Lineup 2018

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

TheWaters keeps mentioning him for no reason even though no one gives a fuck about the big chode.

I’ve mentioned him once when he wasn’t already being discussed and that was to clarify whether or not his source was already info that was out there. Other than that I’ve just joined in with points when he was ALREADY being talked about. 

• Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

TheWaters keeps mentioning him for no reason even though no one gives a fuck about the big chode.

Only seen him mention actual information he might have attained from that family source, if you see a possibly true rumour like that obviously you’re going to bring it up...

6 minutes ago, Jack w said:

Only seen him mention actual information he might have attained from that family source, if you see a possibly true rumour like that obviously you’re going to bring it up...

They're obviously not true based on the fact he clearly knows nothing. Do we bring up every bit of blatantly made up info from Twitter or wherever? No, other than some new people who obviously haven't been around long enough to realise it's all false.

He brought that video up twice when no one was talking about it because no one cares what Dudey Rhino has to say, and keeps white knighting the guy for no reason. He's a grown man who doesn't know any of us, he doesn't need random people fighting his corner on the internet. Some people like his vids, some think he's cringey as a fuck, who cares?

If people are wondering when the announcements was made for Reading 2017:

First Announcement - 30/11/16
Muse,   Major Lazer,   Bastille,   Tory Lanez,   At the Drive-in,   Architects,   Glass Animals,   Andy C,   Danny Brown,   Against the Current, While she Sleeps.
https://www.readingfestival.com/news/muse-are-your-first-randl17-headliners-plus-major-lazer-bastille-architects-and-more

Second Announcement - 26/01/17
Kasabian,   Fatboy Slim,   Flume,   Two Door Cinema Club,  Jimmy Eat World,  Wiley,  Circa Waves, Rat Boy,   The Amity Affliction.
https://www.readingfestival.com/news/kasabian-are-your-second-randl17-headliners-plus-fatboy-slim-two-door-cinema-club-jimmy-eat

Third Announcement - 24/02/17
Eminem,   Migos,   Giggs,   Haim,   You Me at Six,   Blossoms,   Halsey,   Billy Talent.
https://www.readingfestival.com/news/eminem-your-third-randl17-headliner-plus-haim-giggs-you-me-six-and-more

I'm sure have missed some acts off when the announcements was released.

I think when they make a announcement it should include at least 2 main stage headliners. (4 if they are doing all co-headliners over 2 main stages).

• Upvote 2

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

They're obviously not true based on the fact he clearly knows nothing. Do we bring up every bit of blatantly made up info from Twitter or wherever? No, other than some new people who obviously haven't been around long enough to realise it's all false.

He brought that video up twice when no one was talking about it because no one cares what Dudey Rhino has to say, and keeps white knighting the guy for no reason. He's a grown man who doesn't know any of us, he doesn't need random people fighting his corner on the internet. Some people like his vids, some think he's cringey as a fuck, who cares?

Nobody cares whether anyone likes him or not, but it’s unneeded that he gets talked about and brought up just to rip him or hate on him. If nobody cares what he has to say then nobody needs to bring him up just to rip him as well as in a normal perfectly fine conversation.

Nos Alive still have a headliner TBA on 12th - so that could be arctics maybe? jack white is subbing pearl jam at nos alive on the 14th and if they're leaving the best announcement till last surely the only realistically possible thing bigger than that day is AM. Also NOS Alive already share all of the larger acts with Mad Cool so I think it's likely they'll have booked AM else the two lineups would literally be the same.

Edited by R Shah

2 minutes ago, pwe24 said:

think when they make a announcement it should include at least 2 main stage headliners. (4 if they are doing all co-headliners over 2 main stages).

Yeah I think we will Be most likely getting at least 2 headliners with a few acts if we get the announcement in the next couple of weeks, or all 3 headliners with slightly less acts 

if we have to wait until brits week (21 feb) as it’s been rumoured, then I reckon we will get An announcement Very similar to that of the big feb announcement last year with the day splits.

6 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

It’s almost as if I brought it up to see what people in here think. I get it people don’t like him, I get it a lot of people think he’s cringey, whatever . But I thought it would be interesting to see why people thought about his video, as I wasn’t sure what to think of it. If you don’t like him, don’t bother replying then. This thread is for anything to do with the lineup, and that video was related to it so I wanted to know what people thought.

Regarding me defending him, I just don’t think it’s right people make unnecessary hate comments about someone you don’t even know. Sure say he’s annoying, cringey, you don’t like him whatever that’s fine but just having a go for no reason is just a bit off in my opinion.

18 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Nos Alive still have a headliner TBA on 12th - so that could be arctics maybe? jack white is subbing pearl jam at nos alive on the 14th and if they're leaving the best announcement till last surely the only realistically possible thing bigger than that day is AM. Also NOS Alive already share all of the larger acts with Mad Cool so I think it's likely they'll have booked AM else the two lineups would literally be the same.

It is Arctic Monkeys, and they're also gonna be co-headlining Mad Cool with Jack White. It was already confirmed that all the NOS headliners would be at Mad Cool. Looks like they've worked together to book acts, knowing that they're more likely to come over for two festivals that weekend. The festivals are in different countries so I doubt they care about looking almost identical.

