Lineup 2018

OMG guys, this guy basically confirmed the Reading Lineup

His twitter handle starts with "JL" so he is basically related to JLS, of course he would know the turth. Heard it her first folks, I'm gonna seem like a god when I predicted this in advance of the lineup being announced

EDIT: Just to clarify, this was me joining in with the Dudey ripping ofc this aint gonna happen, but its just as silly as some of what he says.....

Edited by Mattymooz
  • Downvote 15

Just now, Aech said:

According to Rob Kellas Don Broco have confirmed they're playing R&L. Them lot are actually somewhat close to the band so I'd expect that to be true, not like they're unlikely. 

Think they've always been a bit of a dead cert tbf considering the secret set last year.

God this Dudeyrhino bloke has caused a lot of drama round here hasn’t he?

Anyway, if Arctic Monkeys aren’t playing this year, does that mean they’re basically nailed on for next year? I can’t see them doing three years in a row and I reckon they’d be likely for Glastonbury next year, so I don’t know how they’d fit.

2 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Anyway, if Arctic Monkeys aren’t playing this year, does that mean they’re basically nailed on for next year? I can’t see them doing three years in a row and I reckon they’d be likely for Glastonbury next year, so I don’t know how they’d fit.

If they do Glasto next year (and assuming they don't play this year) then it'll have to be 2020 since Glasto headliners are UK exclusives (like most major fests).

Just now, Alex DeLarge said:

Wouldn't make them nailed on at all. As you say, Glastonbury could get them next year. Depends really, because Glastonbury will probably have a wider range of options for headliners and they wouldn't pay as much as R&L would offer, so it could be up to the band/their management in the end.

It's hard to say how long they're gonna be touring for though. In the past they've never toured an album for 2 years yeah, but they were also bringing albums out every 2 years up until 2013. Now it's been a 5 year gap and they're so established it's not impossible to think they'll drag out the tour till 2020 and then go away again for a couple of years. Could do a Muse and headline R&L at the very end of this album tour.

1 minute ago, Dangerbreaks said:

If they do Glasto next year (and assuming they don't play this year) then it'll have to be 2020 since Glasto headliners are UK exclusives (like most major fests).

Glasto headliners aren't always UK exclusives; Radiohead was at TRSMT last year as well for example. However Glasto and R&L rarely share headliners (apart from when they headline R&L but play lower at Glasto e.g. Foals, Disclosure etc.) so doubt Arctics would play both in the same year yeah.

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Glasto headliners aren't always UK exclusives; Radiohead was at TRSMT last year as well for example. However Glasto and R&L rarely share headliners (apart from when they headline R&L but play lower at Glasto e.g. Foals, Disclosure etc.) so doubt Arctics would play both in the same year yeah.

So if arctics are highly likely to play glasto next year and are unlikely to tour an album for two years potentially ruling them out of randl 2020, would that not make them pretty likely to headline this year?

2 minutes ago, AM0114 said:

So if arctics are highly likely to play glasto next year and are unlikely to tour an album for two years potentially ruling them out of randl 2020, would that not make them pretty likely to headline this year?

No. There's still more chance of them being available in the future than Foos and it's not that long since they last headlined in comparison.

7 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yeah my bad, was trying to think of any examples and then forgot TRNSMT was a thing :lol:

5 minutes ago, AM0114 said:

IF they play Glasto next year and aren't still touring in 2020 then I'd say they're not likely to play R&L on this album tour at all. But I do think there's a decent possibility of them touring till 2020 for this one - they've been away since 2014 and they're at the point now where they can justify going away for a while, doing a big tour and then repeat.

It's just a lot of assumptive guesswork at this point though. I'd say they might do Glastonbury 2019 and R&L in 2020, but it could be the other way round, they might play this year, or they might not even play Glastonbury and/or R&L this album tour at all. Who knows.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

34 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

I think if they're not gonna be touring in 2020 they'll definitely be at Glasto next year, meaning that they probably won't play R&L on this tour.

If they're gonna be touring in 2020 I think they'll do both R&L and Glasto over the next two years, either way round.

This is assuming they don't play this year, of course, but I don't think they will.

Arctic Monkeys seem like this is there shows in the UK for the next three years:

2018: TRNSMT, Stadiums and Sheffield Gig

2019: Glastonbury

2020: RandL

That is the likelihood of AM and it is pretty much sorted of whats going to happen. The TRNSMT gig should be brilliant in my opinion as its there first time and may play the better, less known songs as well as the well known making it a great day. Would you buy a ticket for TRNSMT this year, if and when its confirmed?

Edited by RarerThanDandyB
Spelling

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Arctic Monkeys seem like this is there shows in the UK for the next three years:

2018: TRNSMT, Stadiums and Sheffield Gig

2019: Glastonbury

2020: RandL

That is the likelihood of AM and it is pretty much sorted of whats going to happen. The TRNSMT gig should be brilliant in my opinion as its there first time and may play the better, less known songs as well as the well known making it a great day. Would you buy a ticket for TRNSMT this year, if and when its confirmed?

No it's not.

Although I'd predict a similar rough schedule, there's no way that can be said to be pretty much sorted when currently the only confirmed gig is in America in June.

21 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Sziget announcing first names on Monday at 2pm our time.thats two August fests releasing acts that day so maybe Arctics aren’t the only one with big plans to unleash next week.

Or maybe Arctic Monkeys are also doing August fests which would make the meltdown even better if they don't play R&L.