Lineup 2018

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Ahh yeah I was probably thinking about Dan's info.

Aye you're probably right, I feel like there'll be announcements before then too. It's just that Foos seem to love being pretty involved in their own announcements for festivals, it wouldn't surprise me if it happened.

I could see Foos doing something different from the norm to either announce themselves or to tease it, just can't see that being a confirmation at the BRITS.

Just now, RUMINE said:

In the past they've done a heads up, pre-announcement announcement usually, but with PR changing could be anyone's guess I presume... Maybe that 'early 2018' tweet is as much of a heads up as we're gonna get :/

Nah we'll defo at least get something telling us it's coming this week or something.

34 minutes ago, RUMINE said:

Do we know who the new PR company is and if they have a history of anything like that (Foos live announcement)

Yes the new PR company has been confirmed. They have a number of other festivals as well as R&L. They are more responsible for the content that goes out to publications and other medias. Maybe not so much a band live announcing such as the Foos. It depends on the bid they put in to win over Festival Republic and what they promised. 

4 minutes ago, Atomheartmother said:

who does everyone think as nme headliners? also do you reckon slaves will be at reading this year? 

I'm currently predicting the NME headliners to be Silk City, Wolf Alice and Post Malone, but there's plenty of other names being thrown about. There has been info that Wolf Alice have been booked to headline the stage so I'd say they're pretty certain.

Yeah Slaves could possibly make an appearance but wouldn't be surprised if not, they've kinda dropped off a bit the last year or so.

Just now, OscarEB said:

Annie Mac has an announcement between 7-9pm tonight regarding “exciting bands” and an “event”

Would be different but could she be announcing the first few acts? She was very secretive about the announcement 

Probably her malta fest I would imagine

EDIT: Think she has close ties to Lovebox too so could be that

Edited by Mattymooz

16 minutes ago, Atomheartmother said:

who does everyone think as nme headliners? also do you reckon slaves will be at reading this year? 

Not big enough anymore. They headlined 2000trees last year and that's around NME sub level. Haven't done much since then

EDIT: Just had a re read and got this wrong. Yeah, I guess they could play somewhere 

4 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Probably her malta fest I would imagine

Main bulk has already been announced but isn't that mainly DJs though. Though I doubt it'd be R&L. Might be that new BBC fest 

EDIT: I think BBC have been planning a new festival at least. 

Edited by justanothername

1 minute ago, justanothername said:

Not big enough anymore. They headlined 2000trees last year and that's around NME sub level. 

think they meant making an appearance in general, not specifically NME headliner

1 minute ago, justanothername said:

Main bulk has already been announced but isn't that mainly DJs though. Though I doubt it'd be R&L. Might be that new BBC fest 

Think they usually have a live stage, tho I still ain't sure I'd call them bands. The big weekend is a good shout tho