Lineup 2018

36 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Yeah I tweet him occasionally so stuff is slightly more accurate. TBH I also don't see why I should be doing his work for him when he's getting paid for it and I aint :P But yah, at least he can help get the truth out there

Who does he get paid by? If you are refering to his ad revenue on Youtube that will be very low considering he doesn't really get much views.

Edited by CRW5252

4 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

Who does he get paid by? If you are refering to his ad revenue on Youtube that will be very low considering he doesn't really got much views.

I assume he gets enough though as doesn't he basically do this as a living? If not then I take that back

Also just realised I have been calling him Dudley rhino all this time when it's Dudey without the L mb

• Like 1

Just now, Mattymooz said:

I assume he gets enough though as doesn't he basically do this as a living? If not then I take that back

Also just realised I have been calling him Dudley rhino all this time when it's Dudey without the L mb

nah i saw in a stream the other day he works at pets at home and runs a fitness business or something apparently. 

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Yeah no way can someone with only what 5k subscribers do that full time. Out of curiosity does Neil do this full time?

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Nah, you would need a lot more views to get enough to live off the money. I reckon he earns £100 a month max from YT.  Probably much less.

Hey everyone, Sheldon, host from SoundCheck and currently a very hated man on the internet, here! Enjoyed reading these comments during the lineup fiasco. Just wanted to clarify I few things on here as this is where the majority of discussion was - appreciate there's been another leak so I won't post anything after this to avoid taking up more of the feed than we already have! TLDR: Went well, had fun, no harm intended.

We never intended the mock lineup to go any further than Reddit and it was purely to see if anyone read as far down to our name and checked us out. The Bicep thing was totally unplanned and I was actually kind of mortified when we saw what he'd commented because we knew it was going to be picked up on. We didn't convince many here, but some said the lineup was disappointing, this was genuinely intended to be the case and tbf I usually find the first announcement to be lack lustre compared to the final poster although I do believe all acts have a chance to play and they're all worth checking out if you haven't already. Paramore have every right to headline the festival over Royal Blood and my actual prediction is Bicep headlining every day with Melvin Benn monologuing on every slot on every stage. 

Either way, it's been a pleasure, hope to stick around here too. Link to the fake poster at the bottom if you want to play around with it.

@SomeoneListeningIn watching your internal turmoil over that lineup was worth the whole ordeal. I can confirm I hadn't looked at this forum before making the poster (except maybe back in 2010 when I first went to Reading). I have never had any training in Photoshop beyond YouTube tutorials. You also basically ousted it as us too, so well done for that! 

@Mattymooz The poster was in fact made from scratch and based on the previous year's layout, it took me about an hour to put together but longer to decide on which bands should go on it. I look forward to your cage match this year. 

@Hawky Thank you for your applauding of effort, the bands took a long time! 

@pepesilvia Thank you for the comments on the quality, I am indeed hear to be Mattymooz's padawan. 

@dentalplan Amazing spot on the I in my typeface, who would've thought PT Sans would've caused me such a headache! Hadn't found the style guide in my research but absolutely wish I had now. Festival nerds do indeed exist outside of this forum, Reddit and Twitter are my stomping ground! 

@Jack w Considering we're such a small operation I think we've had some pretty decent acts on as guests (Enter Shikari, Joe Lycett, Dua Lipa), regardless - I'm sorry you're not a fan, hopefully we'll win you over someday. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7bke0p4si0atfyp/First Announcement.psd?dl=0 

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, SheldonLT said:

Hey everyone, Sheldon, host from SoundCheck and currently a very hated man on the internet, here! Enjoyed reading these comments during the lineup fiasco. Just wanted to clarify I few things on here as this is where the majority of discussion was - appreciate there's been another leak so I won't post anything after this to avoid taking up more of the feed than we already have!

Don't worry, if thats the Arctic Monkeys one its defo fake unless for some reason they are now reusing the 2014 theme and 50% of it's first announcement acts :P

5 minutes ago, SheldonLT said:

@Mattymooz The poster was in fact made from scratch and based on the previous year's layout, it took me about an hour to put together but longer to decide on which bands should go on it. I look forward to your cage match this year. 

It was definitely impressively done, especially the effort into adding the chevrons and changing the background image

6 minutes ago, SheldonLT said:

@dentalplan Amazing spot on the I in my typeface, who would've thought PT Sans would've caused me such a headache! Hadn't found the style guide in my research but absolutely wish I had now. Festival nerds do indeed exist outside of this forum, Reddit and Twitter are my stomping ground! 

If you haven't found it yet, the styleguide is actually really interesting tbh

And yeah, definitely a good effort. When I first posted it, you definitely threw us for a loop. There is a solid 10 to 20 pages in this discussion dedicated to that fake lineup lol.

12 minutes ago, SheldonLT said:

Hey everyone, Sheldon, host from SoundCheck and currently a very hated man on the internet, here! Enjoyed reading these comments during the lineup fiasco. Just wanted to clarify I few things on here as this is where the majority of discussion was - appreciate there's been another leak so I won't post anything after this to avoid taking up more of the feed than we already have! TLDR: Went well, had fun, no harm intended.

We never intended the mock lineup to go any further than Reddit and it was purely to see if anyone read as far down to our name and checked us out. The Bicep thing was totally unplanned and I was actually kind of mortified when we saw what he'd commented because we knew it was going to be picked up on. We didn't convince many here, but some said the lineup was disappointing, this was genuinely intended to be the case and tbf I usually find the first announcement to be lack lustre compared to the final poster although I do believe all acts have a chance to play and they're all worth checking out if you haven't already. Paramore have every right to headline the festival over Royal Blood and my actual prediction is Bicep headlining every day with Melvin Benn monologuing on every slot on every stage. 

Either way, it's been a pleasure, hope to stick around here too. Link to the fake poster at the bottom if you want to play around with it.

@SomeoneListeningIn watching your internal turmoil over that lineup was worth the whole ordeal. I can confirm I hadn't looked at this forum before making the poster (except maybe back in 2010 when I first went to Reading). I have never had any training in Photoshop beyond YouTube tutorials. You also basically ousted it as us too, so well done for that! 

@Hawky Thank you for your applauding of effort, the bands took a long time! 

@pepesilvia Thank you for the comments on the quality, I am indeed hear to be Mattymooz's padawan. 

@Jack w Considering we're such a small operation I think we've had some pretty decent acts on as guests (Enter Shikari, Joe Lycett, Dua Lipa), regardless - I'm sorry you're not a fan, hopefully we'll win you over someday. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7bke0p4si0atfyp/First Announcement.psd?dl=0 

Would upvote if I could but I'm out of them today aha.

Yeah really well played. Did have me pretty convinced at one point that even if it wasn't legit they'd all still be at the festival and someone in the know created a mock up of actual bookings. They just seemed so random and as you say, underwhelming like most first announcements are.

Good effort.

2 hours ago, Jack w said:

doing it for the publicity and bants because they can't get in shit, if they were actually on the lineup theyd be quiet and avoiding it so they cant get in trouble.

@SheldonLT I assume you're referencing this, apologies if that came across in a negative way,

What i meant was I thought you guys were doing it for a stunt kind of thing and for fun, which obviously you can't get in trouble for, whereas Bicep actually confirmed themselves by accident as supposedly they are actually on the lineup, so they are being quiet and saying how they didnt know the lineup wasn't released yet as they could potentially get in trouble with FR for announcing themselves early.

You'll also see I went on to compliment the experiment/stunt.

Apologies. Welcome to the forum and hope you stick around, good luck with the podcast :)

• Like 1