Lineup 2018

8 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

After a quick three announcements TRNSMT has stopped with two left. Any significance they have done this? Seems strange they do pretty much weekly then stop...

xmas.

Traditionally, too, the major agents have an extra long holiday, and (given the lack of news the last two weeks for gigs as well as festies) I reckon they've not started back at work until this week.

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

xmas.

Traditionally, too, the major agents have an extra long holiday, and (given the lack of news the last two weeks for gigs as well as festies) I reckon they've not started back at work until this week.

So when should we expect the next one for that? Which could give us a better opinion on who will and probably isn't.

8 hours ago, R Shah said:

Every time they've been in the UK recently to do something (apart from Glasto and their actual tour dates in 2015) they've done something secret .

When they played the O2, they opened up their own pub and went there to surprise fans one night .

When they announced glasto, they played a secret gig in Somerset.

When they headlined invictus games closing ceremony, they did 3 gigs in clubs under the name 'the holy shits.'

Surely they wouldn't come all this way just for the Brits right? I mean they would, but there's gotta be some secret gigs going on surely or something r+l related.

Not something that previous headliners have ever really committed to. There could be a one-off kept fairly under the radar at the Rivermead, but seems a bit of a stretch.

If they do opt for secret gigs, expect small shows in London again.

3 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Have you heard this or just predicting this

Heard Arctic Monkeys, Fall Out Boy and Royal blood are playing - put 2 and 2 together with Dan Wilcox' info. I've heard a lot of duff stuff the last couple of years so don't read too much into it.

13 minutes ago, huntyyy said:

Heard Arctic Monkeys, Fall Out Boy and Royal blood are playing - put 2 and 2 together with Dan Wilcox' info. I've heard a lot of duff stuff the last couple of years so don't read too much into it.

“don’t read too much into it”

Bruh you just gave the first positive rumour of Arctic Monkeys. This place is about to blow.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Wakey321 said:

Trnsmt, Leeds and Reading and Primavera are 100%.

Other than those I believe a couple more European Festivals are to be announced. 

Also, from the Primavera thread re: Arctic Monkeys.

There's noise around them playing Reading (other than the R&L Twitter feed)

Edited by huntyyy

2 minutes ago, huntyyy said:

Also, from the Primavera thread re: Arctic Monkeys.

There's noise around them playing Reading (other than the R&L Twitter feed)

Hmm they’ve long been unlikely for Primavera tho, the gaffer there even ruled them out at one point. We will only have a few days to wait to see if that guy knows his shit.

6 minutes ago, throstle said:

New to this forum, but what's the likelihood of acts that played last year at R&L to return? Like Liam Gallagher, he released a new album after R&L and has toured since? 

Extremely unlikely. Basically 0% for a sub.

Also, welcome to the forum.

Edited by Dangerbreaks

Why is no one mentioning  Kaleo in there line-ups I think there a straight on reading & leeds band maybe because they haven't been before but I think there in for a shout as there due a festival in the UK this summer look at these dates? 

06Jul -Open'er Festival

14Jul-Mad Cool Festival

21Jul-Lollapalooza Paris

22Jul-Lollapalooza Paris

08Aug-Stars in Town

18 Aug- frequency festival Austria

There due an English festival and there around Europe as you can see so I don't see why not?

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, throstle said:

Cheers mate.

First R&L this year and currently wishing I went last year. Struggling to get hyped with some of the rumours tbh.  

Welcome dude! What kind of bands you into then? What would you be hyped for? Like im super hyped for foos and if they get announced im going to hit the roof haha!! 

1 minute ago, Edduk98 said:

Welcome dude! What kind of bands you into then? What would you be hyped for? Like im super hyped for foos and if they get announced im going to hit the roof haha!! 

Thanks for the welcome! Mainly indie/rock. Bands like TDCC, High Tyde, even AM do it for me. Foos would be a quality atmosphere, though I'm not massive on them. 

Just now, throstle said:

Thanks for the welcome! Mainly indie/rock. Bands like TDCC, High Tyde, even AM do it for me. Foos would be a quality atmosphere, though I'm not massive on them. 

Yeah thats fair enough! AM are slightly rumoured but thats more of a waiting game im afraid :/ Im sure there will be some bands for you! They have loads but cant really say much other than join in with the hype and wait to see the lineup :)

Just now, Edduk98 said:

Yeah thats fair enough! AM are slightly rumoured but thats more of a waiting game im afraid :/ Im sure there will be some bands for you! They have loads but cant really say much other than join in with the hype and wait to see the lineup :)

Cheers bud, either way it'll be quality atmosphere wise.