Youth Is Only Ever Fun In Retrospect-Sundara Karma

Big Fish Theory-Vince Staples

Yesterday's Gone-Loyle Carner

DAMN.-Kendrick Lamar

Still Striving- A$AP Ferg

Late Summers-Jay Prince

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, shammie1 said:

Has anyone mentioned Franz Ferdinand? On tour next year as well as being announced for Shaky Knees Festival. Where would they place now, NME headliner possibly? What do you think?

96280E04-BDC4-445B-B0F6-754E41D0E1E5.jpeg

Yeah they were in a few predictions (including mine) a couple months ago. I only had them as a filler though really.

1. Creeper - Eternity In Your Arms

2. Idles - Brutalism 

3. Code Orange - Forever

4. Zeal & Ardor - Devil Is Fine

5. Body Count - Bloodlust

6. Paramore - After Laughter

7. Queens of the Stone Age - Villains

8. Sorority Noise - You're Not As ____ As You Think

9. While She Sleeps - You Are We

10. Arcade Fire - Everything Now

Imma listen to the Converge one tommorow so we may very well have a new entry shortly

Still haven't even finished up my 2017 round up yet. Got like 15 albums left to listen to from last year but oh well, here's my top 20 because 10 is not enough.

1. Sorority Noise - You're Not As _____ As You Think
2. Mount Eerie - A Crow Looked At Me
3. Converge - The Dusk In Us
4. Ostraca - Last
5. Paramore - After Laughter
6. Swordfish - Rodia
7. Idles - Brutalism
8. Lorde - Melodrama
9. Oliver Houston - Whatever Works
10. Slaughter Beach, Dog - Birdie
11. Kelly Lee Owens - Kelly Lee Owens
12. Vince Staples - Big Fish Theory 
13. Julien Baker - Turn Out The Lights
14. Iron Chic - You Can't Stay Here
15. Ønje - Prima Che Tutto Bruci
16. King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Flying Microtonal Banana 
17. The Body & Full of Hell - Ascending A Mountain of Heavy Light
18. Remo Drive - Greatest Hits
19. Employed To Serve - The Warmth of a Dying Sun 
20. King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Polyondwanaland

I've listened to Pop2 by Charli XCX today and I really enjoyed that, not sure where I'd put it though. On first listen I had ti breaking my top 10 but on a 2nd listen I wasn't so sure. Will listen to it a few more times but it'll certainly be in my top 20 though. Also I want to go props to Phoebe Bridgers and Tyler The Creator for great albums as well and King Gizzard for releasing 5 good albums when quite a few artists could barely manage to make 1.

Edited by justanothername

16 minutes ago, Edduk98 said:

No one going to mention Tenacious D are at Shaky Knees Fest? Could they possibly come to Reading? Even more so that Foo's are really rumored and those two bands are quite good friends! Could TD Co Headline for Foo's? let me know your thoughts :) 

I'm not sure they're big enough to sub these days, maybe third from top or NME headliners.

17 minutes ago, Edduk98 said:

No one going to mention Tenacious D are at Shaky Knees Fest? Could they possibly come to Reading? Even more so that Foo's are really rumored and those two bands are quite good friends! Could TD Co Headline for Foo's? let me know your thoughts :) 

Sub not co and I think it’s a long shot but would be pretty cool

1 hour ago, Edduk98 said:

They’ve been discussed here before, and the general view is that they would probably want a higher slot than the festival would give them, therefore it’s unlikely. Personally I don’t think they’re big enough in the UK anymore to warrant a sub slot

7 minutes ago, Chloe12 said:

This is all over twitter

ED6DD5BC-5835-4EA0-8E71-2BE7BE9057D9.jpeg

Welcome to the forum, yeah if you didn't know, this is either a prediction or false information, Liam Gallagher subbed last year so wont be headlining this year though I hope not, Kasabian headlined last year so they wouldn't sub-headline and Catfish headlining outright is the funniest thing. 

I've decided Imagine Dragons are more likely to coheadline than Paramore. They've sold out pretty much all tickets for their arena tour in the UK and they're definitely around Europe towards the end of August. Makes more sense too (from the festivals point of view) considering Paramore have already coheadlined before whereas Imagine Dragons haven't, and they've pushed imagine dragons up the lineup over recent years similar to how they did Paramore back in the day.

Royal Blood / Imagine Dragons, Kendrick, Foo Fighters. Feel pretty confident that they could be the headliners.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

37 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I've decided Imagine Dragons are more likely to coheadline than Paramore. They've sold out pretty much all tickets for their arena tour in the UK and they're definitely around Europe towards the end of August. Makes more sense too (from the festivals point of view) considering Paramore have already coheadlined before whereas Imagine Dragons haven't, and they've pushed imagine dragons up the lineup over recent years similar to how they did Paramore back in the day.

Royal Blood / Imagine Dragons, Kendrick, Foo Fighters. Feel pretty confident that they could be the headliners.

ok

• Like 1