Lineup 2018

4 hours ago, huntyyy said:

Bear in mind that Arctic Monkeys last show in the UK will have been four years ago (by the time the festival rolls around). 

In that Time Foo Fighters will have played the Invictus Games, Several Stadiums, Glastonbury, The O2 and stadiums this year.

There is demand to see the Foo Fighters, but the current reading generation have had plenty of opportunities to see them. The current Reading Generation has had no opportunity to see the Arctic Monkeys.

Either way, both foo fighters and AM will sell out their days very quickly so both of them would be a very good booking.

• Upvote 1

I think Paramore are looking more likely now as the announcement is looking likely to happen soon after their tour finishes. Foos are definitely more likely than AM, Foo's haven't played for 6 years and won't be around the UK for another couple of years if they pass up this opportunity. Kendrick is very likely imo, and that leaves royal blood if the co headline or support?. For me Foos, Paramore and kendrick are a great set of headliners and will probably sell really well too compared to recent years.

Mad Cool just dropped a massive Arctic Monkeys hint so I'm assuming an announcement must be being made this week. Do you think they'll announce a whole tour at once or drip feed it? This could pretty much rule out AM once they've announced some UK dates/festival other than R&L. 

2 minutes ago, foolee said:

Mad Cool just dropped a massive Arctic Monkeys hint so I'm assuming an announcement must be being made this week. Do you think they'll announce a whole tour at once or drip feed it? This could pretty much rule out AM once they've announced some UK dates/festival other than R&L. 

What was the hint bro?

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, foolee said:

AM are pretty much ruled out anyway. They've been rumoured for Mad Cool, TRNSMT etc. for ages now, and they're all at the other end of the summer.

2 minutes ago, AM0114 said:

You would expect AM to be at glasto next year so you’d think they wouldn’t be at randl as well next year, so would that not make them more likely to play randl this year or else we may be waiting until 2020!

Yeah, 6 year gap between headlining is pretty normal for a band of that size. In saying that, they may be booked to do glasto's anniversary in 2020 so then could headline 2019. I'm expecting them to be 2020 tho

3 minutes ago, AM0114 said:

You would expect AM to be at glasto next year so you’d think they wouldn’t be at randl as well next year, so would that not make them more likely to play randl this year or else we may be waiting until 2020!

You could just go to see AM at one of their own shows or a different festival rather than waiting for them to play R&L's.

5 minutes ago, AM0114 said:

The reason I think they would play this year and not 2020 is because they won’t be touring in 2020, every tour they have ever done only lasts two years so they will start mid 2018 and end winter 2019 xx

• Like 1

Just now, Edduk98 said:

What was the hint bro?

0114 - Sheffield area code

Just now, Mattymooz said:

AM are pretty much ruled out anyway. They've been rumoured for Mad Cool, TRNSMT etc. for ages now, and they're all at the other end of the summer.

I know that but there's a lot of people on here and social media that seem adamant they're going to play so I'd like AM to announce their dates to show those AM believers that they won't be playing R&L this year

7 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

The reason I think they would play this year and not 2020 is because they won’t be touring in 2020, every tour they have ever done only lasts two years so they will start mid 2018 and end winter 2019 xx

Then we may not get them on this album. They may have a new one out in 2020 and we'll get them the first time on that tour. Or they won't be touring and we'll get them exclusive at the very end of the tour like we got with Muse. We defo aint getting them this year.

How can AM playing mad cool rule then out of randl? And what are the chances of AM playing tramlines do you reckon?

MAd Cool & TRNSMT are in early summer. Why would they still be around doing fests at the end of summer too? If I had to guess: TRNSMT, Mad Cool etc. will be hype shows for the album, which comes out in September. They'll then do a UK Stadium tour over the winter, then do Glasto next year. R&L gets them 2020 (maybe the very last show of the tour on this album?)

Edited by Mattymooz

How can AM playing mad cool rule then out of randl? And what are the chances of AM playing tramlines do you reckon?

I've heard tramlines are quite likely for AM, would be a cool return to their hometown

Plus they've just increased the capacity to 50k so it'd make sense 

17 minutes ago, RedBalloon said:

in regards to secret set -

I think The 1975 are a dead cert, they have a new album to promote, probably tour dates AND it sets them up very nicely to headline in 2019.

I'd say The 1975 and BMTH  are the main candidates for a secret set at this point. I'm way more inclined to say it'll be The 1975 though. I've even put their secret set in my prediction haha.

Just because AM are looking likely for Mad Cool and TRNSMT doesn't mean they won't play RandL. In 2014 they toured all through the summer, playing European and American festivals earlier in the summer before playing RandL in august and then going off on a South American tour. Although I'm not convinced they'll be at Reading and Leeds, you can't rule them out completely.

Edited by George Minshall

Just now, George Minshall said:

Just because AM are looking likely for Mad Cool and TRNSMT doesn't mean they won't play RandL. In 2014 they toured all through the summer, playing European and American festivals earlier in the summer before playing RandL in august and then going off on a South American tour. Although I'm not convinced they'll be at Reading and Leeds, you can't rule them out completely.

Oh it aint just that. The owner of this site has been told they ain't playing. R&L wouldbn't book Foos and Arctics in the same year. They probably want someone a bit heavier than Arctics considering the coheadliner options. Arctics only played 4 years ago which aint that long ago (compared to other acts of their size). As said earlier in the thread, they are also rumoured for Tramlines, why would they do fests in Sheffield and Leeds that close to each other?

10 minutes ago, AM0114 said:

How can AM playing mad cool rule then out of randl?

it doesn't, tho it does suggest them as less likely. Band tend to do Europe in either early or late summer, and it looks like AM are doing early summer.

10 minutes ago, AM0114 said:

And what are the chances of AM playing tramlines do you reckon?

slim to none.

4 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Oh it aint just that. The owner of this site has been told they ain't playing. R&L wouldbn't book Foos and Arctics in the same year. They probably want someone a bit heavier than Arctics considering the coheadliner options. Arctics only played 4 years ago which aint that long ago (compared to other acts of their size). As said earlier in the thread, they are also rumoured for Tramlines, why would they do fests in Sheffield and Leeds that close to each other?

I never said it was just that. But that was the logic you used to validate them not playing. Of course there are other factors.You're probably right about them not playing R+L and it'll likely be Kendrick, Foos and Royal Blood/Paramore. I doubt they'll play Tramlines even though Matt Helders is directly involved with that festival tbh