Lineup 2018

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Wolf Alice are probably playing so where would they fit on the main stage, third?

Someone on here said that they're headlining the NME, and that he knew for sure. I think everyone's kinda going off of that. But if it was mainstage, then yeah I'd say 3rd.

Edit: beaten to it lmao

Edited by TheWaters

Just now, rfc_478 said:

A poster on here has some info that they were headlining the NME, but if they were on the main stage I'd have thought 3rd down, yes

Just now, TheWaters said:

Someone on here said that they're headlining the NME, and that he knew for sure. I think everyone's kinda going off of that. But if it was mainstage, then yeah I'd say 3rd.

Thanks, only problem is they would clash with a headliner on the NME. I would only watch them if it clashed with Paramore or ID on the co-headline if there is one. If not I probably would wait until they came touring again.

2 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I wouldn't think so, surely wouldn't be any higher than 4th down at this point and I don't know if they'd be happy with that. I'd see it an odd one if they were there, so many other bands that are better that could take the slot. Similar case to Franz Ferdinand, both bigger a few years back, both got new albums, both would probably play 4th or 5th but neither will probably get booked.

Get your point but, you could of said that about Two Door and Jimmy Eat world last year. 

When they played in 2012 they were 3rd down and you can't really say that they're lesser or bigger known now, with all Ricky's TV work. I think 3rd or 4th would suite them well, because they would put on a good show and bring in a good crowd especially at Leeds. 

One observation we have to make is the source reliable or not stating no co-headline. I personally think RB do not have enough songs to headline outright and loved them at the arena tour but at the moment I wouldn't want them as my headliner. Hopefully its someone bigger that headlines outright if its no co-headline.

21 hours ago, j.gibbard said:

I'm only really hoping for AM because my friends who I'm planning on going with have said they're not going if AM aren't playing :P. I do really like them, but I'd be more than happy for it to be Foos, RB and Kendrick

My friends are the same! Only reason I'm hoping they go this year is so they come... I'd be happy with those headliners too 

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

One observation we have to make is the source reliable or not stating no co-headline. I personally think RB do not have enough songs to headline outright and loved them at the arena tour but at the moment I wouldn't want them as my headliner. Hopefully its someone bigger that headlines outright if its no co-headline.

If they have enough songs to coheadline, they have enough songs to headline.

2 minutes ago, Handinho said:

New here so apologies if this has already been asked.

likelihood of catfish being sub-headliner? Also do you think TDCC/Blossoms would return again this year?

Certainly possible for Catfish and Blossoms as I know they're in the process of writing/recording material. Don't know about TDCC as I haven't heard anything about new music and they've had quite big slots two years in a row (but I hope they are there again because they're so good live) 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Handinho said:

New here so apologies if this has already been asked.

likelihood of catfish being sub-headliner? Also do you think TDCC/Blossoms would return again this year?

Hi, welcome to the forum! :)

There's arguments for and against Catfish turning up so I'll let someone else answer that as I'm not completely clear on all the points. Blossoms almost definitely won't be there. Subs and 3rd downs don't tend to return consecutive years, let alone a 3 years in a row.TDCC won't be there for the same reason + Community have them as a UK exclusive so they won't play any other UK festivals.

Edited by TheWaters
  • Upvote 1

So we have 'solid' info suggesting Wolf alice are headlining NME

We also have info stating that there are two main stages this year.

Interesting that we could end up with a festival that has 3 big stages! Especially seen as though the calibre of the NME headliner isn't dropping if Wolf alice are in that slot.

Personally, I can't see it. 

4 minutes ago, Hawky said:

So we have 'solid' info suggesting Wolf alice are headlining NME

We also have info stating that there are two main stages this year.

Interesting that we could end up with a festival that has 3 big stages! Especially seen as though the calibre of the NME headliner isn't dropping if Wolf alice are in that slot.

Personally, I can't see it. 

No idea whether the two stage thing is true, but if it was I'd be surprised if they binned off the NME

36 minutes ago, AM0114 said:

i Can’t not see Royal blood being at randl this year, they would be a weak outright headliner but a really strong sub, I think they’ll conheadline with paramore or imagine dragons and then food and kendrick will be the other headliners

I don’t get this, really. Why do Imagine Dragons have to also headline to validate Royal Blood? Even if nobody is really arsed about Imagine Dragons?

It’s not that they used to have much stronger headliners before they introduced the coheadliner gimmick, you’d just get one new headliner and moan about it a bit until after it happened and you’re like “oh turns out they could do an alright job headlining”. Besides, most of the names that people mention for these ‘outright’ headline status have headlined a bunch of times and are on diminishing returns.

16 minutes ago, rfc_478 said:

No idea whether the two stage thing is true, but if it was I'd be surprised if they binned off the NME

Yeah it’s like one of Europe’s largest indoor stages ain’t it? Or it was. I’d imagine they’d sooner bin off every other tent.

I think Royal Blood would be fine as a solo-headliner, at least it’s something a bit different. Bit underwhelming in terms of size but they have the material to play a 1hr30 gig so can’t see why it’d be any different at a festival. Could always go down the Foos route and prolong every song for 8 minutes if needed anyway.

9 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I was about to say this but realised Muse's 2010 stadium tour (Wembley and LCCC) was in September.

Regardless, I imagine they'll do an arena tour in the Autumn and maybe some stadia alongside Glasto/R&L next Summer.

Yeah I suppose it’s different when there isn’t regular club football at the stadium in question - I guess Twickenham could get away with it too - but I know that The Rolling Stones did a European stadium tour this autumn just gone and had to miss out UK stadiums cos they all get used up around that time.

But yeah they’ll do an arena tour at the end of this year I’m sure, and maybe save stadiums until next year unless they drop one in the middle of their European dates this summer.

Is there any correlation between the acts that play at TRNSMT and those that play at R&L? Headliners for this year include Liam Gallagher, Wolf Alice & Courteeners, whose names have been rumoured for R&L. Question may have been asked before but would this make them more or less likely? 

3 minutes ago, throstle said:

Is there any correlation between the acts that play at TRNSMT and those that play at R&L? Headliners for this year include Liam Gallagher, Wolf Alice & Courteeners, whose names have been rumoured for R&L. Question may have been asked before but would this make them more or less likely? 

Nah won't make a difference at all. Regarding thlsd specific acts (only one of which is headlining btw), Liam Gallagher won't play as he subbed last year, Wolf Alice will most likely be there and we've had info that they're headlining the NME Stage, and Courteeners will probably be there either subbing or third down main.

Edit: Misread your post. Yeah as Dental said there's correlation, but an act being booked at TRNSMT won't affect whether they'll be at R&L or not.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

1 minute ago, throstle said:

Yeah there’s correlation but that’s because a lot of the time they’re bands that appeal to similar demographics in the same country. Courteeners and Wolf Alice we’ve heard are both playing Reading and Leeds - Liam Gallagher won’t be back as he only played last year and is a headliner now. Krept & Konan and J Hus are likely too.