Lineup 2018

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Current rumours/leaks I remember being posted in this forum:

- Kendrick Lamar // Royal Blood // Fall Out Boy // Imagine Dragons (+ 2 more, maybe BMTH

- Arctic Monkeys // Green Day // Kendrick Lamar

- Kendrick Lamar // Paramore // Foo Fighters

- Kendrick Lamar to headline (from efestivals rumours page)

Did I miss any?

Either way, Kendrick is in every single one so hopefullyyyyyyy

Second one was ruled out and where did that third one come from?

There was also Arctic Monkeys + Royal Blood + Fall Out Boy from Hunty.

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Even if the Vaccines are playing they'll just be down as a special guest until after Communit sells out/close to the time like alt-J were when they subbed.

Latitude and R&L had shared acts before, though. Community has obviously only been on for one year so we can't come to any solid conclusions, but they may have a different approach with it than Latitude. It's much more similar to R&L in terms of acts than Latitude is, so they're probably more likely to lose punters from there to R&L than they are to lose them from Latitude to R&L.

13 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Current rumours/leaks I remember being posted in this forum:

- Kendrick Lamar // Royal Blood // Fall Out Boy // Imagine Dragons (+ 2 more, maybe BMTH

- Arctic Monkeys // Green Day // Kendrick Lamar

- Kendrick Lamar // Paramore // Foo Fighters

- Kendrick Lamar to headline (from efestivals rumours page)

Did I miss any?

Either way, Kendrick is in every single one so hopefullyyyyyyy

Don’t forget that Foo Fighters are strongly rumoured to headline according to the efestivals rumours page

33 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Well, this year would be a great time to try shake things up as there is a bigger market to try it out and maybe keep them on the hook for next year. And if we get more headliners then it promises more variety going forward. I don’t agree that six coheadliners would be a bad thing; back in the day there would be three headliners every year, sure, but how many of those would’ve been coheadliners if they thought about doing that earlier? Doesn’t make them any stronger that they got to start playing later.

Another plus side I’ve figured out to another stage is that main stage shows won’t get ruined by people waiting for the next act cos they probably won’t be waiting at the front of the alternate stage.

I suppose it is a double edged sword. 

If it materialised that there are 6 headliners, 3 big names (FF, Kendrick, Florence) and three lesser names (Royal Blood, BMTH, Paramore) nobody can really complain! If it transpires that ID, Paramore, FOB, BMTH, Royal Blood etc are 5 of the top 6 bands on the bill, I'll be a little miffed given the artists that are around and touring this year. (AM, FF, Kendrick etc)

25 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Cant see The Vaccines being there this year to be honest. Last year none of the bigger acts at Community were at R&L (Catfish, Wombats, NBT, Slaves) and The Vaccines subbing Community this year makes it unlikely for me

True, but 3 of those had played Reading in 2016.

I’d be surprised if the Vaccines didn’t show up somewhere. They’ve always played R&L off the back of a new album 

I don't know if an image has been posted but that's the sort of layout it would be, as @Gucci Piggy says. Personally I think it's brilliant, and works perfectly, I even saw The XX waiting at the side of the stage at Lollapalooza watching the end of Foos  before they started playing :lol: You can get a few more acts on the main stage because there's no changeover time, and it doesn't really require too much extra room, the same space (more or less) is used for the crowd, you just need the extra stage. 

The other thing it's great for is if a headliners due to be on at say 22:00, then the sub is likely on 19:30-20:45 to allow changeover (give or take). But now that slot can be for the third down and the subs playing in the dark right upto 22:00! which massively improved the atmosphere at the festivals I've been to with this structure. 

I wouldn't think this means there'll be six bonafide headliners, but maybe stronger subs because they'd effectively be last on MS2, whereas third down is subbing MS1. If it does happen I can't really see a drawback, other than maybe more clashes between the mainS and the other tents. I'd definitely be more inclined to part with money for a ticket if this is the layout! 

IMG_2693.PNG

Edited by alexlloyd
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

I don't know if an image has been posted but that's the sort of layout it would be, as @Gucci Piggy says. Personally I think it's brilliant, and works perfectly, I even saw The XX waiting at the side of the stage at Lollapalooza watching the end of Foos  before they started playing :lol: You can get a few more acts on the main stage because there's no changeover time, and it doesn't really require too much extra room, the same space (more or less) is used for the crowd, you just need the extra stage. 

The other thing it's great for is if a headliners due to be on at say 22:00, then the sub is likely on 19:30-20:45 to allow changeover (give or take). But now that slot can be for the third down and the subs playing in the dark right upto 22:00, which massively improved the atmosphere at the festivals it's been used at for me! 

I wouldn't think this means there'll be six bonafide headliners, but maybe stronger subs because they'd effectively be last on MS2, whereas third down is subbing MS1. If it does happen I can't really see a drawback, other than maybe more clashes between the mainS and the other tents. I'd definitely be more inclined to part with money for a ticket if this is the layout! 

IMG_2693.PNG

That would certainly be reshreshing, and I would support that.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Second one was ruled out and where did that third one come from?

There was also Arctic Monkeys + Royal Blood + Fall Out Boy from Hunty.

That third one was posted in this thread (cant remember who it was though) in the middle of the two stage discussion.

