Lineup 2018

15 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Interesting, as has been said could that mean

Royal Blood / Imagine Dragons (coheadline)

Kendrick, FOB

?? (Foos)

With Panic headlining the NME, probably against Kendrick I'd imagine.

If that info is right, I wonder where that leaves Wolf Alice. Couldn't imagine them being another NME headliner as well as Panic, unless Panic are 3rd down main perhaps?

4 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Tbh FOB coming back wouldn't be any different in practise to went Paramore returned with a years gap. They didn't actually headline, did they?

Was originally booked as a co-headliner.....I doubt they are going to play below that.

3 minutes ago, Dan Wilcox said:

I wonder if there's a chance they drag it over 2 weekends? Is the new V definitely happening?

Also, 2 main stages means six headliners so Foos, RB, FOB, Kendrick, ID, BMTH and still no Arctics.

Say the old 'main' stage headliners were Foos, Kendrick and Royal Blood for example, then this new stage could be FOB, ID and BMTH I guess. It's just so ambiguous that it's hard to tell whether it's legit or not.

It would explain why it's taken so long for an announcement though...

Not too sure about R and L site specifics as to how it will work here but I know a lot of American festivals have two main stages with conflicting headliners, and it works pretty well actually. Went to ACL this year which had The XX versus Jay Z, RHCP versus Chance and Gorillaz versus Killers. Obviously gonna be different bands but maybe look to those kinda fests to see how this model works.

If the second stage thing turns out to be bullshit then I can see the top 4 each day looking like

Friday: Royal Blood / Imagine Dragons (coheadline), Travis Scott, The Hunna
Saturday: Kendrick Lamar, Fall Out Boy, Panic! at the Disco, J Hus
Sunday: Foo Fighters, Courteeners, The Wombats, Don Broco

With NME headliners being Silk City, Wolf Alice and Post Malone