Lineup 2018

Interesting, as has been said could that mean

Royal Blood / Imagine Dragons (coheadline)

Kendrick, FOB

?? (Foos)

With Panic headlining the NME, probably against Kendrick I'd imagine.

If that info is right, I wonder where that leaves Wolf Alice. Couldn't imagine them being another NME headliner as well as Panic, unless Panic are 3rd down main perhaps?

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Ugh kinda dissapointed that we gonna get shitty imagine dragons instead of Paramore :(

really not surprised if true tbh, makes more sense for them to bump them up rather than book paramore as a coheadliner again, just looks a bit stale even if they are a much better act

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I just thought that maybe whoever heard the info about acts playing ‘the two main stages’ (meaning the main and NME as they are the big ones) perhaps misinterpreted that as their being two ‘main’ stages. 

Because I don’t think they will increase the size of acts booked on the NME as that would only make it harder to fill that stage and the main with enough big bands as you would need more of them.

The guy specifically states "they're doing two main stages this year." 

That's as much detail as he gave.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

really not surprised if true tbh, makes more sense for them to bump them up rather than book paramore as a coheadliner again, just looks a bit stale even if they are a much better act

TBH, getting Paramore again who haven't played in 4 years (or any uk festival in the past 4 years) over an act who subbed 2 years ago would be more inspiring imo. But maybe my judgement is being clouded by the fact it is imagine dragons lol

Also regarding the two main stage thing it's surely can't be true, definitely no more room for it at the Leeds site unless they extended the arena into fields it's not been in before. The stages are close enough as it is, I remember seeing Frank Turner headline the FR in 2015 and between songs you could hear BBK because the dance stage is right next to it.

1 minute ago, Dan Wilcox said:

The guy specifically states "they're doing two main stages this year." 

That's as much detail as he gave.

Ok, fair enough. How would that even work? Maybe that’s why the announcement has taken a bit longer than usual, they’re trying to sort two Main Stages out, trying to please a lot of big egos :P 

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

IF there are two main stages, it's gonna be near impossible to predict who's playing and where. The lineup will look completely different to how it's ever looked before.

Yeah all these 240 pages will be full of complete bollocks if true. Exciting times

Just now, Steve1000 said:

Tbh FOB coming back wouldn't be any different in practise to went Paramore returned with a years gap. They didn't actually headline, did they?

in retrospect i don't think anyone would say they were headliners except FR themselves, which makes it slightly more confusing that they'd book them again so soon

Just now, Dan Wilcox said:

I wonder if there's a chance they drag it over 2 weekends? Is the new V definitely happening?

Also, 2 main stages means six headliners so Foos, RB, FOB, Kendrick, ID, BMTH and still no Arctics.

They've already announced the dates and sold tickets at normal prices so surely not

37 minutes ago, Dan Wilcox said:

Something about 2 main stages this year. Imagine Dragons, Royal Blood, Kendrick, Fall Out Boy, Panic! at the Disco all playing, BMTH been offered a spot also. 

2 main stages just seems like a bizarre idea, I don't see why there is a need for it. I always liked all the other stages being tents as the atmosphere is always better in there. I can't really slate it too much without knowing anymore info though, maybe FR will make it work (assuming it's true).

ID, RB, Kendrick, PATD all good bookings when you look at commercial success. Although this will be some what dependent on where they are placed. Where does everyone think PATD will play? I guess this 2 main stage thing makes it hard to predict. If the stages were normal I could see them headlining NME. Their last album was a success and they played 5th down main in 2015. 

Fall Out Boy would be an odd booking. They co-headlined only 2 years ago and since then have released a few dodgy singles that haven't gone down well commercially. 

BMTH being booked suggests to me they may be releasing a new album this year. If they do, it is hard to argue against booking them.