos at my favourite festival!!

also anyone know an Austrailian band called sticky fingers!?

I’m from sydney where they are from and unfortuantely they are still on a break due to the lead singers antics 

13 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Jack white for secret set? Seems to be the right size...

or how likely is he to play reading!? My dream is to see jack white and foos at my favourite festival!!

also anyone know an Austrailian band called sticky fingers!?

Jack's in Europe late june/early July and he is playing pretty much every single festival so doubt he'd come over twice. If you got tickets to foos stadium shows, jack white is playing 2 shows in London less than a week after the foos stadium shows so you could see them both in the same week I guess 

8 minutes ago, mylesharrison said:

I’m from sydney where they are from and unfortuantely they are still on a break due to the lead singers antics 

Omg soo cool! And yeh I heard it sucks!! Poor Dylan!! Do u think they will get back together?

also always wanted to know!!! How big and liked are they over there?? 

6 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Omg soo cool! And yeh I heard it sucks!! Poor Dylan!! Do u think they will get back together?

also always wanted to know!!! How big and liked are they over there?? 

They are one of the best biggest bands in Australia everyone loves them! every show they ever did sold out in seconds, begging For them to get back together I miss seeing them all the time! 

8 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Yeah already getting me jack white tickets soon! It’s like 25 mins from where I live!!

I wanted to go so bad but I'm seeing foo fighters , pearl jam, queens of the stone age and two door cinema club all in that week so I'm kinda out of money to see jack !

Just now, mylesharrison said:

They are one of the best biggest bands in Australia everyone loves them! every show they ever did sold out in seconds, begging For them to get back together I miss seeing them all the time! 

Haha no way! Yeah as soon as they stopped touring they became huge in London among teens and young people!! There next tour would be huge!!

27 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

also anyone know an Australian band called sticky fingers!?

Used to be a huge fan and saw them back in 2016 but the lead singer was acting crazy. Someone managed to get onto the stage (it was a tiny venue, barely a bar to separate the band from the crowd) and the lead kicked them. Ruined the night. 

16 minutes ago, w0lfalic321 said:

Used to be a huge fan and saw them back in 2016 but the lead singer was acting crazy. Someone managed to get onto the stage (it was a tiny venue, barely a bar to separate the band from the crowd) and the lead kicked them. Ruined the night. 

Ahh lucky u!! But yeah, Dylan frost I think his name is, he’s now in rehab, from drug abuse. Would have loved to have seen them live!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

If there is indeed this two Main Stage setup, how easy do you reckon it'll be to navigate through the crowd?

I've just heard Fall Out Boy's new LP and curious as to how easy it'll be get to escape the crowd as far away as from that stage as possible. 

Just crowdsurf out.

Unless you're 20 stone.

Edited by The Placid Casual

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I just remembered 'The 1975' say in there set in 2016 that the next time they returned they would headline, doesn't that rule out a secret set? Potential co-headline option if they did return this year and if not 100% 2019?

It's called a secret set for a reason :)

Just a thought, probs wrong BUT do you think R&L could announce the same way as IOW fest? Just randomly through the day say that the announcement is coming in the evening of the same day? IOW put a post up saying their announcement will be out at 5pm when they did it so could they do it the same way? 

39 minutes ago, Edduk98 said:

Just a thought, probs wrong BUT do you think R&L could announce the same way as IOW fest? Just randomly through the day say that the announcement is coming in the evening of the same day? IOW put a post up saying their announcement will be out at 5pm when they did it so could they do it the same way? 

different PR firms tend to do it different ways, and they don't share a PR firm.

Well I am all down for the suggestions so far - AM, Foos, RB, Kendrick etc. I just wanted to have a think of who else could possibly appear that have not been mentioned. This is just a quick off top of my head though and not done any cross checking with dates or such:

"Headliner" level:
Drake (People went mad and R+L have been hard over him since)
Jay Z (Kayne has been mentioned a few times on this thread)
Coldplay (plenty of hits that people know the words to)
U2 (Newish album - don't think anyone under 25 has forgotten the whole Apple auto download though)
The Prodigy (New album coming)

Subs/ NME:
Noel Gallagher + High Flying Birds
Vampire Weekend
MGMT
Franz Ferdinand

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2