Lineup 2018

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah there’s correlation but that’s because a lot of the time they’re bands that appeal to similar demographics in the same country. Courteeners and Wolf Alice we’ve heard are both playing Reading and Leeds - Liam Gallagher won’t be back as he only played last year and is a headliner now. Krept & Konan and J Hus are likely too.

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Nah won't make a difference at all. Regarding thlsd specific acts (only one of which is headlining btw), Liam Gallagher won't play as he subbed last year, Wolf Alice will most likely be there and we've had info that they're headlining the NME Stage, and Courteeners will probably be there either subbing or third down main.

Cheers guys. As you both say- it’s highly unlikely that LG will be there, but I really hope he is :lol:. Should be interesting to see what slots/stages some of the bands get tbf. 

14 minutes ago, Jane gibbons said:

Check out the radio x rumoured list of headliners

Considering they have Pearl Jam listed as a potential headliner, despite their o2 shows being their only shows of 2018 means the article has 0 credibility :lol:

Radio X

Edit: They mentioned Linkin Park without Chester ...:ph34r:

Edited by Hawky

35 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

but an act being booked at TRNSMT won't affect whether they'll be at R&L or not.

One of the main reasons I've seen people use to explain why AM probably wont be at RnL is that they will play Mad Cool and TRNSMT in early summer and its unlikely for them too play other festivals in the late summer... Does this not apply to Wolf Alice or Courteeners? I know it obviously doesn't just apply to them, but you get the point I'm trying to make :)

2 minutes ago, w0lfalic321 said:

One of the main reasons I've seen people use to explain why AM probably wont be at RnL is that they will play Mad Cool and TRNSMT in early summer and its unlikely for them too play other festivals in the late summer... Does this not apply to Wolf Alice or Courteeners? I know it obviously doesn't just apply to them, but you get the point I'm trying to make :)

That argument only really works with acts that aren't based in the Europe as they don't tend to come over to Europe several times in one Summer. I was going to say the argument doesn't really make sense with AM but I think they might be based in the US now anyway.

Just now, TOMHAMPTON said:

Hey im new here so im sorry if this has been asked. Is there any chance of BROCKHAMPTON playing? They've became super popular the last year (especially with me as you can tell with my username) and I just feel like they're the kind of act R&L would book

Yeah they're a pretty obvious mid-NME booking to make.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They're not only gonna be there this year but for the next two as well. They're pretty much a perfect fit for Reading, for better and for worse.

they'll have about 8 new albums before reading 2020 so there's no issue. probably will end up focusing on solo careers before then though

29 minutes ago, TOMHAMPTON said:

Hey im new here so im sorry if this has been asked. Is there any chance of BROCKHAMPTON playing? They've became super popular the last year (especially with me as you can tell with my username) and I just feel like they're the kind of act R&L would book

They have at least three European dates in august (and I guess the fourth one is coming in a few days) so it's really possible

Edited by aaalive

Guys, sorry for off topic, but may I ask you for some help? If any of you haven't already got tickets to the festival but are going to buy it depending on line up, can you please write me a message here? It'd be REALLY helpful for me

(I'll delete this post in several hours)

9 minutes ago, JoeRousey said:

What’s the likelihood of Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds doing R&L? He’s already booked for Neighbourhood and he’s got a tour during May. 

Co headline with royal blood /bmth maybe but it would be a co headline with a band that is much newer/attracts younger generation and a bit heavier Id guess  but I reckon he'd go down as a good booking with a decent undercard.

Edited by R Shah

18 minutes ago, JoeRousey said:

What’s the likelihood of Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds doing R&L? He’s already booked for Neighbourhood and he’s got a tour during May. 

doubt it. the boring brother wouldn't go down anywhere near as well as liam gallagher last year. (although i wasn't there for it personally so idk what the feel on the ground was)

8 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Co headline with royal blood /bmth maybe but it would be a co headline with a band that is much newer/attracts younger generation and a bit heavier Id guess  but I reckon he'd go down as a good booking with a decent undercard.

Yeah I think NGHFB definitely have a decent Co-headline worthy set with quite a few off their 3 albums and then throwing in some of the Oasis ones as well. Join that with a 1hr 30 Royal Blood set and in my opinion that would be a good night. 

1 minute ago, RedBalloon said:

doubt it. the boring brother wouldn't go down anywhere near as well as liam gallagher last year. (although i wasn't there for it personally so idk what the feel on the ground was)

The atmosphere was immense. Mostly for the old Oasis songs everyone knows as his album hadn't come out though. Noel wouldn't go down anywhere near as well, you're right.

4 minutes ago, RedBalloon said:

Yeah I’ve seen both live (Not at R&L) and Liam definitely had the better crowd. I wouldn’t completely write Noel off though as he was great live. 

24 minutes ago, JoeRousey said:

Yeah I think NGHFB definitely have a decent Co-headline worthy set with quite a few off their 3 albums and then throwing in some of the Oasis ones as well. Join that with a 1hr 30 Royal Blood set and in my opinion that would be a good night. 

NGHFB/Royal Blood Coheadline subbed by Courteeners is a decent shout. Only thing is Courteeners are subbing Liam at TRNSMT so maybe that's a total no no (but then they're co-headlining Neighbourhood with NGHFB)

19 minutes ago, JoeRousey said:

Yeah I’ve seen both (Not at R&L) and Liam definitely had the better crowd. I wouldn’t completely write Noel off though as he was great live. 

Doesn't Noel do more of the popular Oasis songs though? He does DLBIA, Half the world away, Champagne Supernova and Little by Little. The only really popular Oasis song you hear on a Liam Gallagher setlist is Wonderwall, but Noel sings that in his gigs too.

1 minute ago, danz026 said:

Doesn't Noel do more of the popular Oasis songs though? He does DLBIA, Half the world away, Champagne Supernova and Little by Little. The only really popular Oasis song you hear on a Liam Gallagher setlist is Wonderwall, but Noel sings that in his gigs too.

When I seen Noel he did basically all the big ones but also a few other ones such as Talk Tonight and D’Yer Wanna Be A Spaceman. 

3 minutes ago, danz026 said:

Liam tends to do Morning Glory, Live Forever,  Rock 'n' Roll Star, Some Might Say, Wonderwall and Slide Away as well so it probably works out about even.

Just now, mttJ said:

Liam tends to do Morning Glory, Live Forever,  Rock 'n' Roll Star, Some Might Say, Wonderwall and Slide Away as well so it probably works out about even.

Maybe I just have a completely differing view to you as to the relative popularity of different Oasis songs

Hey all. 

Been around for since 2015, figured it was time to finally make an account :P Hate to be the one to drag the conversation off topic, but does anyone have any EU festival recommendations? As well as Leeds and a few other UK fests I'm hoping to get to at least one European festival this year  and was wondering if anyone had any good (or not so good) experiences from any overseas?