Lineup 2018

3 minutes ago, shammie1 said:

Is the two stage headliner thing an actual rumour or did dentalplan make it up to throw people off? Haven’t been able to keep up with this forum recently, thanks

Yeah it's a rumour that's come from a guy who's given us some correct info and some false info over the last few years, so it's difficult to know whether this info is true. Personally I can't see why they'd do it so I reckon it's false.

• Like 1

It's officially mid January today, no announcements from AM or R+L which are both rumoured to be announcing "mid Jan"... Getting more and more frustrated by the day, especially seeing as I shit myself every time one of those convincing fakes pop up (the Pale Waves one yesterday and now that 6 headliner one) I'd definitely have fallen for one of those if I hadn't enabled tweet notifications on for the festival 

Just now, RUMINE said:

It's officially mid January today, no announcements from AM or R+L which are both rumoured to be announcing "mid Jan"... Getting more and more frustrated by the day, especially seeing as I shit myself every time one of those convincing fakes pop up (the Pale Waves one yesterday and now that 6 headliner one) I'd definitely have fallen for one of those if I hadn't enabled tweet notifications on for the festival 

Welcome to efests!

There's been absolutely no rumour that R&L would be announcing mid jan. They posted that the first announcement was coming early 2018, but that could mean any time from January till March really. I imagine we'll have something by the BRITS at the latest, but certainly looks like it'll still be at least another week till we get anything.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Welcome to efests!

There's been absolutely no rumour that R&L would be announcing mid jan. They posted that the first announcement was coming early 2018, but that could mean any time from January till March really. I imagine we'll have something by the BRITS at the latest, but certainly looks like it'll still be at least another week till we get anything.

Cheers mate, been lurking for ages but haven't been able to stay away this last week haha

Fair enough I guess, probably just me getting over excited and misreading R+L's tweet... What makes the BRITS so important in terms of the lineup release? Sorry if this has been answered already.

6 minutes ago, RUMINE said:

Cheers mate, been lurking for ages but haven't been able to stay away this last week haha

Fair enough I guess, probably just me getting over excited and misreading R+L's tweet... What makes the BRITS so important in terms of the lineup release? Sorry if this has been answered already.

Think there's been a rumour (can't remember who from now) that Foos are gonna self-confirm themselves when they perform at the BRITs, and then assumably R&L will announce more acts at the same time. It's difficult to say though because they've clearly changed how they're announcing things this year so they might announce a few before that, or that might not happen at all. There's also speculation that something could come the last week of January as that's when Paramore's tour ends and a lot of people are predicting them to play.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Think there's been a rumour (can't remember who from now) that Foos are gonna self-confirm themselves when they perform at the BRITs, and then assumably R&L will announce more acts at the same time. It's difficult to say though because they've clearly changed how they're announcing things this year so they might announce a few before that, or that might not happen at all. There's also speculation that something could come the last week of January as that's when Paramore's tour ends and a lot of people are predicting them to play.

Plus end of Jan is payday (but then again, so is the Brits)

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Do we know who the new PR company is and if they have a history of anything like that (Foos live announcement)

Just now, dentalplan said:

I would say it’s less ‘Brits week’ and more ‘typical third announcement week’. Foos performing is just a happy coincidence; I don’t expect them to self confirm in the middle of the show personally, but they did it that way for Glasto a few years ago so I suppose it’s a possibility.

Just seems such a Foo Fighters thing to do, like finish their performance and announce that they'll be returning to headline R&L, then a few minutes later R&L announce the lineup. Would be good publicity considering the amount of people that will be watching the BRITs.

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I would say it’s less ‘Brits week’ and more ‘typical third announcement week’. Foos performing is just a happy coincidence; I don’t expect them to self confirm in the middle of the show personally, but they did it that way for Glasto a few years ago so I suppose it’s a possibility.

With Glasto they also sent out postcard/ticket things to some fans with a pyramid on and the glasto dates IIRC? could be a possibility of this sort of 'viral' campaign again I suppose if this new PR company is wanting to make a big first impression

C48Xwy1WcAIvFxx (1).jpg

Edited by RUMINE
Picture for reference

19 minutes ago, RUMINE said:

i reckon it won't happen before next week, cos then the tickets will go on sale around pay-day.

6 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I don't think that was ever rumoured, just some people speculated that they might (presumably because they did so in 2015 with Glasto). We got the info from Dan about it coming in the BRITS week, however.

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Just seems such a Foo Fighters thing to do, like finish their performance and announce that they'll be returning to headline R&L, then a few minutes later R&L announce the lineup. Would be good publicity considering the amount of people that will be watching the BRITs.

I don't think R&L is a big enough deal for that. Glasto headliner announcements are national news stuff, and a huge amount of people watching the BRITS would be interested in that. I doubt many people watching the BRITS have a care in the world who's at R&L.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Seems weird to switch PR companies and change the way they announce stuff only to take it away from the PR firm and hand it over to Foo Fighters to take care of.

1 minute ago, RUMINE said:

With Glasto they also send out postcard/ticket things to some fans right with a pyramid on and the glasto dates IIRC? could be a possibility of this sort of 'viral' campaign again I suppose if this new PR company is wanting to make a big first impression

Who? Foos? I think that was for the gig where they confirmed Glastonbury, that was their PR I believe and not Glastonbury’s.

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

I don't think that was ever rumoured, just some people speculated that they might (presumably because they did so in 2015 with Glasto). We got the info from Dan about it coming in the BRITS week, however.

I don't think R&L is a big enough deal for that. Glasto headliner announcements are national news stuff, and a huge amount of people watching the BRITS would be interested in that. I doubt many people watching the BRITS have a care in the world who's at R&L.

Ahh yeah I was probably thinking about Dan's info.

Aye you're probably right, I feel like there'll be announcements before then too. It's just that Foos seem to love being pretty involved in their own announcements for festivals, it wouldn't surprise me if it happened.