Lineup 2018

7 minutes ago, Odessa said:

You made it? It looks properly legit. Worryingly so cos it's shit.

Yeah. I didn’t spread it tho obvs, just made it on the prediction thread cos we had some word that there may be two main stages. Some other bozo saw the obvious fake and tried to pass it off as a real ‘leak’ for whatever reason people do that.

wrt the acts; the guy who gave us the two stages info has form for giving us some good (and some bad) info in recent years and he named Royal Blood, Kendrick, Imagine Dragons, FOB and PATD (with an offer to BMTH). We’ve had a couple of sets of rumoured headliners since then though. Silly season basically.

Florence was my own addition in place of BMTH cos it’s way too sausage with those six.

Edited by dentalplan

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah. I didn’t spread it tho obvs, just made it on the prediction thread cos we had some word that there may be two main stages. Some other bozo saw the obvious fake and tried to pass it off as a real ‘leak’ for whatever reason people do that.

wrt the acts; the guy who gave us the two stages info has form for giving us some good (and some bad) info in recent years and he named Royal Blood, Kendrick, Imagine Dragons, FOB and PATD (with an offer to BMTH). We’ve had a couple of sets of rumoured headliners since then though. Silly season basically.

Hmmm. That could end up ok. Kendrick is obviously great and I have a soft spot for FOB still. Although their brand new stuff is horrendous I do like all of their previous albums except the 2013 one which only has a few decent songs. PATD I never really got into but unexpectedly really enjoyed them at Leeds in 2015. 

Cheers for the update anyway, this thread is absolute chaos hahaha I think I'll leave it now til there's something concrete.

12 minutes ago, Dan Wilcox said:

Saw First Aid Kit on Graham Norton the other night, back in the UK for fests in the summer, would R/L book them? Could see them high NME or a strong FR headliner. 

Maybe not impossible but I’d think ‘em more likely for higher slots at smaller festivals, maybe ones more suited to folk music.

28 minutes ago, K_Riss said:

4 questions...

The xx?
Metronomy?
Tame Impala?
The 1975?

Very excited for Foos and Kendrick. Saw Foos at Glasto and it was incredible! Seeing Kendrick in Birmingham next month :)

Don't think any of them are too likely I'm afraid. Metronomy maybe, but the others I highly doubt.

45 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Maybe not impossible but I’d think ‘em more likely for higher slots at smaller festivals, maybe ones more suited to folk music.

Figured this. They're getting good mainstream recognition the last couple years so was hoping R/L might be interested. 

35 minutes ago, K_Riss said:

4 questions...

The xx?
Metronomy?
Tame Impala?
The 1975?

Very excited for Foos and Kendrick. Saw Foos at Glasto and it was incredible! Seeing Kendrick in Birmingham next month :)

The xx would take a high slot and I don't think they'd be one of the fests top choices. More likely to headline a smaller fest.

Metronomy always in with a shout but have nothing announced passed their South American dates in the spring.

Tame Impala again would take a high slot and don't seem too active this summer, more likely for 19/20 if at all, and would be at least a sub I'd imagine.

1975, supposedly have no dates till October, everyone thinks they're nailed on to headline 2019. Could do the secret set thing this year if anything as they'll be promoting the new album around the time. 

who does everyone think the secret set might be this year? i could see The 1975 taking it & id honestly hope it’s them too

and out of curiosity, what’s the point of the secret set? surely if it ends up being a big name act then R&L are missing out on more potential sales by not announcing them prior

24 minutes ago, Dan Wilcox said:

1975, supposedly have no dates till October, everyone thinks they're nailed on to headline 2019. Could do the secret set thing this year if anything as they'll be promoting the new album around the time. 

1975 or BMTH both make sense for the secret set tbh. Dunno Which we will get, but I'm pretty sure we will get one of them

2 minutes ago, matty13 said:

and out of curiosity, what’s the point of the secret set? surely if it ends up being a big name act then R&L are missing out on more potential sales by not announcing them prior

If they announced them prior then you'd have to bill them appropriately. It's a way of convincing larger acts to play earlier in the day (and maybe for less money) and in return they get the publicity. Plus it's a good way of generating hype as people talk about who it may be, try and find clues etc.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jack w said:

how confident are you feeling about this info from your source?

He's not been wrong before. Although hours before, he said "last I heard it was Green Day, Kendrick, and probably Arctics, just awaiting confirmation." Then he said "ignore all that" a few hours later, and gave the 2 stage thing and FOB/Panic/RB/ID etc. 

I'd say 100% if he just gave the list of acts, but the 2 stage thing is admittedly head-scratching. And he seems to have now gone quiet. 

2 minutes ago, Dan Wilcox said:

He's not been wrong before. Although hours before, he said "last I heard it was Green Day, Kendrick, and probably Arctics, just awaiting confirmation." Then he said "ignore all that" a few hours later, and gave the 2 stage thing and FOB/Panic/RB/ID etc. 

I'd say 100% if he just gave the list of acts, but the 2 stage thing is admittedly head-scratching. And he seems to have now gone quiet. 

Green Day would be amazing! (Gloucester same as me mate)

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

@eFestivals it happened again, the address is at the top. Keep getting it, first time in like a week.

sorry about that.

But ads have been turned off since this morning (because of this problem), so this must have come from or via your browser's cache.

Please clear the cache in your browser and fingers crossed the problem should go away.

edit: I see that the screenshot is from 9.40am, which is probably before the ads were turned off - so maybe it's stopped for you without having to clear your cache?

Edited by eFestivals