38 minutes ago, Kurt Darmanin said:

Don’t forget that Foo Fighters are strongly rumoured to headline according to the efestivals rumours page

That SR was just based on what we have gathered here (gap in tour dates, not played in a while etc.). Pixies was based off them posting the lineup photos. Kendrick, however, is based on a source apparently

1 hour ago, BeddingatReading said:

Cant see The Vaccines being there this year to be honest. Last year none of the bigger acts at Community were at R&L (Catfish, Wombats, NBT, Slaves) and The Vaccines subbing Community this year makes it unlikely for me

Catfish weren't at Reading cause they were touring USA with Green Day; Slaves and NBT were playing in '15 and '16, Wombats were subbing the NME in '16 so it made them less likely appearing in '17 lineup

so I guess it's not connected to Community at all

Edited by aaalive

3 minutes ago, Boba73 said:

Anyone thinking Artic Monkeys aren‘t in the running is living in a dream world. New album on the way, loads of history with Reading and more hits than Kendrick fucking Lamar could hope for. SR.

They're in the running yeah, just don't think they're gonna be there this year.

Also come back when you've seen Arctics give a performance anywhere close to this https://www.theverge.com/2016/2/15/11004624/grammys-2016-watch-kendrick-lamar-perform-alright-the-blacker-the-berry

Right so I can see Scarlxrd being booked. He’s blowing up right now and has been for a few months, he’s British and he’s just started doing live shows. My only thing is where the fuck would he play? I feel like he might be a bit too heavy for 1Xtra but I don’t think he’s quite heavy enough to play the Lock Up. What do people think?

for people who haven’t heard his stuff:

Here’s a song where it’s more rap

Here’s a song that I don’t think is quite suited to 1Xtra (like most of his stuff tbf)

Edited by Jayvk
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

Right so I can see Scarlxrd being booked. He’s blowing up right now and has been for a few months, he’s British and he’s just started doing live shows. My only thing is where the fuck would he play? I feel like he might be a bit too heavy for 1Xtra but I don’t think he’s quite heavy enough to play the Lock Up. What do people think?

for people who haven’t heard his stuff:

Here’s a song where it’s more rap

Here’s a song that I don’t think is quite suited to 1Xtra (like most of his stuff tbf)

I remember him when he was an innocent vlogger and friends with Zoella haha

20 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I remember him when he was an innocent vlogger and friends with Zoella haha

I only discovered him when he started music and I thought “wow this guy’s pretty cool” so I looked him up, and saw that he used to be a bit of a cringe slightly emo vlogger with a strong brummie accent. Was not expecting that hahah.

44 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Arctics would probably be a better booking than Foo's really, right on the back of a new album rather than Foo's at the back end of a touring cycle. Maybe I'm underestimating Foo's dadrock appeal.

Isn't this gonna be the first summer touring the album?

Im still scratching my head at how the 2 main stages would work. How would the crowd alternate between the 2 stages? If they're side by side you're gonna get a pretty awful spot if you're close to one stage whilst the acts alternate onto the other stage or is this just a sacrifice you'll have to make?

Edited by Huevos

Nine Inch Nails playing Tokjo the week before Leeds, surely they cannot play after the toys out of the pram incident last time? 

Ps - I couldn't name one Kendrick Lamar song, and none of my mates could name any either. Must be one for the 16-24 market. 

Edited by she bangs the drums
Spelling

If you compare what we think to last years lineup it's overall better. In Hip Hop Kendrick is proabably the best and would do a much better set than what Eminem did with him being his comparison. Foo's probably trump Kasabian though I like then. Muse I would say is just below however on the lineup would be compared to RB - Co-headline and Muse are stronger in that sense. I think for money's worth it's great like last year and a good lineup for neutral. What do you think?

21 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

If you compare what we think to last years lineup it's overall better. In Hip Hop Kendrick is proabably the best and would do a much better set than what Eminem did with him being his comparison. Foo's probably trump Kasabian though I like then. Muse I would say is just below however on the lineup would be compared to RB - Co-headline and Muse are stronger in that sense. I think for money's worth it's great like last year and a good lineup for neutral. What do you think?

Depends what you think of some of the acts. Liam Gallagher & Two Door played last year, and my entire life would be made if they played this year. 

Having said that, there’s no denying that if AM/Foos/Kendrick headlined then that would be massive.

1 hour ago, she bangs the drums said:

Nine Inch Nails playing Tokjo the week before Leeds, surely they cannot play after the toys out of the pram incident last time? 

Ps - I couldn't name one Kendrick Lamar song, and none of my mates could name any either. Must be one for the 16-24 market. 

I love them but I can't see NIN playing ever again, didn't they get very thin crowds last time as well?

8 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Arctics would probably be a better booking than Foo's really, right on the back of a new album rather than Foo's at the back end of a touring cycle. Maybe I'm underestimating Foo's dadrock appeal.

Sorry but i disagree with this so much! Foos album came out last year and theres tones of people that want to see them live, let alone their new songs. They will also sell tickets so quick like there other headlines at the 3 stadiums in June this year. I feel there is a reason they havant booked anything this summer is because they are coming to R&L. Also, people are just assuming AM are coming to R&L because they are back. Yes they would be good but foos are a much better headline than AM this year. I feel AM will be around Europe and the UK for the next few years whereas foos wont be coming back for a few years imo.