Lineup 2018

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

What did you receive regarding AM and do you have any information like previous years?

someone told me that he'd heard AMs aren't doing R/L. That info could be right or it could be wrong, I've no way of knowing, tho that source is usually right, but not always ... and this comes a bit more remotely than some of his other stuff. So make up your own mind. :)

And nope, i've not heard anything else this year. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't, it depends what goes past the ears of someone who might tell me.

41 minutes ago, Chloe12 said:

What’s the chance of catfish subbing do you think? New album coming out so

Very good chance - they've sold out finsbury park with a couple of good other bands on the bill and I went to that gig and they were phenomenal. One of the best new guitar bands out there, definitely future headliners just slightly behind royal blood and 1975 at this moment.

Edited by R Shah

This is a bit of a stretch (and it could also be flipped and used against paramore too), but both Paramore and AM headlined in 2014, so if Paramore are (co)headlining then they might not wanna book Arctics because it would be too similar to 2014.

8 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

This is a bit of a stretch (and it could also be flipped and used against paramore too), but both Paramore and AM headlined in 2014, so if Paramore are (co)headlining then they might not wanna book Arctics because it would be too similar to 2014.

Very good point. I don't recall them ever booking 2 headliners the same year again in the same year.

7 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Very good chance - they've sold out finsbury park with a couple of good other bands on the bill and I went to that gig and they were phenomenal. One of the best new guitar bands out there, definitely future headliners just slightly behind royal blood and 1975 at this moment.

The worrying thing here is though that we already has two co-headliners who based on touring shows/ticket sales are behind both of those two you have mentioned. I don't quite want to go there but I don't even think there is that much difference between how fast Catfish can sell bigger venues compared to Foals and Disclosure....Catfish shows didn't hang around and well the former of these did. They may not have had Manchester Arena but they did have 4-5.5k venues in the BIC and Derby Arena, plus Plymouth Pavilions, 3 nights at the Manchester Warehouse and Wembley Arena, Glashow SECC, and although last summer, the Motorpoint in Wales, the Echo and as said Community Fest. I don't expect them to be topping the bill this year tbh but sub minimum and chucked in as a co-headliner would not shock me.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

The worrying thing here is though that we already has two co-headliners who based on touring shows/ticket sales are behind both of those two you have mentioned. I don't quite want to go there but I don't even think there is that much difference between how fast Catfish can sell bigger venues compared to Foals and Disclosure....Catfish shows didn't hang around and well the former of these did. They may not have had Manchester Arena but they did have 4-5.5k venues in the BIC and Derby Arena, plus Plymouth Pavilions, 3 nights at the Manchester Warehouse and Wembley Arena, Glashow SECC, and although last summer, the Motorpoint in Wales, the Echo and as said Community Fest. I don't expect them to be topping the bill this year tbh but sub minimum and chucked in as a co-headliner would not shock me.

I agree it's just for me I feel their last slot at reading was 3rd NME stage surely they wouldn't jump straight to co headline, and cos of the size difference in venues royal blood and paramore and imagine dragons etc are playing that would just be the difference. After this 3rd album i reckon theyll have an arena tour and would be solid to co headline 2020.

Aren't the Catfish shows in Newcastle/Cardiff over summer like £30 or something though? That price doesn't scream potential coheadliner to me. Could definitely see them subbing, but don't think a coheadline is on the cards this year.

5 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Aren't the Catfish shows in Newcastle/Cardiff over summer like £30 or something though? That price doesn't scream potential coheadliner to me. Could definitely see them subbing, but don't think a coheadline is on the cards this year.

Think that’s in like a festival type thing tho isn’t it 

I would be surprised if Paramore play. Their album last year received good reviews from critics but didn't do great commercially. I could see FR waiting until their next album cycle with the hope their next album does well so Paramore can headline outright. 

The more I think about it, the more I convince myself that Royal Blood will headline outright. Kendrick-Foos-Royal Blood would still be a strong set of headliners commercially. FR will be keen to push Royal Blood as much as possible in the hope they can maintain their momentum and headline again in the future. 

9 minutes ago, Chloe12 said:

Think that’s in like a festival type thing tho isn’t it 

Yeah so they're headlining a festival that's £35 a day in the middle of Newcastle. Doubt they'd be doing that if they were being given a headlining berth at Reading or Leeds.

3 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

I would be surprised if Paramore play. Their album last year received good reviews from critics but didn't do great commercially. I could see FR waiting until their next album cycle with the hope their next album does well so Paramore can headline outright. 

The more I think about it, the more I convince myself that Royal Blood will headline outright. Kendrick-Foos-Royal Blood would still be a strong set of headliners commercially. FR will be keen to push Royal Blood as much as possible in the hope they can maintain their momentum and headline again in the future. 

I sort of think that's why they might headline, just to stop them dropping through the floor  next album because they're a band that FR put a lot of work into and for them to dip after coheadlining would undo a lot of it. A helping hand, if you will.

Royal Blood probably will headline outright tbf, it's just between that about Paramore and Imagine Dragons touring around the time they may be able to squeeze one more in.

1 hour ago, R Shah said:

I agree it's just for me I feel their last slot at reading was 3rd NME stage surely they wouldn't jump straight to co headline, and cos of the size difference in venues royal blood and paramore and imagine dragons etc are playing that would just be the difference. After this 3rd album i reckon theyll have an arena tour and would be solid to co headline 2020.

Doesn't mean a lot tbh....Arctics got a huge leap and now with say tickets lower they can justify it.

1 hour ago, CRW5252 said:

I can see Foos, Paramore outright and a Royal Blood/ID co-headliner. I can see Wolf Alice below the last 2 and Catfish subbing the Paramore day. I don't see them bothering to make the Foos sub that significant tbh as it'll sell well....better that 2012 I would presume

10 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Guys!!! New am post!!!! They said “arctic monkeys will begin in a few moments..” and a photo of their kit set up on a stage!!!!

That’s a fan page (if you’re looking at the same Instagram post I saw at least), wouldn’t get your hopes up for an out of the blue show yet Alf.

4 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

That’s a fan page (if you’re looking at the same Instagram post I saw at least), wouldn’t get your hopes up for an out of the blue show yet Alf.

It was posted by the drummers dad on Twitter, he’s been posting all of the announcements and teasers