Lineup 2018

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

For those who are confused I'm gonna break it down:

2 Days Ago: Mystery poster appears on reddit

Last Night: Bicep "confirms" the lineup on Facebook

Earlier Today: Soundcheck confirms the lineup isn't true, then suggest that they know the lineup already. Bicep confirms that they don't know the lineup, but didn't realised they themselves haven't been announced.

Basically, Bicep were confirming they were playing R&L, and have no clue about anything else

For some reason I thought it was some music publication who'd sent those tweets. Just realised it's the podcast from the poster, no chance they know the lineup lmao.

1 hour ago, Steve1000 said:

Tbh if they've got BMTH, FOB and Foo's the crowds would probably improve. 

The crowds for all those would be very big, they would do nothing to help lockup. The festival site at least at Leeds would be easy to have a 2nd outdoor stage as sales aren't what they were, Reading site is smaller and camping much closer but that could easily be pushed back.

1 minute ago, Dbdb129 said:

What do we think of this? Soundcheck podcast jumping on some free publicity and going along with the fake linup or conforming they'll be at RandL?

Screenshot_20180114-185601.png

doing it for the publicity and bants because they can't get in shit, if they were actually on the lineup theyd be quiet and avoiding it so they cant get in trouble.

Edited by Jack w

3 minutes ago, Dbdb129 said:

What do we think of this? Soundcheck podcast jumping on some free publicity and going along with the fake linup or conforming they'll be at RandL?

Screenshot_20180114-185601.png

Well they've literally said it's news to them that they're playing just before this. I assume they're now jumping on for some publicity.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

It's alright guys dudey rhino has the answers

I'm betting he thinks that they confirmed it given that their response to his tweet was "I didnt know it hadn't been announced". They only confirmed they have no idea about the other acts in their response to me.

Fingers crossed he gets it right tho lol

23 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Even if the NME became an open air stage rather than a tent, it's still gonna be the second stage in the same way as it is now. Why would it no longer being in a tent mean it's now a second 'main stage'? No one called the outdoor NME Stage at TITP a second main stage, no one calls the Other Stage at Glasto a second main stage.

A new, larger NME Stage with enough space to house crowds that the likes of Imagine Dragons and Fall Out Boy pull could easily be spun by R&L and be marketed as a 'second main stage' (second prominent stage, not another Main stage, if that makes sense). Those fests wouldn't call their secondary stages 'a second main stage' but not many other fests would try and market someone as a co-headliner despite that playing before, and for less time, than their counterpart at both sites. This is the only way I can envisage the 'two main stage' thing happening. Not a chance another Main would be able to squeeze into the arena if the NME stays as it is. 

21 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

For those who are confused I'm gonna break it down:

2 Days Ago: Mystery poster appears on reddit

Last Night: Bicep "confirms" the lineup on Facebook

Earlier Today: Soundcheck confirms the lineup isn't true, then suggest that they know the lineup already. Bicep confirms that they don't know the lineup, but didn't realised they themselves haven't been announced.

Basically, Bicep were confirming they were playing R&L, and have no clue about anything else. That lineup is most likely fake (due to font, layout, we know soundcheck aren't on it etc.)

You've just scripted Dudeyrhino's next video for him