Lineup 2018

8 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Erm.... I did but it appears to have been deleted.... I had found it just by searching for tweets with @officialrandl in but it has gone from that now lmao

EDIT:

I swear to god it was in between these 2 tweets a second ago

Screenshot_20180112-012713.png

I looked last night, intently, and couldn't find it. 

1 minute ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Could see them doing Sziget or something as well as tramlines the month before. 

Yeah, just a waiting game at this point! I was saying that maybe reading were holding off for them to announce their return? Very small chance that's right but just a thought again. TBH, as long as Foos are at reading, I'm buzzing :)

Hahaha @Mattymooz look what you've done now.

Yeah ignore everything that happened last night, the Paramore poster is almost definitely fake and the one with Stormzy subbing was made by Matty. Although to the people saying those subs were weak, I'd say that's as strong as it will get, wouldn't be surprised to see weaker subs than that.

Just now, Jericode said:

Saw Paramore last night, if they added a few more older singles to the set they did they could easily headline outright.

Paramore could definitely do it outright aye, but I also can't not see Royal Blood coheadlining with someone and Paramore would probably be humble enough to agree to that.

28 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Hahaha @Mattymooz look what you've done now.

Yeah ignore everything that happened last night, the Paramore poster is almost definitely fake and the one with Stormzy subbing was made by Matty. Although to the people saying those subs were weak, I'd say that's as strong as it will get, wouldn't be surprised to see weaker subs than that.

Ahahaha, every single post on twitter said they were predictions too lmao...

Assuming we have the headliners right, I think Courteeners make a lot of sense under Foos. Its just a matter of guessing who is under Kendrick (i mean, Ive been guessing it aint a rock band like the EMINEM situation last year but idk)

8 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Assuming we have the headliners right, I think Courteeners make a lot of sense under Foos. Its just a matter of guessing who is under Kendrick (i mean, Ive been guessing it aint a rock band like the EMINEM situation last year but idk)

Yeah I think courteeners under Foos would work well.

There's so many different names being thrown about for the Kendrick sub, I'm currently thinking The Prodigy with the logic that last year Eminem was more of an 'old school' rapper with a newish dance act to sub him, so with Kendrick being a newer rapper they'd have an 'old school' dance act to sub, and The Prodigy look pretty certain to be around in summer. Then again though, they've had plenty of opportunities to play the festival since the last time they did in 2009, so maybe R&L aren't interested in booking them anymore.

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yeah I think courteeners under Foos would work well.

There's so many different names being thrown about for the Kendrick sub, I'm currently thinking The Prodigy with the logic that last year Eminem was more of an 'old school' rapper with a newish dance act to sub him, so with Kendrick being a newer rapper they'd have an 'old school' dance act to sub, and The Prodigy look pretty certain to be around in summer. Then again though, they've had plenty of opportunities to play the festival since the last time they did in 2009, so maybe R&L aren't interested in booking them anymore.

The dance acts I can think about being around at that point that could sub are pretty limited:

- The Prodigy

- Chainsmokers (think they more likely for Zombie V)

- Skrillex (if he's back to touring)

- Swedish House Mafia (if they reform)

- Pendulum Live? (Really doubt this think if they play they would headline NME, though they will probably have new material out by then)

I doubt they'd put a rapper under him, so other than that I guess it is a rock band? Maybe something like Twenty One Pilots would be ok as it is kind of a crossover act?

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Paramore could definitely do it outright aye, but I also can't not see Royal Blood coheadlining with someone and Paramore would probably be humble enough to agree to that.

That would be a very disappointing year should Paramore do so outright and RB co-headline with someone and AM/Foo Fighters as the main Saturday act. Doesn't scream amazing but when has it ever been like that for people. Was for myself in the 2005-2013/4 years but it isn't what people want to be honest considering Kendrick is probably more appealing than a Paramore or RB co-headline TRNMT looks better should they get AM/Foo Fighters. RandL really needs to do better to pull a great year.

5 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Theres two others from the same guy in the same format as the first announcement:5a58646224889_ScreenShot2018-01-12at07_28_57.png.7e3840f5c6b60dbfa2ec4340d2e68591.png5a586466329cc_ScreenShot2018-01-12at07_29_30.png.8503e64c633b60f4e785716fa9fb0819.png

Just wanna point out the reason the other one had some potential truth behind it is that whoever made it did it from scratch, new graphics etc. These ones that I did was just last years poster edited with different names and dates. Last years for comparison:

Image result for reading 2017 first announcement