Lineup 2018

There is still a possibility AM will play this year, it's not completely ruled out. It's just not looking likely.

If it's the normal stage setup I can't see past Royal Blood / Imagine Dragons, Kendrick and Foos at this point. Paramore are a possibility but I'd bet on Imagine Dragons to coheadline.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

28 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

MAd Cool & TRNSMT are in early summer. Why would they still be around doing fests at the end of summer too? If I had to guess: TRNSMT, Mad Cool etc. will be hype shows for the album, which comes out in September. They'll then do a UK Stadium tour over the winter, then do Glasto next year. R&L gets them 2020 (maybe the very last show of the tour on this album?)

Might be a bit chilly.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

There is still a possibility AM will play this year, it's not completely ruled out. It's just not looking likely.

If it's the normal stage setup I can't see past Royal Blood / Imagine Dragons, Kendrick and Foos at this point. Paramore are a possibility but I'd bet on Imagine Dragons to coheadline.

TBH I think I'm more in denial about Paramore at this point. I really hope it ain't Imagine Dragons: they only played two years ago, they're Imagine Dragons etc.

Plus FR like Paramore, they don't have any other UK fests they can play anymore really..... I dunnoooooooooooo

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

TBH I think I'm more in denial about Paramore at this point. I really hope it ain't Imagine Dragons: they only played two years ago, they're Imagine Dragons etc.

Plus FR like Paramore, they don't have any other UK fests they can play anymore really..... I dunnoooooooooooo

Yeah but FR also seem to like Imagine Dragons, they've been pushing them up the lineup gradually the last few years and the next logical step would be coheadline. Paramore have already done it which wouldn't look as fresh even though they'd be the better act. Also looking at Imagine Dragons tour dates, they're playing in Austria a week before R&L and Ukraine/Russia a few days after, so it looks as though they'll be in Europe for that whole period.

I know they only played two years ago, but Paramore also only played 2 years before they coheadlined. Just seems the exact sort of booking R&L would make.

Primavera and Flow (a Primavera-style festival in Finland) will announce on monday 22 and Kendrick is very likely for both of them. If R&L announce comes "soon" it's another reason to expect Kendrick in the line up.

Edited by aaalive

18 minutes ago, aaalive said:

Primavera and Flow (a Primavera-style festival in Finland) will announce on monday 22 and Kendrick is very likely for both of them. If R&L announce comes "soon" it's another reason to expect Kendrick in the line up.

I fell kendrick is near enough nailed on. But have to wait and see! Also, you skate bro? 

14 minutes ago, DR OK said:

if kendrick plays reading i am expecting him to be a european exclusive - can't imagine he is cheap

Melvin likes his exclusives - a lot - but I can't really see why he'd bother with paying extra for a european exclusive when that would have minimal impact on sales for R/L, or even really enhance its reputation.

Dudey Rhino's source for his video tonight about some info on whether Arctic Monkey's are playing is from a band member's family member. Anyone recall a family member saying anything? I'll probably still watch the video later, just checking if something like this was already common knowledge (or known on here at least).

Edited by TheWaters

16 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Dudey Rhino's source for his video tonight about some info on whether Arctic Monkey's are playing is from a band member's family member. Anyone recall a family member saying anything? I'll probably still watch the video later, just checking if something like this was already common knowledge (or known on here at least).

His saying on twitter people will hate the news. Im guessing he is going to confirm that AM are not going to R&L? BUT, confirmation from him isn't 100% confirmation is it ;) 

14 minutes ago, Edduk98 said:

His saying on twitter people will hate the news. Im guessing he is going to confirm that AM are not going to R&L? BUT, confirmation from him isn't 100% confirmation is it ;) 

Oh yeah I know don't worry about that, the video more than likely won't influence me in anyway. Guessing it's more for the people who aren't on here and stuff. I was just asking about the family member thing, if it was something that people on here knew about or is this news to people?

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

MAd Cool & TRNSMT are in early summer. Why would they still be around doing fests at the end of summer too? If I had to guess: TRNSMT, Mad Cool etc. will be hype shows for the album, which comes out in September. They'll then do a UK Stadium tour over the winter, then do Glasto next year. R&L gets them 2020 (maybe the very last show of the tour on this album?)

A stadium tour in the winter...?

25 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Oh yeah I know don't worry about that, the video more than likely won't influence me in anyway. Guessing it's more for the people who aren't on here and stuff. I was just asking about the family member thing, if it was something that people on here knew about or is this news to people?

just watched the video, looks like it wasn't from the forums the source clearly messaged him and told him what he's heard. No idea how reliable or true that could be though.

1 hour ago, Hawky said:

This hurts to read, from someone who bought Tramlines festival tickets :lol:.

WHAT A FOOL I AM.

For £30 it is still great value. You can always sell it on if needs be. Maybe we'll end up with the Antarctic Monkeys instead :L they are always playing around Sheffield

Just now, CRW5252 said:

For £30 it is still great value. You can always sell it on if needs be. Maybe we'll end up with the Antarctic Monkeys instead :L they are always playing around Sheffield

Yeah, I know. 

I'm hoping Courteeners headline, I'll be happy with that.

2 minutes ago, Pineapples said:

Any thoughts on Kaiser Cheifs being at r&l? 

Since their Releasing a new album this year, haven't played r&l since 2012 which is a long enough break and played Bingley last year.

I wouldn't think so, surely wouldn't be any higher than 4th down at this point and I don't know if they'd be happy with that. I'd see it an odd one if they were there, so many other bands that are better that could take the slot. Similar case to Franz Ferdinand, both bigger a few years back, both got new albums, both would probably play 4th or 5th but neither will probably get booked.