Lineup 2018

7 minutes ago, HolyHandGrenade said:

Too big to secret set?

(It's definitely too early to predict secret sets)

Not sure tbh. I don’t really know what kind of ‘level’ so to speak the secret set is held.

Hasnt there been rumours that The 1975 were gonna take that slot this year anyways?

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

The reasons why we think its a fake have been discussed and I'd say they're pretty rock solid. But fine, go see if Bicep will tell you the other two headliners and the secret sets, I'm sure they will have run the whole line up past Bicep by now.

The industry knows who is playing, I once happened to meet someone at BMTH’s management and he walked me through the Glastonbury line up before it was out the year they played. 

1 minute ago, Big kenny k said:

The industry knows who is playing, I once happened to meet someone at BMTH’s management and he walked me through the Glastonbury line up before it was out the year they played. 

Maybe some people do - I wouldn't be shocked to learn that someone who manages major international clients knows about festival placings, it's one of their jobs. In the case of Bicep, his credibility has been thrown out because he confirmed a blatantly fake tweet as the real lineup announcement.

If Paramore do headline I really don’t see why Royal Blood wouldn’t sub. They supported Foos on their last UK date and very recently have been supporting QOTSA on their tour, so they must be up for supporting other bands. Sure, they’d be a massive sub but they could agree to sub a massive headliner (ie foos). I just can’t see RB not being there and surely even they know they don’t have enough filler for a headline set. By the way this isn’t a huge bashing of RB, I’m a big fan and went to see them on their arena tour but I just don’t think theyre as big as people are making them out to be. 

Possibility of four announcements but Royal Blood and Paramore separate? I think it is real if they have posted it because they would have been mentioned in negotiations. I mean Paramore are decent but as one of the headliners, I think there better paired with someone. Unfortunately I think it's a leak like last year and the confirmation shows in fact Paramore are headlining Reading and Leeds festival.

25 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

If Paramore do headline I really don’t see why Royal Blood wouldn’t sub. They supported Foos on their last UK date and very recently have been supporting QOTSA on their tour, so they must be up for supporting other bands. Sure, they’d be a massive sub but they could agree to sub a massive headliner (ie foos). I just can’t see RB not being there and surely even they know they don’t have enough filler for a headline set. By the way this isn’t a huge bashing of RB, I’m a big fan and went to see them on their arena tour but I just don’t think theyre as big as people are making them out to be. 

Nah they supported Foo Fighters in 2015 when they were playing 3rd down at Reading, and they are supporting Queens of the Stone Age in America where they're not as big a deal and is reflected in the festival slots they get (see recent Firefly and Boston Calling posters).

25 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Possibility of four announcements but Royal Blood and Paramore separate? I think it is real if they have posted it because they would have been mentioned in negotiations. I mean Paramore are decent but as one of the headliners, I think there better paired with someone. Unfortunately I think it's a leak like last year and the confirmation shows in fact Paramore are headlining Reading and Leeds festival.

Negotiations with Bicep? Why would Paramore affect him playing? Paramore might be playing and I've been thinking they'll headline for most of the past few months, every act on that tweet could be playing but this is a 100% fake announcement. Nobody got a notification about the tweet and they've based it on an old announcement image (they've recently been changing it up every time) except it doesn't look convincingly similar at all. You can all piss yourself laughing at me if they tweet that out for real tomorrow but I think you can justifiably call bullshit on it right now.

r_l_2017_line_up_first_announcement_soci

DTdHJz2X4AAO0EW.jpg:large

Edited by dentalplan

8 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

:lol: This is annoying me, too. Who the fuck is putting Northlane, Maggie Rogers and a podcast on a fake one of these? No one, because it's stupid. Same as the Nero thing.

Only know what Northlane is because my friends who listen to nothing but Malevolence and go to see Malevolence and a million identically painful sounding bands every week saw them recently and their Snapchat stories almost broke my phone's speakers.

