Lineup 2018

7 minutes ago, Alfrancis1989 said:

In all honesty when and how do you think they'll do the first announcement??

Unfortunately, you know as much as us when it comes to the announcement date! Nobody has anything solid other that the "early next year" tweet by RnL.

If I were to speculate, i'd say last week in Jan/ beggining of feb because i think if It was next week, we would've already had the "Announcement next week" tweet.

• Like 1

Just now, dentalplan said:

Yuh don't forget he hyped that video you just watched for 24 hours before actually releasing it. Does seem pretty exploitative.

Is that the video people were talking about on here? 

People make money on YouTube through views, to get views you have to have viewers, to have viewers you must have info others want. There's so much bs on YouTube and people make money from it :lol:

1 minute ago, Hawky said:

Unfortunately, you know as much as us when it comes to the announcement date! Nobody has anything solid other that the "early next year" tweet by RnL.

If I were to speculate, i'd say last week in Jan/ beggining of feb because i think if It was next week, we would've already had the "Announcement next week" tweet.

The 'announcement next week' alert would come just before the weekend wouldn't it? So it could still be near. I don't think it's gonna be next week though, that's set to be when a lot of the Arctic Monkeys plans are laid out - including TRNSMT - and if R+L don't have Arctics among the line up on the day TRNSMT goes on sale then it's not gonna be pretty.

Having said that, if they do pop up tomorrow and say there's an announcement next week then that's a positive indicator for those holding out hope.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The 'announcement next week' alert would come just before the weekend wouldn't it? So it could still be near. I don't think it's gonna be next week though, that's set to be when a lot of the Arctic Monkeys plans are laid out - including TRNSMT - and if R+L don't have Arctics among the line up on the day TRNSMT goes on sale then it's not gonna be pretty.

Having said that, if they do pop up tomorrow and say there's an announcement next week then that's a positive indicator for those holding out hope.

I would've thought the "Announcement next week" would be sent ASAP because Twitter is getting very impatient and each one of their announcement based tweet has calmed the storm.

1 hour ago, Jack w said:

I think the scenario is more a case of (if the source isnt lying to dudey)

Family member watches Dudey Rhino for festival content

Family member messages dudey with information he has as he knows he will be interested

dudey rhino asks how much information he can give on video, family member tells him conditions.

also I'm pretty sure the majority of his subscribers are interested in r&l as his old reading vlogs and prep guides picked him up most of his subs as they did much better than most of his videos, so if thats the kind of video that does well it only seems logical to make videos of this sort. 

I think the scenario is blatantly that Dudey Rhino knows fuck all, has read on here that Arctic Monkeys aren't likely, so has made up that he's heard that from a credible source so that his weird sesh gremlin cling ons will think he some kind of inside track to Arctic Monkeys once it's confirmed they're not there.

This is a grown up guy ffs he's like a 14 year old pretending over the internet he has inside info on famous bands and festivals to impress some online followers. All for a festival where 90% of attendees are 16-18 year old kids, too, ffs.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

4 minutes ago, smileii said:

Why would a family member even contact him in the first place? What would they gain from that? The respect of the one and only Dudey Rhino and his sesh gremlins? 

:lol::lol: 

What's more, the family member is reporting to Dudey Rhino that their relative in the band is concerned by the direction of the new Arctic Monkeys material. People leave bands over problems like that so I have no clue why they're gonna be reporting it to Dudey Rhino to shape his knowledge on the Reading Festival lineup, especially since it didn't seem to have any relevance on whether they were playing or not.

8 hours ago, JoeRousey said:

What’s the likelihood of Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds doing R&L? He’s already booked for Neighbourhood and he’s got a tour during May. 

NGHFB have been announced as headlining sunmer sonic in Japan the weekend before R&L so potentially makes him less likely, although I believe Kasabian headlined both last year. I saw them in 2016 and were brilliant, their setlist of 21 songs had 10 oasis tunes however their festival setlist may differ slightly to include more crowd favourites. He also has a new album so setlist will include some of these too

11 hours ago, Scrubb said:

oMg mAd C00l aRCTIC monKEYS !!!

I listen to a bit of everything so sommet with variety, but if I'm going overseas for a festival its more for the whole experience rather than a lineup that I could get by going to a UK fest if you get me :)

Sziget :)

yeah there are people on this thread who seem to have a burning dislike of him and it’s just a bit confusing. he’s just doing his thing cause he enjoys it, and a lot of people would probably prefer to watch videos rather than scroll through forums and that’s who his audience is. just gotta put your energy into something worthwhile, like telling newcomers why arctic monkeys probably won’t play

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

I dont hate his video. I genuinely watch them and his streams just as its good to hear what he thinks and what info he has. TBH he gives us good info and fair enough he may get a lot from here, but at least he puts in the effort to sum it all up for everyone! Good lad imo. And when people say they couldnt care if he died and weird shit like that, thats just stupid and fucked tbh. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pepesilvia said:

yeah there are people on this thread who seem to have a burning dislike of him and it’s just a bit confusing. he’s just doing his thing cause he enjoys it, and a lot of people would probably prefer to watch videos rather than scroll through forums and that’s who his audience is. just gotta put your energy into something worthwhile, like telling newcomers why arctic monkeys probably won’t play

I don't have a 'burning dislike' for him but I do get why people dislike him. He's got a bit of 'lad' attitude and comes across immature. I've only watched a couple of his videos. One of the ones I watched was his reasons to buy a ticket for R&L's even though there is no line up. Some of the stuff him and his mates do in camp (for example burning stuff) is inconsiderate and he didn't seem to respect the people that have to come an extinguish it. This kind of thing is far to common at festivals and can ruin the experience for some people.

This on top of the fact he pretends he has inside info on things when he doesn't. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2