Lineup 2018

31 minutes ago, Aech said:

I don't think he ever officially left though, just said he'd had a good run with AC/DC and implied he wasn't returning. He left because of hearing problems mostly to do with racing but I know for a fact he was back at the race track a few months before R&L and then appeared there himself so I wouldn't say AC/DC is completely gone yet.

I think the circumstances of all the members, Angus aside, that they had five years ago now leaving the band it’s unlikely they’ll bother regrouping and playing ever again. Unless it’s Angus and a load of hired guns (and the one from Guns) and no one really wants that.

21 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Just ask Andy Copping! :lol: 

I mean he patronise you for 20mins, attempt to degrade you, but then he'll tell you all about his favourite ever booking. That whole "we need to bring our own stage" was ludicrous. 

I would but he blocked me on Twitter for calling him a dickhead or something and telling him to book Tool.

2 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

“Ya batty” calling someone a batty is offensive and homophobic but whatever, all I did was ask one question. 

Pretty sure "relax ya batty" was meant to mean "relax your ass" in this scenario. It has two meanings.

1 minute ago, BeddingatReading said:

“Ya batty” calling someone a batty is offensive and homophobic but whatever, all I did was ask one question. 

Interesting interpretation.

If I had used a comma to separate 'relax' and 'ya batty' you would be correct however in this instance 'batty', means arse, so I'm essentially saying 'calm your arse down' which isn't an insult, or homophobic. 

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Pretty sure "relax ya batty" was meant to mean "relax your ass" in this scenario. It has two meanings.

If that is the case then I apologise, obviously means different things in different parts of the country, down here batty is an insulting term against gay people 

1 minute ago, BeddingatReading said:

If that is the case then I apologise, obviously means different things in different parts of the country, down here batty is an insulting term against gay people 

I've lived all over the UK and everyone knows Ali G.

1 minute ago, Hawky said:

I've lived all over the UK and everyone knows Ali G.

I know who Ali G is but I’ve barely watched it. I’ve only known batty as the term against homosexuals and to say someone’s a bit crazy usually with old women. I’m assuming the whole batty meaning arse is related to the slur though but whatever I guess, people are entitled to their opinions on what’s appropriate. 

2 minutes ago, leej7 said:

Hmm i haven't really been following that thread, the next concert one?

Screenshot_20180115-225114.jpg

Yeah, the way that website works is that it guesses what acts are gonna go on tour soon and sells you tickets early for a markup, then when they actually get the tickets, they just give them to you first.

They're advertising Daft Punk and Oasis shows as well on their website soooo

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

In the movie he goes around calling people “batty boys” so I would take it as meaning the homophobic thing. Not that I don’t enjoy the movie, it’s just times have changed.

Relax ya batty comes from batty crease meaning arse, that's how I always construed it. 

Admittedly "batty boys" is derogatory , and offensive. 

Anyway, back to the thread.

3 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

I know who Ali G is but I’ve barely watched it. I’ve only known batty as the term against homosexuals and to say someone’s a bit crazy usually with old women. I’m assuming the whole batty meaning arse is related to the slur though but whatever I guess, people are entitled to their opinions on what’s appropriate. 

Let's drop it.

I didn't mean to cause offence, nor did I mean for it to go on so long, I only intended to point out that the festivals you mentioned don't normally announce early.

• Like 1

Let's drop it.

I didn't mean to cause offence, nor did I mean for it to go on so long, I only intended to point out that the festivals you mentioned don't normally announce early.

The irony though that your post was about people fishing for problems and it’s caused a problem haha

But yeah no harm done consider it dropped. Back on to the forum as usual

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I could see Foos doing something different from the norm to either announce themselves or to tease it, just can't see that being a confirmation at the BRITS.

Every time they've been in the UK recently to do something (apart from Glasto and their actual tour dates in 2015) they've done something secret .

When they played the O2, they opened up their own pub and went there to surprise fans one night .

When they announced glasto, they played a secret gig in Somerset.

When they headlined invictus games closing ceremony, they did 3 gigs in clubs under the name 'the holy shits.'

Surely they wouldn't come all this way just for the Brits right? I mean they would, but there's gotta be some secret gigs going on surely or something r+l related.

Edited by R Shah

16 minutes ago, leej7 said:

Hmm i haven't really been following that thread, the next concert one?

Screenshot_20180115-225114.jpg

I saw this on my FB earlier and my arse fell out, I've bought Tramlines tickets and this news would most likely rule them out BUT as someone mentioned, their website is a sham.

Edited by Hawky

I saw this on my FB early and my arse fell out, I've bought Tramlines tickets and this news would most likely rule them out BUT as someone mentioned, their website is a sham.

Yeah it's my bad for not scouting out what's been about and doing some digging before posting. The open game continues...

10 minutes ago, Jane gibbons said:

Maybe killers? 

Headlining IOW, won't be them.

I don't think there's really any other huge options, other than maybe Drake/Kanye but they wouldn't be booked if they've also got Kendrick.

There's only a small amount of acts of that size who would play R&L, so it's not really surprising that when you rule out the three most suggested acts who could take on that role there's not a lot of other options. Same as last year if you'd ruled out Eminem and Muse there'd be like no options left for it who weren't already booked up elsewhere or not touring.

Realistically there's no chance they don't have one of Foos or AM so it's a moot point.