Malev have the worst crowds ever. Just full of complete arseholes. Northlane are alright live. I’m not a fan but I’ve caught them a couple of times at festivals. Their last album was pretty decent compared to the rest of those kind of bands. Still, I think they’d be an odd token ‘heavy’ band to throw in an initial announcement as I can’t imagine many people getting excited about it. 

36 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Royal Blood got an hour at Glastonbury last year I believe, they spent a fair bit doing extended guitar intros and outros, it didn't get too tedious apart from one moment when it dragged a bit and came to nothing. It was a good show but was clear they were struggling. I can't see at all them supporting Foos at Reading, it's a unneeded sub. I think they will have the sub that you don't think should be one necessarily but peoplebuy tickets off of Foos alone.

As for Paramore, unless they are the final Sunday act for BST, I don't see anything other than a topping Reading slot in some way before possibly they aren't seen like that anymore. Reading knows how well the band cater for fest hence they get them whenever they can, 3 times in 5 years wasn't an issue for them. I think it'll be the biggest shock if they aren't ther, 4 years is a big gap for Reading these days. I'd have jumped at Paramore and FF both heading a few years ago. 

I think it'll be the above two with RB, ID, Catfish and Stormzy making up the top 6, if there is another making the top 6/7 if they have a co-headliner then Wolf Alice. That's a strong top end imo, what's comes below will probably be a different matter and that's virtually your budget.

8 hours ago, HolyHandGrenade said:

Too big to secret set?

(It's definitely too early to predict secret sets)

On the subject of secret sets, I think Jack White could be a good shout obviously depending on when his album is out and if he’ll be around doing promo at the time

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, foolee said:

I swear the other day some guy tweeted 3 of those posters and stated he made them. One had stormzy on two different days so they’re definitely fake. Doesn’t stop that this bicep guy is playing, he’s just confirming that he is playing imo.

Fuck sake :rofl:. I made those 2 posters at the beginning of december and then someone dreged them up again.

I literally just used last years announcement and changed the bands. This one they changed the background image, added the chevrona, used the wrong font etc.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Maybe some people do - I wouldn't be shocked to learn that someone who manages major international clients knows about festival placings, it's one of their jobs. In the case of Bicep, his credibility has been thrown out because he confirmed a blatantly fake tweet as the real lineup announcement.

Bicep are a duo my dude

Edited by Mouseboy11

15 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

5a5a5df940819_ScreenShot2018-01-13at19_28_22.png.ff03cbdd80aff841dadd957c9a45b6bb.png

I was thinking about the fact we probably are not getting everything right, especially the headliners like every other year so I thought Green Day are like the Muse of last year, nothing planned but do RandL. They have been thrown about but not the obvious prediction, I think they could be the shock. If so it would mean either Kendrick doesn't play or the co-headline doesn't happen and I'm more inclined to believe the co-headline wouldn't because they are persuaded to have an alternative genre. 

I could see if Green Day headlined, Royal Blood being special guests for Kendrick as it would be a weaker day in my opinion though some may say Green Day are. It was said earlier potential KL and RB co-headline but we have established that KL is big enough and sold out expensive tour. So I feel if the shock was GD then it could be something like this. 21P and Stormzy have been rumoured for the sub-headline so thats that, same with the third.

What do you think if Green Day did headline, which is obvious for one to be not correct as thats how predictions are. 

Foos and Green Day would be amazing! Two bands i really love and have never watched live! But can't see both headlining, and think it will be the Foos of the two from what seems to be the biggest prediction on here.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

r_l_2017_line_up_first_announcement_soci

DTdHJz2X4AAO0EW.jpg:large

Looking at these again, the fonts do look very similar and might actually be the same font but a different style/thickness  (in photoshop where there’s all the different bold settings). 

Not that that makes it any less fake just maybe even more realistic than we may have thought

8 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

Foos and Green Day would be amazing! Two bands i really love and have never watched live! But can't see both headlining, and think it will be the Foos of the two from what seems to be the biggest prediction on here.

It obviously will never happen , but just imagine if it was foo fighters arctic monkeys and green day as the headliners.

• Upvote 1