Lineup 2018

@Jayvk I went to see Milky Chance in Leeds on my own and it was absolutely awesome. I could dance how I wanted and sing as loud as I wanted without any worry of showing friends up. Even met some people who happened to be from the same place I'm from.

In short go for it. You won't regret going alone but you might regret not going.

On an unrelated note, what are people thinking of MGMT being announced for this year?

Edited by ollieg99

3 hours ago, Jayvk said:

This isn't exactly on the topic of R&L, but it'll certainly contribute in the long run.

Is it worth going to gigs on your own? Genuine question, I've missed a load just because no one wants to come. I'm usually only traveling about half an hour to Birmingham from Coventry so I was just wondering if anyone here does it and if it's actually a good idea?

Only bringing this up now as my friend has pulled out of coming to a gig with me and I really want to go. Anyway yeah, any advice/experience would be appreciated.

Got a day ticket on my own for Reading a couple of years ago and been to a few gigs on my own. Great fun, you can go a little wild and no one will ever know :P

21 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Whilst I agree about going on your own, Broco are very likely for R+L this year if you only want to see them once.

See if it was another band that were strongly rumoured for Reading then I'd just wait, but I've already seen Broco at a festival (Godiva Festival 2014 or 2015 I think). I'd love to see them in a proper venue.

28 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

See if it was another band that were strongly rumoured for Reading then I'd just wait, but I've already seen Broco at a festival (Godiva Festival 2014 or 2015 I think). I'd love to see them in a proper venue.

your old avatar was better what are you playing at

Just now, The Placid Casual said:

Serious question, why do you have a topless picture of Kid Cudi as your avatar?

If you answer with 'why don't you?' I'll knock you out.

Hahaha I was about to reply with that before I read it. 

Nah but honestly, It's the cover of what's probably one of my favourite albums of the last few years, Pain, Passion & Demon Slayin' (Also I couldn't find a picture of the Good Kid , M.a.a.D City cover that was the right size for my avatar).

5 hours ago, Jayvk said:

This isn't exactly on the topic of R&L, but it'll certainly contribute in the long run.

Is it worth going to gigs on your own? Genuine question, I've missed a load just because no one wants to come. I'm usually only traveling about half an hour to Birmingham from Coventry so I was just wondering if anyone here does it and if it's actually a good idea?

Only bringing this up now as my friend has pulled out of coming to a gig with me and I really want to go. Anyway yeah, any advice/experience would be appreciated.

Honestly, agree with everyone else here. First time I went alone to a gig was Jamie T & since then, I mostly go by myself. I'd rather go alone than miss out on a good gig.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jack w said:

Welcome to the forum!

R&L have stated 'early 2018' which most of us are guessing late january or early february. This is because the festival have a new PR company therefore it is most likely that they have just decided to change the times and format that they release the lineup.

Ahhh I see thanks:) and yes I'm new 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, rfc_478 said:

It’s only late in comparison to recent years.   It wasn’t that long ago we got nothing until March! 

I'm pretty young so I've only really followed the line-ups in the recent years but yeah I get you. Really hope it isn't that long a wait this year! Thanks though