Lineup 2018

2 minutes ago, Scrubb said:

Hey all. 

Been around for since 2015, figured it was time to finally make an account :P Hate to be the one to drag the conversation off topic, but does anyone have any EU festival recommendations? As well as Leeds and a few other UK fests I'm hoping to get to at least one European festival this year  and was wondering if anyone had any good (or not so good) experiences from any overseas? 

Tomorrowland is always an experience if you like electronic music. I've heard good things about Sziget, FiB, Primavera and Mad Cool too

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Tomorrowland is always an experience if you like electronic music. I've heard good things about Sziget, FiB, Primavera and Mad Cool too

oMg mAd C00l aRCTIC monKEYS !!!

I listen to a bit of everything so sommet with variety, but if I'm going overseas for a festival its more for the whole experience rather than a lineup that I could get by going to a UK fest if you get me :)

Edited by Scrubb

1 minute ago, TheWaters said:

Just quickly, decided to check out Dudey’s video and the family member said that there’ll be an open air show in sheffield this year. If this source is to be believed, Tramlines??

I soooo doubt that they could afford to sell AM tickets for £30. If I had to guess it would be their own gig (maybe at the same place on the same stage the weekend after Tramlines? similar to the Liam Gallagher & GOTSA gigs at Finsbury?)

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I soooo doubt that they could afford to sell AM tickets for £30. If I had to guess it would be their own gig (maybe at the same place on the same stage the weekend after Tramlines? similar to the Liam Gallagher & GOTSA gigs at Finsbury?)

yeah could definitely see them doing something like that

7 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

It depends on who wants the homecoming show more, AM? Or Tramlines? Realistically AM choose their price.

Edit: if AM turn around and say, "look we love the festival it's ten year anniversary we want to play it" they're not then going to say "our fee is: £750,000" also AM don't particularly need to make big money from every show... they're quite successful :lol:

Edited by Hawky

8 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Tbf when you watch the video it does sound like a legit source, there's more to it than just the open air Sheffield show.

Nothing in that sounds genuine.

They're touring America first, sure, but then they're playing Scotland the month before R+L? And this relative reckons they're not playing Reading and Leeds because he's not been invited to Leeds, but only speculates on 'the possibility of' homecoming shows?

I'm not saying that to trumpet the chances of Arctic Monkeys playing R+L cos I don't reckon they will and I don't want them to either but I think chances that Mr. Rhino is being mugged off here are quite strong.

Edited by dentalplan

4 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Tbf when you watch the video it does sound like a legit source, there's more to it than just the open air Sheffield show.

Who TF is this guy? 

I really really don't like him. 

If he died, I wouldn't cry.

38 minutes ago, Scrubb said:

Hey all. 

Been around for since 2015, figured it was time to finally make an account :P Hate to be the one to drag the conversation off topic, but does anyone have any EU festival recommendations? As well as Leeds and a few other UK fests I'm hoping to get to at least one European festival this year  and was wondering if anyone had any good (or not so good) experiences from any overseas? 

Welcome. Excellent avatar. 

Just now, TheWaters said:

Alright mate bit harsh, he’s a nice guy. He’s just the messenger in all this lmao. 

Harsh would be to say, I hope he ends up in a Saw like scenario, gets right to the end by surviving multiple challenges and then dies at the last second.

I don't think AM will do Leeds, but this guy is talking out of his arse.

Just now, Hawky said:

Harsh would be to say, I hope he ends up in a Saw like scenario, gets right to the end by surviving multiple challenges and then dies at the last second.

I don't think AM will do Leeds, but this guy is talking out of his arse.

Granted, he’s not always got the most correct info, but he’s making videos that some people enjoy and watch. I don’t think he’s purely all for the facts like people on here would be, more just getting content out that people enjoy and keep people aware, but obviously get views. He’s doing well with it tbf, I’d be doing the same.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Nothing in that sounds genuine.

They're touring America first, sure, but then they're playing Scotland the month before R+L? And this relative reckons they're not playing Reading and Leeds because he's not been invited to Leeds, but only speculates on 'the possibility of' homecoming shows?

I'm not saying that to trumpet the chances of Arctic Monkeys playing R+L cos I don't reckon they will and I don't want them to either but I think chances that Mr. Rhino is being mugged off here are quite strong.

Exactly what I was thinking. 

Plus, I can't understand the scenario

Youtuber: Hey, I'm a youtuber can you tell me about AMs tour plans? 

Immediate family member: Yes, certainly. They're playing America first because of cost benefits, a hometown show and Glasto next year. 

Youtuber: perfect, I'll release this info and put it on my blog. 

He's exploiting the most talked about thing at the moment for views. When AM don't get announced, people will approach him as though he is the Messiah. 

8 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Granted, he’s not always got the most correct info, but he’s making videos that some people enjoy and watch. I don’t think he’s purely all for the facts like people on here would be, more just getting content out that people enjoy and keep people aware, but obviously get views. He’s doing well with it tbf, I’d be doing the same.

I don't know who he is so I can't talk overall credibility, I just don't believe a word he is saying in this video. 

Edot: except that AM aren't playing Leeds 

Edited by Hawky

7 minutes ago, Hawky said:

I don't know who he is so I can't talk overall credibility, I just don't believe a word he is saying in this video. 

Edot: except that AM aren't playing Leeds 

And that’s fair enough, but again you said you don’t know who he is so coming in with saying you hate him and “wouldn’t cry if he died” Is just a little bit over the top imo haha. 

5 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Immediate family member: Yes, certainly. They're playing America first because of cost benefits, a hometown show and Glasto next year. 

He's exploiting the most talked about thing at the moment for views. When AM don't get announced, people will approach him as though he is the Messiah. 

I think the scenario is more a case of (if the source isnt lying to dudey)

Family member watches Dudey Rhino for festival content

Family member messages dudey with information he has as he knows he will be interested

dudey rhino asks how much information he can give on video, family member tells him conditions.

also I'm pretty sure the majority of his subscribers are interested in r&l as his old reading vlogs and prep guides picked him up most of his subs as they did much better than most of his videos, so if thats the kind of video that does well it only seems logical to make videos of this sort. 

3 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

And that’s fair enough, but again you said you don’t know who he is so coming in with saying you hate him and “wouldn’t cry if he died” Is just a little bit over the top imo haha. 

If he died RIGHT NOW, would you cry? 

Just now, Hawky said:

If he died RIGHT NOW, would you cry? 

You’re misunderstanding lmao, I wasn’t questioning whether you would, why would you? I was just saying that you saying that out of nowhere just for a video and making that clear was just a little OTT. Anyway, no harm done or anything let’s drop it lmao, but I was just saying.

3 minutes ago, Jack w said:

I think the scenario is more a case of (if the source isnt lying to dudey)

Family member watches Dudey Rhino for festival content

Family member messages dudey with information he has as he knows he will be interested

dudey rhino asks how much information he can give on video, family member tells him conditions.

also I'm pretty sure the majority of his subscribers are interested in r&l as his old reading vlogs and prep guides picked him up most of his subs as they did much better than most of his videos, so if thats the kind of video that does well it only seems logical to make videos of this sort. 

But why would a family member do that? Hahaha. 

I think it is more someone contacted him claiming to be close to the band. We could have wrote that script.

2 minutes ago, Alfrancis1989 said:

In all honesty when and how do you think they'll do the first announcement??

Welcome to eFests! :)

Either end of next week, or someone has a source saying it may be brits week (but that seems a bit far away imo)

Edited by Mattymooz
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Yuh don't forget he hyped that video you just watched for 24 hours before actually releasing it. Does seem pretty exploitative.