Lineup 2018

8 hours ago, matty13 said:

Yeah buddy i was the same, this is my first post. really liking your line up, though i imagine Royal Blood would be higher. Love that you’ve suggested Brockhampton they’re killing it right now, would be sick if they actually turned up.

Oh. also what are the odds of Twenty One Pilots at Reading? Surely their new album would be out by then.

Really not bad shout. Only thing I wonder if Stormzy and Dua Lipa are too big for the NME

25 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

Dua lipa is very much a NME headliner I think but believe stormzy should be at least 3rd down on main 

Dua Lipa announced an arena tour although I don't know how well it sold. If it did well she isn't topping NME....subbing minimum but playing at Reading isn't likely anyway.

8 minutes ago, matty13 said:

i had just assumed that Dua Lipa may be a bit too ‘mainstream’ (for a lack of a better word) for R&L. Hadn’t even considered that she might play.

Wouldn’t be against it though, heard she puts up a great show.

They had Eminem as the mainstream headliner and major lazor as the mainstream sub so it's possibly- she could sub Kendrick or maybe sub a different day ? Remember Katy Perry subbed foos at Glasto and biffy subbed ed Sheeran so it's possible I guess that they might mix it up so there's a balance of Rock and mainstream on each day.

Edited by R Shah

12 minutes ago, R Shah said:

They had Eminem as the mainstream headliner and major lazor as the mainstream sub so it's possibly- she could sub Kendrick or maybe sub a different day ? Remember Katy Perry subbed foos at Glasto and biffy subbed ed Sheeran so it's possible I guess that they might mix it up so there's a balance of Rock and mainstream on each day.

Excuse me sir The National subbed Foos and Katy Perry was 3rd down please don't forget the only good act in that top 3.

• Downvote 1

Say Nothing but Thieves are pretty much nailed on now, got R&L fans album of the year so would be a bit stupid to just completely bypass them next year, possibly another NME headliner/sub.

Edit: I keep forgetting it's 2018 so by next year I mean this year.

Edited by MIchael_scarn
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

What was everyone's thoughts on their best albums of 2017 btw. My choices probably would be A Fever Dream (Everything Everything), DAMN (Kendrick), Youth is Only Ever Fun in Retrospect (Sundara Karma) and Different Creatures (Circa Waves) are probably my shouts, interested to hear others opinions.

These were mine 5a53714a4104b_ScreenShot2018-01-08at13_24_57.thumb.png.0ad710adb789a687d4ac1977dbd28117.png

Top 3 out of these would be Cabbage - Young dumb and full of... , Royal Blood - How did we get so dark?, and Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes - Modern Ruin.      Expecting all these 3 bands to appear at reading.

however personally, most my favourite music of last year came out of individual song releases and EP's. So This year should be an even bigger year for albums for me.

EDIT

Massive honourable mentions to Kendrick - DAMN and Paramore - After Laughter. TBH both of these although didnt make the list could easily have replaced Fangclub - Self Titled or,  The Orwells - Terrible Human Beings.

Edited by Jack w

18 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

What was everyone's thoughts on their best albums of 2017 btw. My choices probably would be A Fever Dream (Everything Everything), DAMN (Kendrick), Youth is Only Ever Fun in Retrospect (Sundara Karma) and Different Creatures (Circa Waves) are probably my shouts, interested to hear others opinions.

DAMN - Kendrick, You Are We - While She Sleeps, Different Creatures - Circa Waves, Mesmer - Northlane and Peace & The Panic - Neck Deep for me 

20 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Tricky, my top 10 would probably be:

1. Lorde - Melodrama

2. Paramore - After Laughter

3. OVERWERK - State

4. Charli XCX - Number 1 Angel

5. Illenium - Awake

6. Tove Lo - Blue Lips

7. Kendrick Lamar - Damn.

8. The Amazons - The Amazons

9. Bicep - Bicep

10. Vince Staples - Big Fish Theory

Honorary mentions to Royal Blood, Cashmere Cat, Sundara Karma and K.Flay.

27 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

1. The Menzingers - After The Party 

2. Code Orange - Forever 

3. Enter Shikari - The Spark

4. While She Sleeps - You Are We

5. Sorority Noise - You’re Not As ___ As You Think

6. The Smith Street Band - More Scared of You Than You Are of Me 

7. Brand New - Science Fiction 

8. Creeper - Eternity In Your Arms

9. Thy Art Is Murder - Dear Desolation 

10. Employed To Serve - The Warmth of a Dying Sun 

Big shout out to Power Trip and The Black Dahlia Murder who both released absolutely incredible albums too. 2016 & 2017 have been phenomenal years. 

• Like 1

1. Process - Sampha
  2. Sleep Well Beast - The National
  3. Flower Boy - Tyler, the Creator
  4. The Ooz - King Krule
  5. Masseduction - St. Vincent
  6. Saturation Trilogy - BROCKHAMPTON
  7. Ctrl - SZA
  8. DAMN. - Kendrick Lamar
  9. After Laughter - Paramore
  10. What Do You Think About the Car - Declan McKenna

1. Manchester Orchestra - A Black Mile to the Surface