Lineup 2018

Just now, Alfie Clayton said:

Oi oi guys, saw the hunna last night!! there songs aint great but they are amazing live!!! really surprised by how good they where! new how to work a crowd and had sooo much energy! I think it was more entertaining then when I went to see RB!!!!! :? 

Fair enough, not a fan of the hunna at all but I have been to both of their gigs in the past and for me Royal Blood were miles ahead performance and crowd wise. Agreed though the hunna crowd was more lively than I would expect but it felt weird how people moshed to songs like ‘she’s casual’.

2 minutes ago, Jack w said:

Fair enough, not a fan of the hunna at all but I have been to both of their gigs in the past and for me Royal Blood were miles ahead performance and crowd wise. Agreed though the hunna crowd was more lively than I would expect but it felt weird how people moshed to songs like ‘she’s casual’.

Strongly agree I was very puzzled haha. 

On another note, Dudey Rhino is asking people to send him 'leaked' and 'fake' lineup posters for a video. @Mattymooz this is your chance to make it big.

3 minutes ago, Jack w said:

People will mosh to anything. Last time I saw the sherlocks the crowd was a massive mosh pit 

8 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Oi oi guys, saw the hunna last night!! there songs aint great but they are amazing live!!! really surprised by how good they where! new how to work a crowd and had sooo much energy! I think it was more entertaining then when I went to see RB!!!!! :? 

They are very good live, the moshing in their crowds is crazy, I mean so what if it all sounds the same all the songs are decent it's just they probably wont make the jump to being an amazing arena level band.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Jack w said:

Looking at these again, the fonts do look very similar and might actually be the same font but a different style/thickness  (in photoshop where there’s all the different bold settings). 

Not that that makes it any less fake just maybe even more realistic than we may have thought

Nah, according to the style guide you're supposed to use the bold version of the font anyway

I know the poster is fake, but I reckon Paramore / Foos / Royal Blood all headlining outright is a real possibility. People have been talking about who a 'surprise' headliner could be, perhaps the surprise to us is that we're actually getting 1 less headliner than we've been predicting. Get some decent sized subs under Paramore and Royal Blood (Chvrches and Catfish for example) and it'd sell fine.

7 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I know the poster is fake, but I reckon Paramore / Foos / Royal Blood all headlining outright is a real possibility. People have been talking about who a 'surprise' headliner could be, perhaps the surprise to us is that we're actually getting 1 less headliner than we've been predicting. Get some decent sized subs under Paramore and Royal Blood (Chvrches and Catfish for example) and it'd sell fine.

Paramore are arguably in a worse position commercially than they were in 2013 when they co- headlined, or at least no better. It'd be odd for them to headline outright now after co-headlining then imo - they haven't done anything to deserve that step up.

15 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Whilst I wouldn't mind that, I think most people who go to R&L won't give a shit about any of them and want will want someone indie or more mainstream in general. Maybe co-headline Royal Blood with The Strokes or BBK or something

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Paramore are arguably in a worse position commercially than they were in 2013 when they co- headlined, or at least no better. It'd be odd for them to headline outright now after co-headlining then imo - they haven't done anything to deserve that step up.

I agree it would be odd and I don't think it'll necessarily happen, but I also don't think it's off the cards. I wouldn't be surprised if they're not there at all either, it's just that predictions are always over optimistic in this forum so it's possible that there's going to be an underwhelming surprise that we didn't foresee.

2 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

Going back to that poster, there is no way that Bicep would know who's in the lineup. If FR let every act around Bicep's size know what the lineup is it would leak every year without fail. 

aye it's pretty clear he was just confirming himself rather than everyone else on the poster

13 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Whilst I wouldn't mind that, I think most people who go to R&L won't give a shit about any of them and want will want someone indie or more mainstream in general. Maybe co-headline Royal Blood with The Strokes or BBK or something

The Strokes would headline outright if they came back- cos it would probably be a worldwide exclusive . However I think Albert and Julian are busy with their solo stuff so :(

1 hour ago, Jack w said:

Looking at these again, the fonts do look very similar and might actually be the same font but a different style/thickness  (in photoshop where there’s all the different bold settings). 

The I's show it to be clearly a different font. 

Anyway the fact the final act are some kids sat in their bedroom recording a podcast should be enough to scream fake at everyone, surely? 

6 minutes ago, R Shah said:

The Strokes would headline outright if they came back- cos it would probably be a worldwide exclusive . However I think Albert and Julian are busy with their solo stuff so :(

Yeah, looks very unlikely they will be reforming this year. There is a small chance one of them is on the under card with their respective solo projects. Julian Casablancas + the Voidz are releasing a new album this year. Although I'm not sure they are really suited to the festival.