23 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

It is Arctic Monkeys, and they're also gonna be co-headlining Mad Cool with Jack White. It was already confirmed that all the NOS headliners would be at Mad Cool. Looks like they've worked together to book acts, knowing that they're more likely to come over for two festivals that weekend. The festivals are in different countries so I doubt they care about looking almost identical.

Yeah it’s definitely worked. Both sold out way ahead of time. Think I’m gonna regret missing out on this one (ie. Mad Cool with the Xmas discount) as much as I do Primavera 2014.

58 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Wow that's awesome ! Rock Werchter also tweeted said more news coming tomorrow so that could be AM too potentially 

4 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Wow that's awesome ! Rock Werchter also tweeted said more news coming tomorrow so that could be AM too potentially 

Rumours that AM are dropping all their European fest dates on Monday. Werchter have had a couple of acts self-confirm through this week so I'd imagine it'll just be a crop of smaller names tomorrow (probably had to announce Jack White today along with the other fests he's playing, which is why they've got two announcements on consecutive days).

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Rumours that AM are dropping all their European fest dates on Monday. Werchter have had a couple of acts self-confirm through this week so I'd imagine it'll just be a crop of smaller names tomorrow (probably had to announce Jack White today along with the other fests he's playing, which is why they've got two announcements on consecutive days).

Killers BST Hyde park announcement was Monday January 23rd last year and that's when killers announced a few other European festivals that they played too, so maybe AM could be doing the same sort of thing and they'll announce eveyrhting next week - TRNSMT is also long overdue an announcement given the short space between the first 3.

Edited by R Shah

4 hours ago, Jack w said:

do people think if post Malone plays he will play about 4th down or nme sub, or do we reckon he will remain very relevant and maybe take an NME headline or third down slot with his logo on the poster?

I can see him playing third/fourth down and attracting as big of a crowd as the headliners tbh. Pretty sure there were more people at Giggs than Kasabian last year and Post Malone is definitely more popular than Giggs.

4 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Killers BST Hyde park announcement was Monday January 23rd last year and that's when killers announced a few other European festivals that they played too, so maybe AM could be doing the same sort of thing and they'll announce eveyrhting next week - TRNSMT is also long overdue an announcement given the short space between the first 3.

Yeah I imagine so. Mad Cool, NOS Alive, Rock Werchter, TRNSMT and there are probably some more around the time that I haven't really followed like Roskilde.

2 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Isn't he a lot bigger in America than here? He's nowhere near that high on the US fests he's been announced for.

He is absolutely huge here, I'm 18 and I don't know many people who aren't a post fan and everyone atleast knows a few songs since they're played non stop.

6 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah I imagine so. Mad Cool, NOS Alive, Rock Werchter, TRNSMT and there are probably some more around the time that I haven't really followed like Roskilde.

If Arctics announce TRNSMT and/or Hyde Park on monday - do you reckon we could get the foo fighters reading announcement as soon as Monday just to basically confirm that arctics aren't playing reading ?

3 minutes ago, R Shah said:

If Arctics announce TRNSMT and/or Hyde Park on monday - do you reckon we could get the foo fighters reading announcement as soon as Monday just to basically confirm that arctics aren't playing reading ?

Nah don't reckon so, announcing at the same time as AM drop all that would mean they'd get loads less spotlight on their announcement which wouldn't be great.

1 hour ago, pwe24 said:

If people are wondering when the announcements was made for Reading 2017:

First Announcement - 30/11/16
Muse,   Major Lazer,   Bastille,   Tory Lanez,   At the Drive-in,   Architects,   Glass Animals,   Andy C,   Danny Brown,   Against the Current, While she Sleeps.
https://www.readingfestival.com/news/muse-are-your-first-randl17-headliners-plus-major-lazer-bastille-architects-and-more

Second Announcement - 26/01/17
Kasabian,   Fatboy Slim,   Flume,   Two Door Cinema Club,  Jimmy Eat World,  Wiley,  Circa Waves, Rat Boy,   The Amity Affliction.
https://www.readingfestival.com/news/kasabian-are-your-second-randl17-headliners-plus-fatboy-slim-two-door-cinema-club-jimmy-eat

Third Announcement - 24/02/17
Eminem,   Migos,   Giggs,   Haim,   You Me at Six,   Blossoms,   Halsey,   Billy Talent.
https://www.readingfestival.com/news/eminem-your-third-randl17-headliner-plus-haim-giggs-you-me-six-and-more

I'm sure have missed some acts off when the announcements was released.

I think when they make a announcement it should include at least 2 main stage headliners. (4 if they are doing all co-headliners over 2 main stages).

I love your profile picture - I hope when (if) them crooked vultures they sub someone main stage that would be epic 

8 minutes ago, Aech said:

He is absolutely huge here, I'm 18 and I don't know many people who aren't a post fan and everyone atleast knows a few songs since they're played non stop.

I know he is, but I was under the impression he was much bigger in the US, and his slots at US festivals are nowhere near subbing, so I don't see how he'd get that here.

5 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Download announcing 50 bands Tuesday 7pm - I imagine the reading announcement won't be till at least the week after then as FR will want attention on the download one 

Nah they don't care about that. They've announced acts for each festival within days of one another recently.